Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

Old userconfig files. You need to check them after every update, if required. The DL to @ACE\store\userconfig.rar. You then need to copy and paste. If they updated to the real folder you'd lose any changes everytime and have no reference for faster updating.

Six updater also have an option to update them automatically, choose process userconfigs in action.

Six updater also have an option to update them, choose process userconfigs in action.

Never tried that.

Try manually.

Thank you! I've updated my userconfig but i still have the rangefinder problem... http://i41.tinypic.com/54gjra.jpg unless something changed it should say the range but it doesnt :(

edit: Solved, after checking the new keys.hpp it seems that now its requires to "toggle power" by pressing R, this wasnt required last time i used it, sorry for my noobness :rolleyes:

Edited by nocturna

Liam!!! I did look through a few pages in the old thread(s) but tbh, spending a day going through 100+ pages of posts looking for a question that may or may not have been anwered isn't my cup of tea... :P
(Bold by me)

Yeah... that seems to be your style. Wont get you far around here. There is a "search button" wich let you find what your looking for wich Manzilla told you about. Not your first "rebel" post. Not moderating im just telling you it looks bad. People wont help you out in the end.

OnTopic:

Thanks ACE team for yet another update. :) Time to check it out.

I've been playing with ACE2 and using Six Updater for awhile now...my problem is that I updated @ACE to 332 but it's still showing 330 when joining a game. So I go to Six Updater again and it is showing 332 so I cannot redo the patch.

My Question...how/or where can I download the 103Mb file by itself or fix this problem?

Edited by Cogar69

I've been playing with ACE2 and using Six Updater for awhile now...my problem is that I updated @ACE to 332 but it's still showing 330 when joining a game. So I go to Six Updater again and it is showing 332 so I cannot redo the patch.

My Question...how/or where can I download the 103Mb file by itself or fix this problem?

Clean your virtual store and run the software as administrator

http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater_Suite+FAQ#Updater%20says%20latest%20version%20is%20installed,%20but%20version%20ingame%20is%20lower

Since the latest update via Six Updater I get the missing Sound ACE_Heartbeatscalar too. I've updated my configs appropriately. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks Sickboy et al, update to 332 has fixed it.

Thanks champ for the quick reply!

I looked at all 3 scenarios at Micro$oft but none of them applied to me so I deleted @ACE and started again. Ran updater in Administrator mode and all is well. Thanks again!

How does ACE affect framerates - 5 fps hit ?

In my case, none at all... same (bad) FPS as Vanilla Arma2 :)

And for those 5-ish FPS you loose you get 1GB of pure gold. :)

Hiya,

I have bought Steam ArmA 2 a week a go (Love it!) and I have a question about installing this mod.

Where do I install the ACE mod? When I downloaded it I got a message that the ArmA 2 files could not be found and that I had to select it manually. Do I install the mod in the main ArmA 2 folder?

(C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2)

Sorry for the n00b question :P

I got the blue actions "Use Bandage", "Use Morphine" and also a normal colored action "Heal Alex72". Is that normal? Im not a medic i might mention.

Saw this in the ACE Wagn:

•In SP when wounding is enabled an action gets added to wounded units so that AI units != medics can heal other units too (only available for non medics, they still do their job alone),

Ok then i think i get it. I never properly understood the Winkey action menu if it was supposed to be removed eventuall and this is a step because of that?

Edited by Alex72

Hiya,

I have bought Steam ArmA 2 a week a go (Love it!) and I have a question about installing this mod.

Where do I install the ACE mod? When I downloaded it I got a message that the ArmA 2 files could not be found and that I had to select it manually. Do I install the mod in the main ArmA 2 folder?

(C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2)

Sorry for the n00b question :P

Check the first post please. There's an FAQ there and check this site(the main ACE2 documentation site).

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Documentation

I don't have steam so I can't offer the answer directly. I'm not sure others will either since it's been discussed a ton of times already in the 3 ACE2 threads.

Use the "search this thread" feature just below the page number on the upper right of each thread to quickly search for your answer. It's by far the quickest way to get an answer around these forums and it's the most useful thing about it.

Good luck, welcome and enjoy.

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

I got the blue actions "Use Bandage", "Use Morphine" and also a normal colored action "Heal Alex72". Is that normal? Im not a medic i might mention.

Saw this in the ACE Wagn:

Ok then i think i get it. I never properly understood the Winkey action menu if it was supposed to be removed eventuall and this is a step because of that?

Nah the winkey is still there but it's upgraded. The interaction menu works for healing in SP but also so does the new option.

Thanks for that WAGN entry, I never realized that was in regards to this. God I'm an idiot sometimes. ;)

I am a server admin and I have a couple of questions concerning the Six Updater program.

1. What does the action "process keys" do? I am hoping it will manage the server keys for me but I can't find this mentioned anywhere.

2. I'm a little confused about the setting "select an override server". I am assuming one could choose a server and have Six Updater update my client mod to the chosen server? Also, how does one get their server listed here?

Didnt the M1's have range system? Maybe i dreamt that i lased (ranged) with a button and then shot the MG, main gun and hit where i aimed. Or maybe i mix it up with VBS2... I do think ACE had an action menu feature though?

Argh I guess it was a dream or mixup. :)

EDIT: Ohh just remembered. The "Enable Radio Sounds" module should make vehicles radios sound right? I havent heared anything from a vehicle yet. Is it inside only or can it be heared slightly outside as well? Anyone knows?

Edited by Alex72

Just picked up Pcgamer uk edition and right at the back of magazine it gave a quick review of 1.5 patch and the EW campaign but also gave a better review of Ace2 mod.....Well done Ace devs.

Scans please! :)

That sounds great though. Go ARMA and go ACE!!

Hi,

Loving ACE so far.

the only problem is im getting an error message saying Script x\acex\addons\veh_bmd1\fnc_bmd_init.sqf not found.

any help?

Edited by ckolonko

FCS = TAB (i knew that. Just confused after VBS2'ing). :)

Enable Radio Sounds = Works! However its very very low in volume so thats how i missed it i guess.

Just picked up Pcgamer uk edition and right at the back of magazine it gave a quick review of 1.5 patch and the EW campaign but also gave a better review of Ace2 mod.....Well done Ace devs.

No doubt. It's about time there's a review. Bravo fellas!