Sign in to follow this  
sick1

SEAL Team Six

I still cant start this campaign. It freezes Arma II just when I start the campaign.

-ArmaII v 1.05

-SixTEAM (ACE) 1.3

-ACE 2 full updated

-Island Panhera 2.31

-BB units v5

I'm using this shortcut parameters:

-noSplash -window -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@Panthera;@BB

the SEALTEAMSIX(ACE)_cmp.pbo file is in the C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Campaigns folder

the BB addon files are in the root arma folder named @BB

the panthera island is in the root arma folder named @Panthera

Please help me!!! ACE2 is working fine (eccept for the radio voices not playing) on the other missions!!!

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Ok... I did a stupid error... I didn't placed the BB files in @BB\addons folder :mad:

Now it's working fine (I'm trying to figure how to make radio voices to work)

Exuse me :(

Go into your Arma2/Userconfig/Ace

and open up ace_clientside_config and at the very top you'll see

#define ACE_NOVOICE

change that to

//#define ACE_NOVOICE

..and you'll get your voices back.

Well I've just started, and restarted and restarted STS3 and I get so far in the campaign, I thought it was saved, and then when I restart ARMA2 I have to start from the very beginning again. Frustrated!!!!

Also another curious bug... In the gear screen at startup I have a whole shitload of weapons to choose from but with no description in the lower left box. At the ammo dump before the training camp I have limited weapons (cool) but when I click on one I get a description of what kind of class/caliber that weapon is.

I have all the required addons, obviously. Could it be that I am running CBA with them as well??? Anyways not being able to resume my saved games really sucks. I'll remove the CBA modfolder and see what happens.

Thanks in advance

Well I've just started, and restarted and restarted STS3 and I get so far in the campaign, I thought it was saved, and then when I restart ARMA2 I have to start from the very beginning again. Frustrated!!!!

Well , this isnt necessary, the following cheats require you to hold [Left Shift] down and then press the [Numpad - (minus)] button. Then let go and type the appropriate cheat code (capitalization doesn't matter). Nothing is displayed as you type however the key strokes are being recorded.

ENDMISSION 
Ends the mission. 

CAMPAIGN 
Unlocks all campaign missions (This must be entered in the appropriate campaign screen you want unlocked. Unlocking one campaign will result in other campaigns that are unlocked to be re-locked.) 

MISSIONS 
Unlocks all single player missions (This must be entered in the appropriate single missions screen.) 

SAVEGAME 
Saves the game in your current mission. Can be useful as a quicksave function. 

TOPOGRAPHY 
Generates a map in EMF vector format. The file is always created at the root directory of the C: drive. The output file is generated when the map is next viewed in game. German Users: Enter TOPOGRAPHZ instead. 

GETALLGEAR 
Unlocks all Armory items. 

FLUSH 
Flush all video memory to cure performance issue caused by textures being placed in the AGP memory 

FREEZE 
Instantaneous "freezing" the game. For debugging of freeze dump creation process. 

CRASH 
Forced game crash. For debugging of crash dump creation process.

Is there a way to run your campaign on a dedicated server?

I've used GL4 with your non-ACE ST6 mission 2 version and my squad is getting shelled to tiny bits of manure within 200 meters of the artillery camp.

Those howitzers would have to be pointing up at about 85 degrees (correct me if I'm wrong) in order to do that.

Is this what you intended in your campaign?

Should I go into the GL4 configs and play with the things so I don't get wiped off the face of the earth?

If so, then I will have to address this issue in the GL4 thread and get some pointers on how to set the Artillery scripts.

When not using GL4, I usually die the usual death: recklessness.

Your thoughts?

Here is the GL4 Artillery script:

// GL4 Enemy A.I. Artillery:

// ==============================================================

// Choose if enemy A.I. should be able to request artillery after a target was spotted.

// True / False, default is True

// GL4_Global set [6, False];

// Enemy A.I. Artillery Chance:

// Choose the chance of how enemy A.I. should be able to request artillery.

// 0 - 100, Default is 50%

// GL4_Global set [7, 50];

// Enemy A.I. Artillery Ammo:

// Choose the type of ammo which artillery should use.

// Available ammo classes: "Sh_105_HE", "Sh_120_HE", "Sh_120_SABOT", "Sh_122_HE", "Sh_125_HE", "Sh_125_SABOT", "Bomb", "Grenade"

// Default is "Sh_125_HE"

// GL4_Global set [8, "Sh_122_HE"];

So, what would you change in this and where to make things interesting for both parties? As a modder, what are your intentions?

Again, thanks so much for great entertainment.............

Well , this isnt necessary, the following cheats require you to hold [Left Shift] down and then press the [Numpad - (minus)] button. Then let go and type the appropriate cheat code (capitalization doesn't matter). Nothing is displayed as you type however the key strokes are being recorded.

ENDMISSION 
Ends the mission. 

CAMPAIGN 
Unlocks all campaign missions (This must be entered in the appropriate campaign screen you want unlocked. Unlocking one campaign will result in other campaigns that are unlocked to be re-locked.) 

MISSIONS 
Unlocks all single player missions (This must be entered in the appropriate single missions screen.) 

SAVEGAME 
Saves the game in your current mission. Can be useful as a quicksave function. 

TOPOGRAPHY 
Generates a map in EMF vector format. The file is always created at the root directory of the C: drive. The output file is generated when the map is next viewed in game. German Users: Enter TOPOGRAPHZ instead. 

GETALLGEAR 
Unlocks all Armory items. 

FLUSH 
Flush all video memory to cure performance issue caused by textures being placed in the AGP memory 

FREEZE 
Instantaneous "freezing" the game. For debugging of freeze dump creation process. 

CRASH 
Forced game crash. For debugging of crash dump creation process.

I have a dedicated game server and we have no way of saving during the porgress of our mission in COOP until I read this thread. I have used the savegame command but how would I revert to a previous save? I have tried revert but that did not work.

Have your SEAL team 6 campaign [ACE2 version] and it is outstanding. I can find no faults at all, well I get shot a fair bit [where is that damn medic].

Thanks for taking the time and effort in bringing a great campaign to the community.

cheers........................eccles:)

Here is an update, SEAL Team Six 4 is 80 percent complete. It will feature full cut scenes and complete voice overs. This campaign will be the best user made to date. I know these are bold statements, but if you know my work, you know that I put everything in to anything i make. I'm hoping to release it in a few weeks. This will set a new standard for user made campaigns. Look for SEAL TEAM Six 4 in the next few weeks. :yay:

Here is an update, SEAL Team Six 4 is 80 percent complete. It will feature full cut scenes and complete voice overs. This campaign will be the best user made to date. I know these are bold statements, but if you know my work, you know that I put everything in to anything i make. I'm hoping to release it in a few weeks. This will set a new standard for user made campaigns. Look for SEAL TEAM Six 4 in the next few weeks. :yay:

Nice to hear this and looking forward to its release, but i have some problems with the other campaigns :(

first of all i installed the ACE 2 perfectly and everything works without a bug, afterwords i combined it with GL4 special FX Edition also working perfectly fine as far as i can see.

Then for your campaigns the maps panthera and the other one to, because "they are just so nice" and those units i need to play your campaigns, after that i played with them to see if it was working correctly everything fine no bugs for 3 hours.

After installing your campaigns i get errors in the first and the last campaign both on first missions directly, i guess it says no variable expresion ..... maybe i can print screen it best to make it more clear but then i need to pull up my ress a little bigger, because its tiny to see the errors. i play the game on 3 kwarts of high settings, there for my rig can match it withour problems even with the mods.

The second Campaign i have only at the start of the first mission a mag/weapon malfunction, best to prinstcreen that to i guess because im now answering this with my own background info, i'm at work ^^

altough i can play the campaigns fine in a stange way, its just strange i get these errors. Not only strange its just anoying that i get those errors it breaks the campaigns feeling and thats sad ...

Did i forget something to install correctly on the mods that some scripts are not working correctly on your camapaign or something ?

And what with that mag malfunction thats missing on the second campaigns first mission. Maybe i need to install that weapon series to but if i can read correctly i dont need them on the ace 2 is it?

would be nice if i get rid of those buggy errors :rolleyes: "not that it is because of a bad campaign making ;-) i'm a fan of your work :p" its just anoying thats all i just dont know whats the cause of it or is it because i installed the campaigns under @CMPN - Campaigns ? do i need to put Campaigns in the root directory of Arma II it selves or will that no make any deffernace?

maybe its something in my user config of or GL4 or Ace 2 but i installed it every step of the way of the book and i only get this errors on this campaigns so i dont understand realy what im doing wrong at this point :s

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

Go into your Arma2/Userconfig/Ace

and open up ace_clientside_config and at the very top you'll see

#define ACE_NOVOICE

change that to

//#define ACE_NOVOICE

..and you'll get your voices back.

this is quit interesting ^^ thats what i was guessing at how to make it back to work, now i try it tonight when i come home from work :p exept for that

the question is actualy why did they disabled that?

Edited by KBourne

We haven't finished the first ones! Love the campaigns!

Heard these are good might start downloading :D

They are very good!

I confirm. I consider them as the best from what I've seen.

Besides, I'm stuck with Bad Carma in the first campaign :

When I disembark in the south of the island, I take 30 seconds to take some more grenades and stuff like that and just before I decide to move, one of the hostage join my team from a far away camp (not the nearest) while the corresponding task is added in my objectives. I don't have time to free him because he dies in the few seconds after he joins my team.

I tried to disembark at many different places, far or near from the camps but it's always the same phenomena. I'm sure to be stealthy enough and the hostage is always in a camp where AI cannot see me.

I'm running ACE2 + Zeus + GL4 but it happens even when GL4 reinforcement is desactivated.

If someone as ever seen this, thank you for your help.

Big words there Sick, big words, touche old boy.

Yeah, i was a pretty drunk when i posted that, but it will be awesome. I've been working on it for months and i spend 5 to 10 hours a day editing. Love your SAS campaigns colonel stagler. Other than chesty puller, yours is the only one I play. :bounce3:

If Sick says his campaign will be awesome, then I trust him, He has proven to be right about that^^

Cornel Stagler, please post a Link to your Campaign

Hi there,

many thanks for all your hard work. I am enjoying the first campaign a lot and I intend to play all the other ones too. But I have a problem with the mission after the one where you have to free the Khe Sanh of the terrorists. I believe it is called Bad Carma. Right after after succesfully finishing Operation Khe Sanh I click on continue but the game just crashes. After a restart I can see the next mission but whenever I try to start it the game crashes. I have also tried to revert to Operation Khe Sanh and endmission it. I get the same result.

I installed your ACE-free version of the campaign. I have some mods installed (besides the mods necessary to run your campaigns) dealing with some graphics issues (clutter and LOD-stuff) and the ZeusAi and the SakuDriverAi and also the CBA-mod.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem and is there a fix?

Thanks!

thankssssssssssssssssssss

Oh trust me it's coming. I'm really taking my time to make sure it's perfect.

@rosentorf, check your RPT data. I think you are missing a Mod

@rosentorf, check your RPT data. I think you are missing a Mod

Hey Tonci,

thanks for your reply. I wasn't missing any mod. But I re-downloaded them and reinstalled them again. Unfortunately my savegames were lost too (no idea why) so I had to endmission my way to that one mission...and now it works. So it probably was a mod issiue.

--rosentorf

Hey Tonci,

thanks for your reply. I wasn't missing any mod. But I re-downloaded them and reinstalled them again. Unfortunately my savegames were lost too (no idea why) so I had to endmission my way to that one mission...and now it works. So it probably was a mod issiue.

--rosentorf

The save game feature doesn't work 100% of the time. I don't know why but it seems to be that way with all of the guys I play ArmA 2 with.

UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!!

I've got an update on Seal Team Six 4 and it's a good one. I'm planning on hopefully releasing it within a weeks time. All the missions and cut scenes are complete and I've begun to add polish. The campaign will span ten long missions of various types with a gripping storyline. It features full voice work for all characters along with a custom soundtrack. Re-playability will be high with random target placements and various other scripting techniques. The campaign will be played on Namalsk if your curious and want to familiar yourself with it. I've put easily hundreds of hours making this one. Seal Team Six 4 will set a new standard for Arma campaign making. I will release it through a new thread which will have a Ace and non Ace versions. I hope you guys are excited, because this one is going to be epic. Stay tuned.