Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

I couldn't find this after searching. I've had an issue lately when I'm testing out different armored units. I create ~20 different types of units as "Empty" and then I want to get in each, drive around & shoot, then try out a different one. For some of them, I get in and it immediately kicks me back out. Get back in, then it kicks me out. Once I tried driving ASAP and as soon as I released it kicked me out. it does this for some vehicles but not all.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by jpinard

does this happen in mp or sp...

in mp some servers ristrict newbies to drive or fly vehicles up to a certain rank...

does this happen in mp or sp...

in mp some servers ristrict newbies to drive or fly vehicles up to a certain rank...

Single Player. I will try and replicate the issue for further clarity. There was a higher ranking officer in the background that I use as a back-up in case I got killed.

@Alex72

when does the Radio Sounds module work for you? I remember I used to hear it all the time and now I haven't heard it in ages. I even made a ticket about it. It's either really quiet or really rare. I'm not even sure if all vehicles are supported. It's a shame really because there are some awesome audio clips (check the pbo) but I never hear them :(

Ive had no chatter either. The subtitles do come up though.

I also cant get the hellfires for the apache to hit their target.

Edited by ckolonko

The chatter we're talking about isn't the normal arma 2 voices. you can change that in your user config. the problem is with the ace module for vehicle radio sounds.

for your issues:

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Missile_Guidance_Improvements+howto#AGM-114%20Hellfire

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Game_Issues#How%20do%20change%20the%20amount%20of%20chatter%20from%20the%20AI?

Edited by AnimalMother92

for some reason i get german text in my game with ace2. could someone please give me english translation of what the modules are (in same order as the game so i can make sense of them_)..

thanks

for some reason i get german text in my game with ace2. could someone please give me english translation of what the modules are (in same order as the game so i can make sense of them_)..

thanks

Are you using some launcher? When I use the AlpineStars the game starts in german oO

Are you using some launcher? When I use the AlpineStars the game starts in german oO

no launcher. i bought the german version of arma2 and use the wipe rlaunguage mod so i can understand it. ace2 somehow forces german for my version (only on some ace units/modules). i'd love to understand the extra modules ace2 brings but cannot understand german.

thanks

image-4F0E_4BB7D45E.jpg

I trust that this is what you're looking for.

When playing maiisions with Revive enabled when getting killed in bildings my dead body falls to ground under building and unable to be detected for revive?

Is this normal?

I trust that this is what you're looking for.

thanks a lot man.

Anyone gets the empty sandbags to work in the latest build? I remembered they were limited to not work when on tarmac (good desicion), but i ran all over the island and couldnt get any action up.

I can't get them to work any where, beaches, dirt, "loose Looking" ground, nada. I thought I was going nuts cause I remember using them before.

I can't get the ACE actionmenu to work when trying to access AI soldiers gear. It tells me that my unit is requesting access and then an accept/decline menu appears. Then it tells me the AI unit is "BUSY".

Not sure if I'm doing it right though, I've just got back from holiday and I'm really tired (and burnt). I'll have a read of the documentation, it may have been updated while I was away.

Anyone gets the empty sandbags to work in the latest build? I remembered they were limited to not work when on tarmac (good desicion), but i ran all over the island and couldnt get any action up.

You need to self-interact. Default key is the "Applications key" next to Windows key.

(Properly integrated, with configurable key, in next update).

thanks

Re why in German; please see at the end, expand language section: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Game_Issues#I've%20got%20Arma2%20in%20language%20X%20with%20an%20english%20language%20mod,%20but%20ACE%20is%20in%20language%20X.%20How%20can%20I%20change%20this?

Edited by Sickboy

Ohh... Thanks SB. :o

Hehe i got a bit surprised when some T-90's i was lasing popped smoke due to it. Very nice and yeah they got away. Bastards. :)

EDIT: Any plans on making the "Enable Radio Sounds" module more audible later in the future? I could hear it when i stand against a vehicle but it has a very short range around it. Its definatelly realistic if the radio is inside an armored one i guess, but for atmosphere i think if the range was a bit further out it would be more immersive.

I remember ECS where i crawled upon a russian roadblock and a UAZ stood parked on the road. The soldiers was standing around the car and i heared the orders/traffic from the radio even from the ditch even though not very loud. Very immersive. Its also very seldom the ACE radio sounds i noticed. I guess its not that easy finding good radio transmissions. Very nice you implemented it however.

Edited by Alex72

Yeah sorry SB. Lots of that going these days. Im everywhere reading everything it seems, but miss the obvious ones where i know i should look...

The chatter we're talking about isn't the normal arma 2 voices. you can change that in your user config. the problem is with the ace module for vehicle radio sounds.

for your issues:

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Missile_Guidance_Improvements+howto#AGM-114%20Hellfire

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Game_Issues#How%20do%20change%20the%20amount%20of%20chatter%20from%20the%20AI?

Cheers AnimalMother Ive already done this for the AI sound but still have no chatter.

^^ Just put 2 forward slashes in front of this entry: #define ACE_NOVOICE located in the userconfig/ACE folder.

So it looks like this: //#define ACE_NOVOICE

You find it in here: x:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE\ace_clientside_config.hpp

Not in the ARMA2/ACE folder, but ARMA2/Userconfig/ACE folder.

Cheers Alex72. I had not been saving the config file before closing it for some reason.

I am still getting "Script x\acex\addons\veh_bmd1\fnc_bmd_init.sqf not found" whenever I start ArmA 2 and any missions with the ACE mod.

Edited by ckolonko

Are there open devheaven tickets for aircraft releasing flares against unguided or radar-guided missiles, even when the engine is off and the plane is empty, for vertical, stationary autorotation being possible without adjusting any controls at all, or readjusting jet pilots blacking out? In a fast plane even a slight increase in altitude can mean sweat dreams, and human gunners in the Su-34 don't spend much time conscious.

Are there open devheaven tickets for aircraft releasing flares against unguided or radar-guided missiles...

What is the Problem there? Do you know how these warning receivers work in RL?

They detect the IR-Radiation of any incoming missles motor/engine upon launch and then fire the flares/chaff.

(Of course in RL and in detail there is a computer taking various factors into account, like G-force, speed, etc. etc. then deciding how much flares/chaff is fired and so on)

So i think its realistic when they fire flares/chaff even when the incoming missle is unguided or radar guided.

...even when the engine is off and the plane is empty,...

This is indeed a problem and deserves a ticket :p