Sign in to follow this  
ebanks129

Wardak_WIP

Does that mean we will need PR to play on it?

Well yes I suppose, you will need PR:ArmA2 for the pbo for a start, it will then require PR Core to run, It will not be released as a standalone addon, due it being reliant on the PR Core which contains the objects on the Island.

Edited by Craig.Turner

UK_Force;1720145']Well you will need PR:ArmA2 for the pbo yes' date=' as it will be part of PR Core, It will not be released as a standalone addon.[/quote']

Would PR need to be running to play it? Can we download PR and just run the map (ie. will it be a separate pbo with the PR folder)?

Would PR need to be running to play it? Can we download PR and just run the map (ie. will it be a separate pbo with the PR folder)?

Well if you're going to open it up in the editor.. Sure;)

UK_Force;1720145']Well you will need PR:ArmA2 for the pbo yes' date=' as it will be part of PR Core, It will not be released as a standalone addon.[/quote'] My sudden interest in this addon has suddenly disappeared.. Way to go ebanks..FPDR
Edited by Big Mac

Thanks, I am only a single person player, don't play online but I loved the look of your map.

Although it is disappointing to find out that PR has taken complete control of it, especially for people who only play offline.

Edited by aeggwards1

WAS looking forward to this. Hope the few people that download PR get enough enjoyment out of it to make up for everybody else... :(

:unhappy:

This was the one you sent me right? I won't be getting PR :icon8: so I guess I'll just have to use the Alpha for Screenshots.

Ughh...Why must it require a full on mod? No hate on PR, but I might not feel like downloading a whole mod just for an island.

Ah guys:( wardak won't disappoint because of the mod Believe in me in this! WIP screens will be up soon. Hope that can be respected.

Edited by ebanks129

I believe it can [be respected]. I would appreciate your work even more if it was without the necessary Project Reality pbo, but it's alright. I'll probably still try both mods and I personally won't be doing any griping about your decision. Enjoy the further creation of the map! I loved Shekhabad and I'm sure I'll love Wardak Province!

I believe it can [be respected]. I would appreciate your work even more if it was without the necessary Project Reality pbo, but it's alright. I'll probably still try both mods and I personally won't be doing any griping about your decision. Enjoy the further creation of the map! I loved Shekhabad and I'm sure I'll love Wardak Province!

Wardak is a completely reworked version Shekhabad. ;) Same terrain, just better satellite image and scaled properly. The name does better justice for the area as well since Shekhabad was just a village in the Wardak Province:)

I look forward to the WIP shots, sorry if I seemed like I was griping just disappointed it will require a mod I will never use as it seems like it is multi-player only.

The maps looks awesome though!

Sorry but I really feel like I should comment.

Can people please get of ebanks's back a bit

He has joined Project Reality, because he wanted too, and wanted to be a part of a bigger team .... a natural progression for a Developer.

This Map now has the advantage of having a number or PR Destructible assets too, hence it will require PR Core to run it, and also a dedicated team to support it

There are any number of add ons out there for everyone to use, so can you please give the guy a break, and support him in his decsion.

Project Reality 100% supports ebanks as a Team Member, and I actually take offence when people do not respect his decision.

This Map will be a Huge part of Project Reality, with many people playing online daily on it.

Please respect his decision guys ;)

Thank you.

Edited by Craig.Turner

UK_Force;1721198']Sorry but I really feel like I should comment.

Can people please get of ebanks's back :mad:

He has joined Project Reality' date=' because he wanted too, and wanted to be a part of a bigger team .... a natural progression for a Developer.

This Map now has the advantage of having a number or PR Destructible assets too, hence it will require PR to run it, and also a dedicated team to support him

There are any number of add ons out there for you all to use, so can you please give the guy a break, and support him in HIS decsion.

Project Reality 100% supports ebanks as a Team Member, and I actually take offence when people do not respect his decision.

This Map will be a Huge part of Project Reality, with many people playing online daily on it.

Please respect his decision ;)

Thank you.[/quote']

So we can't express our disappointment?

I understand and respect ebanks decision and I wish him well in it but I am still allowed to be disappointed I won't be able to play on his map because I don't want to play online.

I resent the inference that I am not respecting his decision. I am not and will not disrepect him for HIS decision.

So we can't express our disappointment?

I understand and respect ebanks decision and I wish him well in it but I am still allowed to be disappointed I won't be able to play on his map because I don't want to play online.

I resent the inference that I am not respecting his decision. I am not and will not disrepect him for HIS decision.

Exactly. I helped beta test this map (Or did I?) and I was disappointed to find out I would have to download extra gigs to play on it. I'm sure you don't allow people to express disappointment in your own forums, but these aren't your forums.

aeggwards1 , it was not aimed "directly" at you at all, I never quoted you or mentioned your name. It was a general comment, as ebanks has already expressed his disapointment to me with some of the comments here.

Cheers

Edited by Craig.Turner

UK_Force;1721213']aeggwards1 ' date=' it was not aimed "directly" at you at all, I never quoted you or mentioned your name ? It was a general comment, as ebanks has already expressed his disapointment to me with some of the comments here.

Cheers[/quote']

That's fine, I know you didn't mention my name but I thought I would make a reply to the inference we shouldn't let ebanks know we were disappointed as it was disrespectable.

I understand ebanks was disappointed with some comments and probably has a good reason to. I agree with gazzthompson below in that regard.

Edited by aeggwards1

So we can't express our disappointment

I know im new here, and its probably not my place (and as usual, i dont represent the PR team) but there is a big difference in constructive feed back (which by the way 'Darkhorse' is encouraged on the PR forums) and comments like this:

My sudden interest in this addon has suddenly disappeared.. Way to go ebanks..FPDR
Nice... FPDR
I declare Shenanigans on ebanks129 and Project Reality.
WAS looking forward to this. Hope the few people that download PR get enough enjoyment out of it to make up for everybody else... :(

Which frankly contribute nothing to the thread/discussion and i assume is what UKforce was talking about.

Guys, no reason to argue if you want the map that bad download PR when it comes out and then delete the unnecessary pbo's.

Just curious why there should be only one "black or white" solution?

Why not making one island/map variant for default game and one using some extra features? So all people can enjoy the work with and without required addons/mods?

Just curious why there should be only one "black or white" solution?

Why not making one island/map variant for default game and one using some extra features? So all people can enjoy the work with and without required addons/mods?

ebanks is - like all Modders, free to make his own "version", of this of course. That will be his decision of course and nothing to do with PR !!

For the PR Version though it will require PR Core to run due to PR's own object pack that is used on there (destructable walls, buildings etc, all built by PR modelers), and we also as stated are not developing to release "individual" add ons.

Edited by Craig.Turner