Sign in to follow this  
EMERY

Generation kill mod

yea sorry guys i have had some problems with my pc and have not been online for a week or so but the project is still safe and still a "go" thanks to Ruben and his incredible pc tec skills.I will be working hard on the Baghdad map whilst the other mod members work on the hummers,guns and unit's then we still have to get a campaign together i will get a update on everything with the next few days

stay frosty Emz

Thanks for the update Emery. I look forward to seeing further development. Best of luck towards you and your project members.

No need to apologise, Emery. You're the one who's giving the community the mod :) It can take as much time as it needs.

The units are nearing beta status.

Still need to do the wound textures but the base setup of models and textures is done.

Some units really look like they come straight out of the series so I'm pretty happy about that.

Here's a little pic of the Saw gunner(With a M40):

gkwipmg.th.png

Edited by Lennard

I didn't get real into Generation Kill (book or TV show) but...I do have a question. It was set during the beginning of OIF correct? (If I am wrong, please do correct me). Then why do the units I see have the latest SAW pouches (that special forces use mind you).

Just a nit-picky thing. ;).

Ya, it took place during 2003. They were Force Recon though, so that may explain the pouches I guess.

I didn't get real into Generation Kill (book or TV show) but...I do have a question. It was set during the beginning of OIF correct? (If I am wrong, please do correct me). Then why do the units I see have the latest SAW pouches (that special forces use mind you).

Just a nit-picky thing. ;).

Yeah I know but in the series a marine seems to be wearing these saw pouches. Recreating the series has more priority than realism.

Here's the pic so you can see for yourself ;)

wmplayer201005180921173.th.png

Edited by Lennard

myself and ebanks are tackling this map its being a bitch but we are getting there

arma22010-05-1915-33-15-51.jpg

Looks like coming there, more urbanized up abit after a while and we'll have stunner, nice work guys.

Can we have hip fire ability for captain america and his AK? :p

Will you make three versions of Cpl. Garza? In Kevlar helmet, Iraqi helmet and motorbike helmet?:p

mopp gear is a lot baggier and thicker than that. i suggest you do an actual model edit if you're serious about this. otherwise, it's just a run of the mill reskin.

mopp gear is a lot baggier and thicker than that. i suggest you do an actual model edit if you're serious about this. otherwise, it's just a run of the mill reskin.

i suggest you keep you comments to your self

some more pics of the map after i fixed my opx pbo problem:blush

pi333333.jpg

pic33.jpg

pic343434343.jpg

picslololo.jpg

Edited by EMERY

If I may add, the picture in the last post on the previous page features an AH-1Z helicopter. The AH-1W was used in the series, and in reality around that time frame (March 2003). The ACE 2 mod has the AH-1W, if any of you are interested.

If I may add, the picture in the last post on the previous page features an AH-1Z helicopter. The AH-1W was used in the series, and in reality around that time frame (March 2003). The ACE 2 mod has the AH-1W, if any of you are interested.

In that pic i was using the vanilla a2 ah-1 to simply just fly around the map.

Feeling some good rooftop contacts by the looks of those, again getting better each update fellas

i suggest you keep you comments to your self

Come on emery you should be able to react better then that. If you post up pictures of WIP your going to have to get used to taking constructive criticism less to heart. Lets face it MOPP gear is massively baggy compared to a normal set of cams. zachanscom made a legitimate point, your units do need to be a lot baggier to properly represent the characters from the show.

th_needsToBeBaggier.jpg

All though the comment about them being just reskins is harshly honest it is correct. Turn off the diffuse on that unit and lets face it, its the same old unit except with a hood on it, the silhouette it casts just doesn't match up to a proper mopp suit.

If you have the MLODs it should be relatively easy to push the points around and make them appear baggier. The normal map appears to be rather sharp as well, if you toned it down it would give the impression of the material being a lot thicker. The units look great but they can be taken a little bit further.

I'm not trying to start a flame war here because i know how fiercely people can defend there work but some of the best constructive criticism I have ever received has been the harshest, just need to step back some times and look at your work and think is he right? and yes that can be one of the hardest things to do when you have worked on something for so long and are quite proud of it.

Anyway I hope you take this post the right way and I hope it can be helpful.

-sX

Come on emery you should be able to react better then that. If you post up pictures of WIP your going to have to get used to taking constructive criticism less to heart. Lets face it MOPP gear is massively baggy compared to a normal set of cams. zachanscom made a legitimate point, your units do need to be a lot baggier to properly represent the characters from the show.

All though the comment about them being just reskins is harshly honest it is correct. Turn off the diffuse on that unit and lets face it, its the same old unit except with a hood on it, the silhouette it casts just doesn't match up to a proper mopp suit.

If you have the MLODs it should be relatively easy to push the points around and make them appear baggier. The normal map appears to be rather sharp as well, if you toned it down it would give the impression of the material being a lot thicker. The units look great but they can be taken a little bit further.

I'm not trying to start a flame war here because i know how fiercely people can defend there work but some of the best constructive criticism I have ever received has been the harshest, just need to step back some times and look at your work and think is he right? and yes that can be one of the hardest things to do when you have worked on something for so long and are quite proud of it.

Anyway I hope you take this post the right way and I hope it can be helpful.

-sX

I see what you did there.

I have a question

On the city map will there be ditches and hills? or is it just a flat area without diffrent heights?

I mean it looks ok so far but there is almost no landscape cover possible without ditches and stuff.