Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality Development

I'm leaving my SP cave and going MP when this one comes out.

What sort of voice program will be required?

Hot. Damn. :eek:

Awesome news! I can't wait! :D

This mod looks great, will be waiting:bounce3:

This game just gets better and better with everyday that passes.

loved the mod on Bf2

best of luck guys

oh and dont forget the shock paddles :D

Lovely, finally a whole pack of British greatness. :bounce3:

Welcome to the club.

Edited by colossus

<sarcasm>Hope they will be able to add in the bunnyhopping system</sarcasm>... with stamina! ;)

Noted! We will ensure that we get that in there somewhere :)

;)

Sounds excellent already and the video had my jaw dropped from the moment the music score kicked in till the end of the video and then some. Really looking forward to this one! :D

Sounds excellent already and the video had my jaw dropped from the moment the music score kicked in till the end of the video and then some. Really looking forward to this one! :D

Agreed, that video was really impressive.

This sounds very nice indeed. A solid, focused PvP modification is sorely needed in our community, and this fits that bill nicely.

What I really like about the project is that they have a stated goal that they are aiming to achieve. We could learn a thing or two from that approach. The only other mod team that does this in Arma (that I can think of) is Invasion 44; the rest mainly focus on throwing addons together with no real eye on an end state - so hats off to that. The result should be a more limited scope, but also a more refined product.

As for this being completely compatible with other arma modifications, I wouldn't actually half mind if it wasn't: The main thing here is creating an even playing field, where no additional content is needed for play.

But at the end of the day, what makes or breaks this modification will not be the content (we got loads of that already), but the missions provided.

EDIT:

Maybe a mission template for this Devastation business would be a good idea, so people could keep making up missions with that special PR feel.

Edited by Hund

Maybe a mission template for this Devastation business would be a good idea, so people could keep making up missions with that special PR feel.

Yeah pretty sure with Dr.Eyeball & Co the mission(s) will be great. Both in function and design. :)

Thanks for all the comments Guys.

I will not be able to answer every question, and there are a lot already out there, like any announcement really.

Most answers - if interested will probably be answered in time over on the PR Forums, as that's where the Dev's work from.

To answer a few things that have stood out though:

PR ArmA2 - will be a self contained Modification, we looked at the whole ACE2 and CBA angle, and have decided that's not really our intent for what we want to achieve. Yes there will be a loss to the players who only play ACE2 mods etc, however we are not trying to appeal to the masses, we are concentrating on our core "business" - which is Game play & Teamwork.

This may disappoint some of the ArmA2 community - however, we feel our Mod will be fine as a standalone Mod.

I think as a Development team we are up to the task ;) We have been running for 7 years, and have a team of Developers which I think is currently about 50 strong ... with another 30+ PR Contributors. We now have the addition of a small ArmA2 Dev team of about 8 I think, all of which are very good and known around here I am sure .... this I am sure will grow with time (I hope so)

To that end we will be putting a lot of time in on the Game play we currently have running, and developing it further with a lot of Beta Testing first, this will all be done on our own large Afghanistan Map for now.

We also want to work closely with Server Admins, and try to establish well run Teamwork focused Servers, this is an area often neglected by Modifications, and one which we have working well in the BF2 world, as its the server admins and servers who ensure the game is ran as it should be. This in turn leads to a better overall experience for the player

We do not want to be classed as in "competition" with any other Mod out there, having worked for 7 years in Project Reality I kinda know its not good business sense - and we do not work that way. We are merely looking at what the engine can do for us, and what we can do with it.

As mentioned - Yes we do have a goal, we always have had - and its thee one thing the Development team can always turn to (and I can quote to them ...lol). Its again ... good business practice, we all have them at work - and it works in a Development team too.

All of our work - as with PR-BF2, will be high quality - as that is the standard we have set and hope to maintain here too.

I am also a serving member of the British Army (19 years so far), so will be ensuring all models are accurate - the same as PR: BF2.

We are not going to be an add on, with lots of shiny new kit for players to play with - we have a much more structured approach we will be taking.

Our priority at the moment of course is gameplay, this will be a constant WIP - as with PR-BF2. Alongside that, we will incorporate the whole of the British Army, and improve upon our Taliban Faction.

The current Afghan Island will be WIP I think for the next 6 months at least, although its 100% playable now, we will continue to improve it with time.

After that we will start to incorporate other Factions.

At present we have a working version, and have started testing, however we are not totally happy with the game play just yet.

Once again thank you all very much for the comments so far, and the kind welcome to the ArmA2 Community .......... I will ensure to keep you updated as time goes on.

UKF

Edited by Craig.Turner

Great work to everyone involved. Lets hope we don't get any British armchair experts commenting on any inaccuracies that might be present.

Models, textures and terrain look equally top notch and judging by the standard of work, i think a decent pvp and single player experience will be welcome by many, epically from a British point of view.

Eagerly awaiting this!

OK, now YOU MADE MY DAY !!!

Great great news ! Fantastic work, as always.

(But please let it compatible ACE2 !)

Awesome surprise !

As a side note on ACE2, i tested with both running earlier and there were no noticeable problems, might just be me not seeing them but it seemed ok :)

Sounds absolutely fantastic. I'm glad to see the Brits getting proper kit now.

@STALKER, good to hear.