Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

The devs rarely seem to update the documentation immediately after every update, so I didn't think to check. The key binding page says that a BI glitch may swap your windows keys, so a recent update must have set it off on my computer.

Would something bad happen if I set both Windows keys to Undefined? I don't play with the wounding module much, so I don't have much use for Interact.

I have heard about this window key, 3 keyboards and 3 fresh installs later and i have yet to see this mythical windows key work in game.

i gave up trying to make it work.

The current situation with the win-L key is just temporary: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/9836

Re kdjac; key assignments other than the current win-l bound to interact menu, should work just fine. The file that needs to be changed is in ArmA 2\userconfig\ace, otherwise a report with arma2.rpt and repro steps should hopefully shed some light on the issue.http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

The current situation with the win-L key is just temporary: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/9836

Re kdjac; key assignments other than the current win-l bound to interact menu, should work just fine. The file that needs to be changed is in ArmA 2\userconfig\ace, otherwise a report with arma2.rpt and repro steps should hopefully shed some light on the issue.http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

I got mine working by changing it from the right to left windows key......since I don't have a right one on my M1730.

Excuse me for the offtopic, but what is those MLODs?

Unbinarised (thus editable) models released for all ArmA1 content as a starting point for user mods (under certain terms & conditions). The same has not happened for ArmA2 (at least not yet).

Unbinarised (thus editable) models released for all ArmA1 content as a starting point for user mods (under certain terms & conditions). The same has not happened for ArmA2 (at least not yet).

I'm going to have to google most of what he just said.

I have heard about this window key, 3 keyboards and 3 fresh installs later and i have yet to see this mythical windows key work in game.

Just go here:

X:\...\ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE\ace_keys.hpp

open with notepad,

Scroll to this section:

};

class ace_sys_interaction {

class Interaction_Menu {

key = 219; // win l

shift = 0;

}

and change from 220 to 219 like this example.

Makes your Left windows key work.

Try it next to a soldier in game - works for me.

Good luck

The devs rarely seem to update the documentation immediately after every update, so I didn't think to check. The key binding page says that a BI glitch may swap your windows keys, so a recent update must have set it off on my computer.

The person that wrote most of the documentation left the ACE team 2 weeks ago. Aside from the automated stuff like dynamic class lists, new documentation is likely to come out far slower than before.

Search is your friend, my friend.

Sorry guys, I should've been clearer. Yes search for what ron533 posted, I figured directing people to the ace_keys.hpp would speak for itself. To people still having trouble with the windows keys(left or right) on your keyboard, the best thing to do is simply change the "interaction"(listed by ron533). You can change it to what ever you want. Just check the key list at the end of the ace_keys.hpp and pick a key that you do have, then just change the interaction key number from 220 to the number listed for the free key you select. Just make sure you unassign that key and assign a replace in the Options-> Controls menu in-game or the existing action/control will clash with the new interaction key you chose.

Good luck.

Indeed a very good ideia. Already created a ticket at DevHeaven about this?

I haven't created a ticket. If you know how and don't mind doing it then go right ahead.

Thanks.

Thanks for the clarification. Can we expect those after OA release?

I haven't created a ticket. If you know how and don't mind doing it then go right ahead.

Thanks.

Just created: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/9860

To do next time just go @ACE2-Dev Heaven, create an account and submit the ticcket at Issues section (be sure to do some Searches after).

Anyone else had this glitch:

When a unit marked Playable dies, your current unit is blinded by a sudden flash of golden light that takes several seconds to fade.

Honestly, it looks so cool it hasn't really started to bother me yet. I thought it was some sort of whacked battlefield blindness effect. :P

@ACE2 team

I am very happy with the changes made to the interaction menu. It shows up a lot quicker and disappears even quicker. (No lag) And it is not so intrusive on the screen like the old menu. Very good change!

Actually, we tend to, since the Wagn, however, the interaction-key situation is temporary, as explained in the ticket and release notes. Edited by Sickboy

hey guys, great work with this mod!

but i have a serious problem:

the interaction menu doesn't work, and it leaves the possibility to treat wounds and sharing mags with friends.

How i can resolve it?

Thanks Sickboy, I haven't read the update changelog x(

Is there a way to disable blueforce tracker in the init or some way other than config files? I'm making missions where it's important that the player doesn't know where other units are.

Sorry sick I'm pretty much a noob.

Would I put:

if (isServer) then {

ace_sys_tracking_markers_enabled = false;

publicVariable "ace_sys_tracking_markers_enabled";

};

in the init.sqf? If not could you tell me where to put it?

Sickboy or anyone for that matter, the interaction key ok is fine but it will not map to any of my other keys it stays at my left windows all the time, a few members of the 10th SFG have no function with the window keys and when they remap the keys in the config it still wont recognise the key they mapped it to.

I was wondering has anyone else had this problem or is there a ticket already up that i havent seen (i check regulary but i do miss some stuff they act upon quickly).

Cheers for the hard work lads,

UKMERC [10th SFG]

Man im an idiot :P i forgot to look at the notes doh. cheers for the quick response though sick on the ball as always.

Is there any idea of when a fix will be done as some of our members cant really take part in our ACE specific missions due to needing the interaction menu for the medic system. but i admit i do like the new menu good job

Hopefully next update. Hold Win-L key should work fine for all your members though.

yeah ill get them to try again, but thanks again sickboy.

There is a bug with the bagpacks, you cant see the stuff inside after putting more than 2 diffrent things inside.