Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

Me to :).

I got a Q about the Jav if i load it and look through scope all I see is the reticle but looking at mando missile thread he has loads of options around the out side of the screen?.

Do I need mando missile thingy installed or am I missing some thing?.

Cheers

I think it looks pretty much the same. I guess I never figured out which one I was using. I believe if you don't have MMA it should still have the functions.

I swear the old WIKI had the info on it but I can't find it in the features section of the WAGN.

This may sound like a dumb question but I'm serious, you do have the Javelin loaded, right? I couldn't get anything to happen at first but then I realized it wasn't loaded. Doh!!!

EDIT:

Oh s*^t! I never saw this before!

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/M224

Can't wait for this to get developed.

Edited by Manzilla

Hi thanks for the reply, yes I have Javaline loaded I can fire it but like I said im unable to get the options on the side like in the Mando thread has on his screen shots.

Maybe ace dont have them options and I do actualy have to install Mando?.

Hmm does HuntIR not work at the moment? I have a monitor in my gear, and I can fire up a HuntIR round and it deploys its little parachute, but I don't see any action to use the monitor.

Hi there this may sound silly but you did actualy pick up a monitor as well?.

I have no troubles with it. Sometimes I get duds when I fire, did you try 2?

EDIT:

Yup, you are right. I shot one up, it deployed but there's no action menu option to use Monitor. I have it equipped. It was working last week.

EDIT 2

It does work. You need to use the Apps key, i.e. the interact with self menu. Check the ace_key.hpp if you don't have one cause you can reassign the key there.

I like this much better. Now get the Kestral action outta the action menu too. It's already in the interaction self menu.

Edited by Manzilla

Hey stk, I think I know what you mean--the different lights/modes, sounds and the animated crosshair that shrinks and locks on, right? Yeah you'll need to download and run mando's addon in order to get it (there's a pbo that automatically runs it otherwise you'll have to place the modules in the editor manually to get it to work in your missions).

Yes, I definitely have a monitor, it's in the bottom section with the map, GPS etc

I have tried two up at once but I never get an action to use the monitor.

Yes, I definitely have a monitor, it's in the bottom section with the map, GPS etc

I have tried two up at once but I never get an action to use the monitor.

I got it to work after all.

You need to use the Apps key, i.e. the interact with self menu. Check the ace_key.hpp if you don't have one cause you can reassign the key there.

I like this much better. Now get the Kestral action outta the action menu too. It's already in the interaction self menu.

Superb updates!

Epic updates!

Thank you ACE team.

Edited by Alex72

I'm now getting an error from ruby.exe.

"Unable to Locate Component

This application has failed to start because msvcrt-ruby18.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I've not reinstalled yet (waiting to see if theres a quicker and easier way by posting here).

However, I updated ACE last night about 10pm GMT+0 and all was working fine...

I'm now getting an error from ruby.exe.

"Unable to Locate Component

This application has failed to start because msvcrt-ruby18.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I've not reinstalled yet (waiting to see if theres a quicker and easier way by posting here).

However, I updated ACE last night about 10pm GMT+0 and all was working fine...

Please use the "Search this Thread" feature just below the page numbers on the upper-right of the thread.

http://forums.bistudio.com/search.php?searchid=847630

Basically just update the Six Updater but if you need more help check the link above. These posts involve the error.

Good luck.

Please use the "Search this Thread" feature...

Good luck.

Yeah I'll give it a go mate. Thanks for the help.

And sorry for not using the Search feature.

EDIT: Worked.

Edited by 22ndAndy

Checked the thread, but I seem to be the only one with this problem: Upon updating, ACE dutifully notifies me that my clientside config is out of date. However, the userconfig folder inside the @ACE folder is empty. I´ve updated multiple times, placed the old files in there, added an extra ACE folder inside the userconfig folder and removed the userconfig folder entirely to see if it would notice and generate a new folder with the new config.hpps in it.

However, this isn´t the case. Is there any other way to get my hands on a v.335 user config?

Thanks in advance for the Help

Insta

Userconfigs are in the Store.7z or rar (dunno), inside @ACE folder. Just unpack it.

I always delete old userconfigs before updating. It seems to ignore existing files even though it should update them. But this is not your problem.. Sixupdater should generate new files if they are missing. At least for me it works. Maybe try removing whole ACE mod and then re-downloading it?

Userconfigs are in the Store.7z or rar (dunno), inside @ACE folder. Just unpack it.

Aaaaah, revelation! Thank you, I didn´t think to check those.

Nevermind my post! Otherwise, great job, ACE team. It´s getting better and better with every update!

Cheers

I've allready asked the question, just for another opinion - does the improved ACE AI apply to all vanilla units not just the AE ones.

Do the new sounds apply to the vanilla ones too ? cheers...

The AI tweaks apply to it all and the sounds apply to most. Things left out is the gear sounds (when walking) and a few others. But all in all - yes it apllies to everything.

Like i said before.

And for the record - someone did some tests and it seems ACE maybe take 5FPS from you compared to vanilla. So now you know.

Edited by Alex72

I've allready asked the question, just for another opinion - does the improved ACE AI apply to all vanilla units not just the AE ones.

Do the new sounds apply to the vanilla ones too ? cheers...

Yes and yes:yay:

I always delete old userconfigs before updating. It seems to ignore existing files even though it should update them. But this is not your problem.. Sixupdater should generate new files if they are missing. At least for me it works. Maybe try removing whole ACE mod and then re-downloading it?

arma 2\Userconfig\ACE files are by design not overwritten, unless you pick "Userconfig" action explicitly (existing files are backuped to ACE_{unixtime}).

what does the function 'cleanup' in Six-Updater /Actions do ?

is it for deleting old files which aren't of use anymore in order to get the ace-mod-folders more lean / less fat ? or does it mean: deleting all ace-folders (but for that we have the action 'uninstall', hmmm)

keep up the great work, guys :)

EDIT: just found in wagn: "-c, --cleanup Cleans up the modfolders git repositories" - but what does this mean exactly ?

Edited by langgis08

@Sickboy...I guess there is some sort of mix up in the mirrors. Six updater rolled ACEX back to 218 and CBA back to 91 and ACE to 330

Probably the mirror are not updated.

Can you plz check them ..

Edited by Cross

We're getting a server mismatch. It shows the server has an older version even though we updated our server. We can't seem to figure out the problem. We updated yesterday and now the annoying "ding". Server shows 334 and we've all updated to 335. Any help? We've already just deleted everything and re-uploaded all pbo's. :confused: