Sign in to follow this  
ebanks129

Wardak_WIP

Is CAA1-free version out somewhere?

Pls!

What's the current "weight" of the map?

WOA! Great

With or without opx?

If with, then I guess new bushes shouldnt be such a problem (tho remember You need a new not-replacement config)

ah i see.

Wardak_Region.pbo = 111mb

mb veg= 23mb

all of OPX pbos= 300mb.

amount of detail this S.o.B. will have=priceless

oh why thank you global mapper..:)

Summerveg is basically optional. with it you get summer/spring look without you get fall/winter look

but so far im not using any summertrees. and like 2 summer bushes so not big noticeable difference

couple weeks until i let go a performance test one. as im getting villages out the way..

is summer bushes to much extra to add? i dont want to go on a bush adding frenzy when noone will dl it and all end up with some orange bushes looking out of place..

Hi ebanks...

Just thought I'd drop by your thread and see what you're actually up to! ;)

Looking great!!!

Maybe I should clarify the summer vegetation thing here a little, if you're considering using them...

Theres basically 2 different versions of the "Summer Vegetation"...

This is the "Total Replacement" Pack

This is basically for "ordinary users" who want a green Chernarus and Utes - as an Island Maker you'll know what I mean when I say it replaces "Plants2" contents with itself - in memory only, as its loaded...

This means - in effect, that ANY island the user has loaded which uses the standard BIS autumn look bushes, trees whatever - will have them automatically and directly replaced by the summer versions... this is the scenario you're talking about above... you just go ahead and use stock autumn bushes as normal when constructing your island... and you "recommend" the use of the Summer Bushes REPLACEMENT pack...

People who use it will see summer bushes (everywhere - on any island where autumn bushes would normally be)

People who don't bother will see autumn bushes - which might look a little out of place...

Theres another version of the Summer Veg packs HERE

These are the same Summer Veg models as in the replacement pack, but these packs are designed for Island Makers... they work more like how "Berghoff's African Trees" works on Isla Duala... they're designed to become a "required addon" for the island... that means they'll sit alongside the default BIS autumn stuff... not replace them... these packs are more for island designers... if you want a definite non-optional summer look for your island then you add them directly to the island - just as Ice has with the African Foliage... but they're then a compulsory addon - object missing errors aplenty if you don't have the file...

You would need to include a "required addon" link, or like Icebreakr does - include the file(s) in the download...

Why bother then? Well... firstly it avoids some people seeing autumn foliage if that would spoil the look you want for your terrain - if its compulsory - people see the terrain as you designed it...

Secondly... because, like Berghoffs African Foliage, its a standalone - other island makers may choose to use it... in that case, once your users download and install that summerveg pack, the same files will do for any other island that uses the same pack... if you have an @Islands\Addons folder where you keep all your islands - as long as the standalone summer veg files are in there once - all islands which use them can draw on the same files...

Technically - it doesn't matter where the summerveg files are - in the "always loaded assorted mods" folder will do - as long as they get loaded, all islands which use them will find and use them...

The final bonus with the standalone packs are that they'll be backwards compatible... so, if they get updated in the future (a distinct possibility), then you'll get nicer looking veggies without any further work on your part... plus - users only need to download the updated packs once to cover all the islands they have which use them...

The main thing to remember for "ordinary users" is that theres TWO Versions of the pack...

The Direct Replacement - primarily designed to give a quick 'n easy summer look to the Default Islands (but which incidentally will summer ANY other island which uses the BIS autumn foliage)...

And the Standalone Island Makers Pack - designed for island makers to include as a "required addon" for a definite, my-island-only Summer look...

If you have any techie questions about using the summer stuff feel free to PM me anytime...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Hi ebanks...

Just thought I'd drop by your thread and see what you're actually up to! ;)

Looking great!!!

Maybe I should clarify the summer vegetation thing here a little, if you're considering using them...

Theres basically 2 different versions of the "Summer Vegetation"...

This is the "Total Replacement" Pack

This is basically for "ordinary users" who want a green Chernarus and Utes - as an Island Maker you'll know what I mean when I say it replaces "Plants2" contents with itself - in memory only, as its loaded...

This means - in effect, that ANY island the user has loaded which uses the standard BIS autumn look bushes, trees whatever - will have them automatically and directly replaced by the summer versions... this is the scenario you're talking about above... you just go ahead and use stock autumn bushes as normal when constructing your island... and you "recommend" the use of the Summer Bushes REPLACEMENT pack...

People who use it will see summer bushes (everywhere - on any island where autumn bushes would normally be)

People who don't bother will see autumn bushes - which might look a little out of place...

Theres another version of the Summer Veg packs HERE

These are the same Summer Veg models as in the replacement pack, but these packs are designed for Island Makers... they work more like how "Berghoff's African Trees" works on Isla Duala... they're designed to become a "required addon" for the island... that means they'll sit alongside the default BIS autumn stuff... not replace them... these packs are more for island designers... if you want a definite non-optional summer look for your island then you add them directly to the island - just as Ice has with the African Foliage... but they're then a compulsory addon - object missing errors aplenty if you don't have the file...

You would need to include a "required addon" link, or like Icebreakr does - include the file(s) in the download...

Why bother then? Well... firstly it avoids some people seeing autumn foliage if that would spoil the look you want for your terrain - if its compulsory - people see the terrain as you designed it...

Secondly... because, like Berghoffs African Foliage, its a standalone - other island makers may choose to use it... in that case, once your users download and install that summerveg pack, the same files will do for any other island that uses the same pack... if you have an @Islands\Addons folder where you keep all your islands - as long as the standalone summer veg files are in there once - all islands which use them can draw on the same files...

Technically - it doesn't matter where the summerveg files are - in the "always loaded assorted mods" folder will do - as long as they get loaded, all islands which use them will find and use them...

The final bonus with the standalone packs are that they'll be backwards compatible... so, if they get updated in the future (a distinct possibility), then you'll get nicer looking veggies without any further work on your part... plus - users only need to download the updated packs once to cover all the islands they have which use them...

The main thing to remember for "ordinary users" is that theres TWO Versions of the pack...

The Direct Replacement - primarily designed to give a quick 'n easy summer look to the Default Islands (but which incidentally will summer ANY other island which uses the BIS autumn foliage)...

And the Standalone Island Makers Pack - designed for island makers to include as a "required addon" for a definite, my-island-only Summer look...

If you have any techie questions about using the summer stuff feel free to PM me anytime...

B

Nice one didnt notice the standalone versions. I will be using the standalone bush.pbo:idea:

I tested the map with out summer veg trees and it looks really nice. Obviously early WIP.

The trees looked odd because they are red, but I'll post more feedback once I get Summer trees working. Maybe some screenshots aswell. :)

But yeah your gonna need to figure out that summer trees thing because right now it will replace the stock BIS trees on ANY map they are used on. And obviously not everyone wants that.

I tested the map with out summer veg trees and it looks really nice. Obviously early WIP.

The trees looked odd because they are red, but I'll post more feedback once I get Summer trees working. Maybe some screenshots aswell. :)

But yeah your gonna need to figure out that summer trees thing because right now it will replace the stock BIS trees on ANY map they are used on. And obviously not everyone wants that.

Oh I got it figure out. ;)

That's it exactlyEnad!

The "replacement"ones are a quick 'n easy, clientside only, Instant Summer for the Default Islands... which, as a side effect, will also Summer Up any other island which happens to use the default Autumn stuff..

For that reason it's good to have them in a modfolder of their own... something like...

@SummerBIS\Addons\<summer replacement files go here>

Then if you use a launcher, you can switch Summer Chernarus off and on with a click...

The Island Designers Version is designed to be "hard coded" into the island itself - it'll be a required addon for the island, but it will affect only that island - it won't affect Chernarus or anything else...

B

Here are some screenshots for those who would like to see more.

There are many so I will need to post three times to fit them all.

Some suggestions are.

-Obviously add some grass and clutter.

-No red/orange/brownish green trees. Basically all trees that should be on Chernarus should not be on this map. They look really out of place

-Improve ground textures at a distance.

First Set:

ybdp9.jpg

ybfUi.jpg

ybior.jpg

ybnnJ.jpg

ybsn0.jpg

That looks really nice, some of the dark spots on the mountains in the last couple of pictures look a bit strange though, but other than that, it's beautiful, I can't imagine how beautiful it will be once there's some more rocks and bushes in there, the terrain looks perfect. good work!

That looks really nice, some of the dark spots on the mountains in the last couple of pictures look a bit strange though, but other than that, it's beautiful, I can't imagine how beautiful it will be once there's some more rocks and bushes in there, the terrain looks perfect. good work!

Yeah ahaha just a little area of the satellite map I'll have to photoshop out:)

Lookin' good!

Some more of these shots and I'll probably get motivated to finish my afghan vehicle pack..

one suggestion though - may be only my taste, but I think the violet stool stands out too much, kinda too vivid to blend in.. maybe try texturing it with something similar to this:

http://www.google.pl/search?q=afghan+rug&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:pl:official&client=firefox-a

regards

T.

Edited by topas
doubleposting..

good looking!

More of these and I'll maybe get motivated to finish the afghan jingle vehicles :)

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Lookin' good!

Some more of these shots and I'll probably get motivated to finish my afghan vehicle pack..

one suggestion though - may be only my taste, but I think the violet stool stands out too much, kinda too vivid to blend in.. maybe try texturing it with something similar to this:

http://www.google.pl/search?q=afghan+rug&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:pl:official&client=firefox-a

regards

T.

Yeah I'll probly move or replace that stand that is there with something else. About that afghan vehile pack..hell yeah you should finish them! seen plenty of them type of trucks in ref photos.:rolleyes:

Yeah ahaha just a little area of the satellite map I'll have to photoshop out:)

Yeah, I thought so. :) Still, it's looking spectacular, I'm really looking forward to this map. I'd say it's the most promising of all the afghanistan-maps, atleast for me. Good job!

Those pics are looking effin' great! gots to love the mountains ;)

if ebanks dont mind me saying...i can say this map really is outstanding, and is unbelivably realistic to the AO it represents..from the pics iv saw..plus i had a vid that my cusin shot while riding in a blackhawk from a FOB to the northeast down throw wardak(well it may not have been in this exact location) but it reminded me of this map so much! great job ebanks...your outstanding bro!

I'm really looking forward to see a lot of bushes "climbing" up those mountains, aswell as rocks and bushes here and there etc. It will look amazing.