Sign in to follow this  
sick1

SEAL Team Six

Yes you are definately missing something. ACE introduces sop many new cool Features, and tweaks just everything. You should really try it out. Installing and updating isn´t really difficult

Thanks for your reply. How you don't mind me contacting you as your sig suggest??;)

Ok, I'll try downloading the ACE today, again, for the 10th time.

Question:

How about ACE and non-ACE ST6 missions? Any difference?

I imagine ACE and ACE ST6 is the way to go?.............

The only difference is the ACE features such as weapons. No plot or scenario differences. I like ACE, but i use the non ACE versions because I like the RH weapon packs:)

The only difference is the ACE features such as weapons. No plot or scenario differences. I like ACE, but i use the non ACE versions because I like the RH weapon packs:)

Hi!

In your future SP missions and campaigns, will you keep them non-ACE?

Seems most developers and mod makers such as yourself are going towards the ACE trend these days...........

Hi!

In your future SP missions and campaigns, will you keep them non-ACE?

Seems most developers and mod makers such as yourself are going towards the ACE trend these days...........

Yeah, I'll always have the non ACE versions just incase ace breaks.

Thanks for fixing that.

Two things I did notice on the Recover mission:

The AI goes incredibly dumb, they can’t seem to navigate anywhere (eg follow me in a column), and this causes them to get killed very easily. Also hostages will not board the helicopter (had to team switch to them).

The helicopter leaves when my team are onboard (I always get in last), so I couldn't finish the mission!

Do you plan on adding more environmental action, in later campaigns?

Cars, people, etc as this is something that I feel is missing in Arma1 and 2.

Keep up the good work!

VoRtEx

i have a problem in the second mission (campaign 1 ACE version) Heli pilot leaves with my team member onboard.

In the first mission,my team completes the objectives too early,without killing alla enemies,i'm at the first port and second target(the other port) is done even if i'm not there at all and it drives me to the Island.

for the first problem i think that's a matter of ACE2,complex pilot AI pushes the pilots to engage enemies, or something like that

Edited by Isola

Thank you Sick1- I appreciate whe mission/campaign makers are willing to do both ACE and non-ACE versions:). I know it is alot more work for you :eek: so I just wanted to show a bit of appreciation to you. Rock on:cc:.

Don't play seal team six with Group Link 4 Special FX Edition, at least the first campaign.

GL4 messes all the objectives,every enemy comes in your position as a reinforcement.

Even if you stay at the "drop point" or not far from it,"key-objectives" come to you and you get all the mission updates.

Enemy and friendly AI behave better with GL4 ,they use smoke granades,feign death ,they call upon reinforcement(see above complaint),but if GL4 is used with a campaign you face the problems stated above.

Should I modify the GL4 config file?

Edited by Isola

As always, thanks for all the hard work and enjoyment you provide to this game!:bounce3:

Now installed ACE and working fine.

3 problems so far (could be on my side)

Using ACE, ACEX, all the HiFi mods and GL4:

a) ST6 1 non-ACE (no ace or gl4 used) Last mission, taking back the carrier on solo, the enemy AI are doing some Sufi dancing like spinning counter-clockwise, in place.

b) ST6 2 ACE (using GL4) first mission, taking out the artillery, Skull man decides to go AWOL.

At the second artillery camp, he just buggers away from the squad, enters the jeep. His F5 in inaccessible.

c) ST6 2 ACE (using GL4) 4th mission, Operation Blitz, cannot load. Will not load at all. Have to CTR/ALT/Delete out of it......

Again, could be on my side............but thanks mucho........now enjoying ST6 3 ACE........with GL4...........sneaking around the airport morgue as on now...

One thing though........would like to see more SD layouts.....as well as SD pistols.....not giving much choice. Is the ACE/GL4 combo doing this??

Thanks........

Kommiekat, feel free to contact me

Thanks for your kindness............installed using SixUpdater........seems stable so far............looks like GL4 updated to v8:j:.......over night......

Is is possible to download other mods using the six updater? Seems like only ACE,ACEX,CBA,ACE_SM........GL4 is listed as an RSS but cannot seem to find out how to download..........(this may be off topic. if so, kindly reply in appropriate thread or PM..............)

As always, thanks for all the hard work and enjoyment you provide to this game!:bounce3:

Now installed ACE and working fine.

3 problems so far (could be on my side)

Using ACE, ACEX, all the HiFi mods and GL4:

a) ST6 1 non-ACE (no ace or gl4 used) Last mission, taking back the carrier on solo, the enemy AI are doing some Sufi dancing like spinning counter-clockwise, in place.

b) ST6 2 ACE (using GL4) first mission, taking out the artillery, Skull man decides to go AWOL.

At the second artillery camp, he just buggers away from the squad, enters the jeep. His F5 in inaccessible.

c) ST6 2 ACE (using GL4) 4th mission, Operation Blitz, cannot load. Will not load at all. Have to CTR/ALT/Delete out of it......

Again, could be on my side............but thanks mucho........now enjoying ST6 3 ACE........with GL4...........sneaking around the airport morgue as on now...

One thing though........would like to see more SD layouts.....as well as SD pistols.....not giving much choice. Is the ACE/GL4 combo doing this??

Thanks........

Thanks for your kindness............installed using SixUpdater........seems stable so far............looks like GL4 updated to v8:j:.......over night......

Is is possible to download other mods using the six updater? Seems like only ACE,ACEX,CBA,ACE_SM........GL4 is listed as an RSS but cannot seem to find out how to download..........(this may be off topic. if so, kindly reply in appropriate thread or PM..............)

I'll look into the other issues. Has for the load outs, you can change them in the briefing screen under gear. Check out all the great weapons. :)

I got a bug in Op. Eagle Assist, ST6 1 Non Ace version,

as soon as mission starts, there is an error msg displayed and all team is in the sea :confused:

1bda1f0da97d514157a01b9dc55671425g.jpg

I'll look into the other issues. Has for the load outs, you can change them in the briefing screen under gear. Check out all the great weapons. :)

I undid the GL4, checked my GEAR at the start of the mission and VIOLA!

There was the great load out waiting for me.

Perhaps GL4 was blocking it out??

And Skull man going AWOL:

I forgot to mention I am using VFAI.

At the time he took off, we were approaching the second artillery camp and he was completely out of ammo. I gave the STOP order to all units, approached the camp, taking out the artillery guys myself.

Was ready to re-load my units near the ammo stacks, gave the REGROUP command and the he busted his nuts out someplace............

I have noticed similar things like this in other missions, not just yours, using VFAI. Units will pick up any and all ammo, whether it goes with their rifle or not. The unit will be unassailable until he comes back into the group himself.....strange things indeed:confused:

Lastly,

Cannot load missions 4 in either ST6 ACE 2 or 3.

Just freezes when clicking PLAY...........have to CLT/ALT/DELETE out of it.

Sorry for all the troubles.

Still think your campaigns ROCK!

I catch a local game every once and awhile. I don't know who he is, but I'm guessing due to my lack of Russian culture I used a name of a famous hockey player by mistake. If this is the case, I apologize. I just goggled Russian names and I guess his came up. I also goofed up and used the name Dmitry Medvedev and I'm sure you know who that is. It would be the equivalent of a Russian mission maker using the names Michael Jordan or George bush has terrorist. Once again if this is the case, sorry.

@Sick1- No need to appologize, it's just a name;). I didn't mean for it to sound like I was offended. On the contrary, I thought it was kind of cool and was just wondering if you happened to be a fan of the sport. BTW Pavel Datsyuk plays for the Detroit Redwings. Thanks for responding though and as always please continue to make these awesome campaigns:D.

@ mysterman

I haven't played this yet, but if there is a character named Pavel Datsyuk in this campaign, I HAVE to play it.

DRW #1.

LOL, andromeda. Pavel Datsyuk is the name of a target late in the first campaign. However if you haven't tried these campaigns yet you definately have to give them a try. I think they are awesome, way better than the BIS campaigns or missions. Just remember they are fairly tough missions, at least for me they were, and require some decent tactics. As well as low and slow movement at times.

BTW my user profile name is Wingnut, so I am a fan also - Go Wings

first campaign Ace version,last mission ,does anyone has tips/advices ?

Can't find a good place to snipe enemies and they are too many

I have exactly the same issue. I'm not using GL4, just the required mods.

Hopefully there will be a fix for this. I can't wait to continue this great campaign!

Chek your RPT File, this should say you where the Problem exactly is

@Tonci87: Thanks for pointing me to the RPT file.

That file stated I could not edit/play this mission because of missing content: ACE_Wounds. This is indeed what I had disabled in the past. So I enabled it and all is fine.

Maybe this is what happens with you too, Kommiekat?

Now I go play :yay:

Chek your RPT File, this should say you where the Problem exactly is
@Tonci87: Thanks for pointing me to the RPT file.

That file stated I could not edit/play this mission because of missing content: ACE_Wounds. This is indeed what I had disabled in the past. So I enabled it and all is fine.

Maybe this is what happens with you too, Kommiekat?

Now I go play :yay:

Sorry guys, but ..............RPT File? Where do I find it and if possible, in simple specific detailing..........what do I do?????

Thanks guys

Find it under

YourUsername/Appdata/Local/Arma 2

If Arma crashes or if other Problems occur, this file can give you a hint about what is wrong