Sign in to follow this  
Laqueesha

Call of Duty 7: Black Ops Trailer...

Looking forward to it, in five years when its worth it if its as short as the last one.

Despite earlier reservations, "Oh no..not another CoD..etc", and given treyarchs job with WaW, and the fact that I can play as Fiedel Castro in Zombie mode, and indeed, Zombie Mode, I might just give this a bash...when the price drops to about £15 - £20 of course. £34.99 is just ridiculous. Im concerned though that Bobby kotick is holding a gun to Amazons collective head...(SC2 should've come down in price by now)...and lo, amazon do seem to have dropped the price of Blac-ops to £34.91...'appy daze.

Plus I want to get my mate to play as JFK so I can keep shooting him in the back of the head. :D

Edited by Bascule42
what does depite mean? added "s"

Well, if they bring the price right down. And I hear good things about this game, I may buy it. But, I don't trust devs anymore. * wonder why *

"Gentleman, lock and load."

Since when did Activision games become funny...*shifty eyes*

Since Im not interested in the MP portion of this title, $60.00 is a hefty price for what will no doubt be another 4-5 hour campaign with the added incentive of handing more money over to Kotick for the inevitable DLC.

This is a guy who wants to charge for cutscenes FFS.

http://www.ripten.com/2010/09/20/bobby-kotick-wants-to-sell-you-cut-scenes/

In other words, NO SALE.

Edited by BangTail

I wouldnt count on prices dropping soon. A month ago or so I seen CoD4 being sold for 35EUR in some local store.

Anyway, Ill get blackops. It cant be worse then MW2.

/QFT

CoD prices don't depreciate quickly (if at all) since MW1.

MW2 is still $59.99 on Steam :(

Pretty damn arrogant if you ask me but proof positive that sales are good because when sales aren't good on Steam (and elsewhere I suspect), the price drops fast.

Edited by BangTail

I cancelled my preorder. Planned to use the UK version but learned that due to nazi symbols on the zombies Steam decided to disallow all activations from german IPs.

Since i really love my steam account (30+ games) i wont try to use a proxy as those are easily spotted and i might end up being banned.

So i decided nobody gets my money in the end. Lost sale. :)

There are other games.

)rStrangelove;1780772']I cancelled my preorder. Planned to use the UK version but learned that due to nazi symbols on the zombies Steam decided to disallow all activations from german IPs.

Oh man, thats cold. I dunno why they do this. I bought CoD5 primarely becouse I wanted to play coop campaign with a friend from ger. And we couldnt play it for same reason. Why cant they just make the flags all red or smt. for ger players.

Anyway, cant you buy german version when it comes out then?

Cases like this make me wonder why the industry moans about piracy.

In my Game collection 99% are bought but in such cases its tempting to just download it.

However if its like MW2 then it isnt even worth the download bandwith.

Before anyone bashes, i liked MW1 but MW2 sucks donkey d*** from start to end.

Yeah, I like CoD4 and CoD2 & original. They were good then

Yeah, I like CoD4 and CoD2 & original. They were good then

MW1 was great, MW2 was naff.

The WW2 ones were all pretty good for the most part.

Yep, I did like playing CoD2. And I still do. I have a feeling Black Ops is along the same lines as Mw2. Over-hyped, not enough followup.

I hope im wrong, and its brillaint. And it beats Mw1, and its just brillaint. But, Yeah......

I have a feeling Black Ops is along the same lines as Mw2...

Maybe, but don't forget that BO, (lol...BO), is developed by Treyarch, not Infinity Ward, (or carrying on the pun - by lots of exercise without showering). While being, "just another shooter", I rather enjoyed WaW. It's not up there in the top played games on my Xfire list, single & multiplayer gave me 60 hours gameplay - not too bad I suppose - but it was fun. MW2 however was a waste of time. Totally. While Im expecting BO to be "just another shooter", I'm expecting a similar standard to WaW, as opposed to MW2. Am just curious what kind of zombies are going to be crashing on the 4 pressies party, (I know, dont mention Castro). Reds? Tea Party?

TV advert was pretty good. I'm sure they know everything with Gimmie Shelter as background music will sound like a Martin Scorsese film.

ha zipper, that was awsome video. I agree. Best ad I've seen in a while. :)

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Maybe, but don't forget that BO, (lol...BO), is developed by Treyarch, not Infinity Ward, (or carrying on the pun - by lots of exercise without showering). While being, "just another shooter", I rather enjoyed WaW. It's not up there in the top played games on my Xfire list, single & multiplayer gave me 60 hours gameplay - not too bad I suppose - but it was fun. MW2 however was a waste of time. Totally. While Im expecting BO to be "just another shooter", I'm expecting a similar standard to WaW, as opposed to MW2. Am just curious what kind of zombies are going to be crashing on the 4 pressies party, (I know, dont mention Castro). Reds? Tea Party?

TV advert was pretty good. I'm sure they know everything with Gimmie Shelter as background music will sound like a Martin Scorsese film.

Yeah, I do expect BO to be "just another shooter", it will surley be worth some money. But im pretty sure that tag is not what they're charging for it.

Just ordinary shooter games can be fun, if done right. Infact, they can be brillaint, like Call of Duty 4. But most just follow the trend, don't try new stuff, don't balance things out in the long run. Just try to add as much as possible and shiny things up to look nice and like the best selling.

Perhaps black ops is different, If Treyarch was just an indie dev team. Making little games, Black Ops could be quite an achievment. But its the fact its a sure fired win anything they do thats putting me off it, as its insentive for them to stop working hard at the game, and just take Mw2 and change the models......

and just take Mw2 and change the models......

Treyarch wouldn't have access to MW2 models...different dev studio.

...unfortunately, you may be right about the rest. The only hope is that Treyarch dropped a right bollock with CoD 3, (I think), which was absolute shite. And they paid the price, because of that they actually had to work at WaW to recover. And, IMO, they did just that. So maybe, they learnt from that mistake.....well see next week.

Treyarch wouldn't have access to MW2 models...different dev studio.

I'm not sure... I get the feeling that, when Activision sacked West/Zampella, a lot of the bad blood was generated because Infinity Ward knew that the Publisher had them stitched up and could take their code off them and give it to another studio.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Completely unfounded guess at exchange in dying days of Infinity Ward:

Kotick Minion: You will copy paste MW2 for your next game, or we will give the game code to another studio - this game doesn't need innovation, anyone can make its sequel!

West/Zampella : But we have IP rights on our code!

Kotick Minion: No... you signed those away in return for your bonuses, it's all here in black and white.

West/Zampella scrabble about with photocopier/USB hard-drives, trying to gather together the assets for MW2.

Kotick Minion: What are you doing with that photocopier? That's industrial espionage! Fetch me the most expensive lawyers in Christendom!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now some clever people have instituted server files for MW2, the game's a lot of fun, tbh. A lot of servers have reigned in the 'Call Of Doody' features. Worth another look, even for those who don't want anything to do with BO.

The best things Treyarch have done are to make it clear they've taken out the silly-shit, arrogant features IW put in, and to bring a bit of a sense of humour to the game. Any Dr. Strangelove-style Cold War humour is much appreciated. The 'Ooh-Rah' po-faced machismo of IW's single-player campaigns always felt as embarrassing as if Arnie had been taking himself seriously in 'Commando.'

http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/11/08/5429838-gun-toting-robbers-steal-100-copies-of-call-of-duty?gt1=43001

As the game-playing world gears up for one of the year's biggest game launches, two men apparently decided they didn't want to have to wait in long lines to get their copies of "Call of Duty: Black Ops" when it hits stores tomorrow.

They also decided they didn't want to have to pay any money for the game.

Instead, they picked up hand guns, held up a Baltimore-area GameStop store and then proceeded to take 100 copies of the much-anticipated first-person shooting game.

The Harford County, Md., sheriff's office told The Baltimore Sun that the Saturday night robbery took place as GameStop employees at a store in the Bel Air shopping center were about to close up shop.

Armed with semi-automatic handguns, the men stole four cases full of "Black Ops" games along with some cash and game systems.

Sheriff's officials said that two customers walked into the store while the robbery was under way. They were forced into a storage area at gunpoint. But neither they nor the employees were injured during the robbery.

Needless to say, the Harford County Sheriff's department would like you Maryland-area residents to give them a ring if anyone offers you a suspiciously sweet early deal on a copy of "Black Ops" (which will retail for $60).

And by the way, this was the second armed robbery of a Harford County GameStop store in less than three weeks. Sheriff's officials seem to think the two incidents just may be related.

I guess they couldn't wait any longer...

Yup, saw that on The Escapist. Bracing for the media to jump all over it. :rolleyes: