Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

A problem with the six updater GUI has just appeared for me. I keep getting a error that reads the following,

"The program can't start because msvcrt-ruby18.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program toi fix this problem". I have not changed anything on my side and I have tried reinstalling six updater with no luck....any help???!?!?!??

Do you have the most recent Six Updater?

EDIT:

Damn Sickboy was faster!

I had the same issue after it auto-updated so i had to completely re-install my six updater.

I hope in future versions the need for a full de-install and then re-install could be avoided and that updates work with older versions before they are released.

Still nice work though, nice new features :-)

Maturin - that is the Milliradi - or in other words heading you were at. A 360 degree arc is divided into 6400 milliradians - used for gunnery and astronomy.

On another note, anyone know how to use the Nuke ?

^^ Oh cmon read the ACE features list. This has been asked a million times and its all black on white since day 1.

You will learn a lot from reading it. Where is it? Like everything else - first post.

@mr.g-c; obviously where possible that is taken care of.

It was mentioned in the notes though; http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/news

Problem is it's sometimes a mine field to make things work and interact together, especially across different windows with different security features :P

There's a possibility for fix, however the new features required new binaries anyway.

More polish and improvements hopefully in next weeks towards SUS 1.0.

With SUS hooked up to Gamespy now, you're sort of plugged into the arma multiplayer world.

I guess the next steps should be adding more popular mods :)

Edited by Sickboy

Thanks for the tip that worked!!:bounce3:

Select a preset. put your mouse pointer (click) in the empty preset field, it should give you the list.

If not, you might have to synchronize, altough that should happen automatically.

double check yer firewall? http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater_Suite+Documentation#Firewalls,%20ports%20and%20security/antivirus

Did you try the functions that come in the @ACE\store folder. There's some useful stuff in there

Edited by Manzilla

The update screwed up the bagpack system again, here. Can anyone confirm this?

Alex, this is what the official site says..

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Nuclear_Weapons . No instructions for use - easy instructions that is.

Oh for crying out loud....

I left the ACE team before the switchover of documentation from wiki to wagn. It used to be a fairly well-formatted work vs the jumble of words it is now. Small surprise it's hard to comprehend. It's nothing to be proud of, yet there my name is on this piece of crap.

ACE - just because I wrote the original documentation for most of your ArmA2 work does not mean I wrote the wagn card. You conveniently forget to mention who, on their own, found a major bug in your sys_wounds system that screwed up respawn handlers for you after months of denying the problem. Yet use my name on things I never did. If you must plagerize, at least learn to format it in a legible fashion.

Edited by Evil_Echo

The update screwed up the bagpack system again, here. Can anyone confirm this?

Boy that really helps me test for the issue. What exactly do you mean by "screwed up" exactly. I don't have any problems in my missions thus far that I've noticed.

Well, I still can't download the new updater.

Even from the second link, it hangs right at the end 99% complete.

fail.jpg

Downloads normally and quick, right to the end, but then doesn't finish.:(

I saw someone on a previous page has mentioned the same issue, so it's not an isolated problem.

If resume was enabled it might work, and I wouldn't have downloaded shitloads of useless data.

Edited by submdi

i use the GUI version of the 6 Updater to keep abreast with the ACE2 updates. However, i can't for the life of me figure out how to add any other mod or island to the list it updates when i run it.

AND, i found out only today that SickBoy is not 'allowed' to receive private messages :o

To save me some embarassment could someone contact me via private message to give me a hand?

If this request violates any forum rule I hereby withdraw my request and this post. ;)

peace.

Edited by dondaddah
typeo

I have to agree, stuff were much easier to find in the wiki format. The dev-heaven system might have potential, but with the way it is not it's a total mess and nearly impossible to find anything useful, even if the information is actually there somewhere.

How would I go about binding my keys so I don't have to hold the interaction key, just tap it? It's a mess right now. Holding my left windows key results in my FPS going from 60 down to 10. And trying to examine a unit results in the hint "ding" noise being spammed because you have to hold down the key! :mad:

I have to agree, stuff were much easier to find in the wiki format. The dev-heaven system might have potential, but with the way it is not it's a total mess and nearly impossible to find anything useful, even if the information is actually there somewhere.

I don't think it's so bad. There isn't really a centralized, branching organization of the pages, so it can be confusing when you're trying to find someplace to start, but there is a search function. And it works, whereas wikia searches are god-awful as a rule.

Edit: And does ACE do much to change the operation of the static Mk. 19? The grenades come out of the barrel sideways, which looks hilarious.

Also, none of crew in the GMV seem to be able to fire those smoke grenade canisters, and its AI gunners don't realize that they can reload their M240s and Mk. 19.

Edited by maturin

Not yet. You'll have to re-bind the sprint key for now or not use that menu. I think SB mentioned something about it a few pages back, can't remember if someone said it will be in the next update or not.

Thanks Manzilla. Yes hopefully they'll give me the option in the next update. Sux to be unorthodox but just can't get used the k/b the normal way :bigglasses:

Running Six updater V0.9.10 and getting message MSVCRT_RUBY18.DLL not install on your computer try re-installing??

A follow up - Downloading, renaming the directory and Re-installing did the trick, even kept same config :-)

Edited by Wastelander

I have the same problem. :eek:

It seems that the package have version 191 already, but somebody forgot to update the program to this version and took an old one.

I dont understand, why they have to make an upgrade every day ... why they cannot make an upgrade every 1-2 weeks. Small fixed cannot be so important to waste traffic and time such often ...

Oh for crying out loud....

I left the ACE team before the switchover of documentation from wiki to wagn. It used to be a fairly well-formatted work vs the jumble of words it is now. Small surprise it's hard to comprehend. It's nothing to be proud of, yet there my name is on this piece of crap.

ACE - just because I wrote the original documentation for most of your ArmA2 work does not mean I wrote the wagn card. You conveniently forget to mention who, on their own, found a major bug in your sys_wounds system that screwed up respawn handlers for you after months of denying the problem. Yet use my name on things I never did. If you must plagerize, at least learn to format it in a legible fashion.

On the feature cards, author is the persons who coded/created the feature, not who created the content of the card.

For what it's worth, I'm working, albeit slowly, on making more comprehensible documentation for features.