Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

Ok I got a video of the problem. In this mission I could get in and out of the BDRM just fine, but the BMP-3 when I'd hop in as gunner (see video and make sure to watch hi-def so you can see the print) the tank spits me right back out.

I was bored, so I shot at a hovering Blackhawk with the Abrams' 120mm gun. To my surprise, the high damage of the sabot does not cause the helicopter to burst into flames. It goes in one side and out the other, often at a slightly deflected angle, doing as much damage as a three second burst of .50 machinegun fire. You can kill the gunner with it, knock out the tail rotor, or blow the helicopter up by hitting the engine. The HEAT-MP-T results in an instant explosion, while the canister shot does light damage but often kills the pilot or disables the tail rotor.

I'd say ACE's vehicle damage and armor system has really come into its own. Probably my favorite part of the mod.

Of course, there are always tweaks. If you hit the rotor with a sabot, it counts as a normal bullet and nothing happens. (but who shoots APFSDS at a chopper?) I also wish cars wouldn't blow up an burn just because they lost half their health and had tires popped.

I was bored, so I shot at a hovering Blackhawk with the Abrams' 120mm gun. To my surprise, the high damage of the sabot does not cause the helicopter to burst into flames. It goes in one side and out the other, often at a slightly deflected angle, doing as much damage as a three second burst of .50 machinegun fire. You can kill the gunner with it, knock out the tail rotor, or blow the helicopter up by hitting the engine. The HEAT-MP-T results in an instant explosion, while the canister shot does light damage but often kills the pilot or disables the tail rotor.

I'd say ACE's vehicle damage and armor system has really come into its own. Probably my favorite part of the mod.

Of course, there are always tweaks. If you hit the rotor with a sabot, it counts as a normal bullet and nothing happens. (but who shoots APFSDS at a chopper?) I also wish cars wouldn't blow up an burn just because they lost half their health and had tires popped.

Yeah I shot a Sabot at an Mi-8 a few weeks ago while playing Dom. I was pleasantly surprised when it passed right through the cockpit and the helo spun out of control to its demise. Just took the shot on a whim resulting in an awesome moment. Lately I've developed a fetish for downing helos with TOWs though.

Ok I got a video of the problem. In this mission I could get in and out of the BDRM just fine, but the BMP-3 when I'd hop in as gunner (see video and make sure to watch hi-def so you can see the print) the tank spits me right back out.

Did you make a ticket about this? Posting it here will probably most definatelly not change a thing. ;)

Read the Youtube comment - it explains what's going on quite well. ;)

Is that really the cause Homer? That's nuts I've never had that happen. I'm usually group leader though. Good to know though, I'd be bugging if that was happening and I didn't know the deal.

Thanks.

True. If your not the leader your squadleader can kick you out of vehicles. Vanilla A2 thing.

I'm having some trouble downloading the updater.

When launching the last version (v0.8.1) it said unable to start missing msvcrt-ruby18.dll.

So trying to download the newest version and the download just hangs with only 1% left to finish. <= when using DL manager

"SIX_Updater_Suite_v0.9.8_setup(2).exe could not be saved, because the source file could not be read." <= when using Firefox after file has downloaded. This leaves files I can't delete or use!

???

Edited by submdi

When the abrams is hit the driver always says he is out of fuel. Is this a safety feature in the abrams or an error?

I'm having some trouble downloading the updater.

When launching the last version (v0.8.1) it said unable to start missing msvcrt-ruby18.dll.

So trying to download the newest version and the download just hangs with only 1% left to finish. <= when using DL manager

"SIX_Updater_Suite_v0.9.8_setup(2).exe could not be saved, because the source file could not be read." <= when using Firefox after file has downloaded. This leaves files I can't delete or use!

???

Hmmmm, did you uninstall the old version first? Strange no doubt.

Hmmmm, did you uninstall the old version first? Strange no doubt.

Yep, I uninstalled it while I was downloading.

Restarted my PC and tried from a different PC, but still fails.

Bloody must have downloaded it 5 times now. Tried with IE as well since my last post. Gets to the end then says "connection was reset" so download fails right at the end.

Missing out on a good night on the server at the moment with about 15 in-game.

Oh well, have to go play on a different server full of randoms and probably no TS or team work.

what is now the recommended 'realistic' setting for friendly/enemy precision if you use ACE + Zeus AI?

I've read at least three recommendations (but never knew if those settings are meant for using ACE + Zeus) and they're ranging from 0.2 to 1 :)...so a little guidance would be helpful.

And thanks for that great mod!

Edited by hawk66de

When the abrams is hit the driver always says he is out of fuel. Is this a safety feature in the abrams or an error?

Sometimes the fuel tank gets hit and the fuel leaks, this causes the tank to run out of fuel. (Yes, it's a feature)

Yep, I uninstalled it while I was downloading.

Restarted my PC and tried from a different PC, but still fails.

Bloody must have downloaded it 5 times now. Tried with IE as well since my last post. Gets to the end then says "connection was reset" so download fails right at the end.

Missing out on a good night on the server at the moment with about 15 in-game.

Oh well, have to go play on a different server full of randoms and probably no TS or team work.

I just had the same problem while updating. You need to re-sync at the Six Updater site. Use the new six GUI to connect to the site and re-sync the execute using the Presets you normally do.

I can now use the Six Console and I don't get the error anymore.

I've got a slight problem. In the latest version of ACE2 there's now an "interact with self" option bound to the right application key (inbetween right windows and right CTRL).

I play off the numpad side of the keyboard and have re-bound quite a few ACE2 keys in the userconfig key file, no probs. Only thing is this new option isn't listed in there so therefore I don't have the option to re-bind it to another key.

I use the right application key for sprinting and so atm it's unusable to me. Can anyone please help? Is there a way I can have my right application key back?

Thank You.

I've got a slight problem. In the latest version of ACE2 there's now an "interact with self" option bound to the right application key (inbetween right windows and right CTRL).

I play off the numpad side of the keyboard and have re-bound quite a few ACE2 keys in the userconfig key file, no probs. Only thing is this new option isn't listed in there so therefore I don't have the option to re-bind it to another key.

I use the right application key for sprinting and so atm it's unusable to me. Can anyone please help? Is there a way I can have my right application key back?

Thank You.

Not yet. You'll have to re-bind the sprint key for now or not use that menu. I think SB mentioned something about it a few pages back, can't remember if someone said it will be in the next update or not.

Excuse my ignorance but I am new too ACE2 and am having a few difficulties. First of all - stonking AI ! - awesome, too hard, but awesome all the same.

I would like too try out the Kestrel in conjunction with a Laser rangefinder , but I need to equip myself with them. How do I get to a 'gear' or 'rucksack' screen in the editor - I just cant work it out.

What he said OR, put a unit in the editor (yourself) then put another: Empty => AE Ammo => MagicBox. Will take a time to "load", but this box searches for all weapons\equips that you have installed.

Should be there.

_________

What happen when you use MAgicBox in a Dedicated server? If client weapon =\= server weapons, it will crash?

hey i tried to update and i got an error with some ddll. i dont know why. i have latest version. Can someone help me? pls

On the previous page there is a poster with the same problem. Please back track a couple of pages to see if the same problem has been posted. This way we save some space and wont have to go through the same questions and answers over and over.

Your answer is on the page before this one.

EDIT: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1602904&postcount=839

On the previous page there is a poster with the same problem. Please back track a couple of pages to see if the same problem has been posted. This way we save some space and wont have to go through the same questions and answers over and over.

Your answer is on the page before this one.

EDIT: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1602904&postcount=839

sorry but i get no answer out of this post.

Mind sharing some information with us to what youve tried so far? Did you re-sync and/or download the latest SixUpdater?