Sign in to follow this  
ebanks129

Wardak_WIP

Which frankly contribute nothing to the thread/discussion and i assume is what UKforce was talking about.

Well, its safe to say these are the last the comments on this terrain in this thread, because it'll be sucked up into the PR PR machine.

Fully respect ebanks decision, just a little disapointing to see new content tangled into a bigger project with a different timeline.

Best of luck with your work ebanks, hope to see it sooner rather than later.

OK, sad to hear about that restrictive development/terms and conditions even for island makers and modelers. Good luck...

Gnat;1721297'] just a little disapointing to see new content tangled into a bigger project with a different timeline.

That's what I was kinda bothered about. I have no idea how long it will take for PR to be done. Ebanks could be done next month and PR wont be done for another 4 months. :(

Which frankly contribute nothing to the thread/discussion and i assume is what UKforce was talking about.
Sure it does. It's people showing their disapproval of PR and it's actions. Edited by Big Mac

Again constructive feedback is great... facepalm gifs with no explanation other than "Way to go ebanks." i would consider not to be fine. maybe we have different expectations of what constructive feedback is.

Again constructive feedback is great...
Alright here's constructive feedback. You would gain more support for your mod if you released maps as both standalone addons and with PR.
facepalm gifs with no explanation other than "Way to go ebanks." i would consider not to be fine. maybe we have different expectations of what constructive feedback is.
Maybe you should take it as a sign that you people are making some really big mistakes.. A lot of units here play coop mainly and you people are only going to support pvp which attracts mainly the kiddies in this community. On top of that not releasing maps as a stand alone addon doesn't endear you to mission makers. Edited by Big Mac

Yeh .... basically what he said.

Expect;

... you people are making some really big mistakes.

Well, not really big, if your not concerned about what this community typically consists of. Cookie-cutting from one community to another isn't always going to win you friends.

pvp which attracts mainly the kiddies in this community.

Well ..... a bunch of us like PvP, and I certainly past the "kiddie" stage a couple or more decades ago ;)

PvP has and all ways will be PRs goal.

I think it should be noted , 95% of the PR devs working on the ArmA side of things are ArmA modders originally.. they too know the ArmA community well.

Edited by gazzthompson

they too know the ArmA community well.
Apparently not since PR is meeting just as much resistance as support.

Apparently not since PR is meeting just as much resistance as support.

Big Mac

Gnat

-You two only seem to be the resistance in both threads. Do you represent the BIS community?

Big Mac

Gnat

-You two only seem to be the resistance in both threads. Do you represent the BIS community?

I would venture to say gnat is a big part of the community as where I am am just a long time player of BIS games.

Should i go ahead and count the positive/supportive responses in this thread vs the posts showing "resistance" ?

Should i go ahead and count the positive/supportive responses in this thread vs the posts showing "resistance" ?
As Gnat and I just said when you cookie cut from one community to another it isn't going to make you friends.

My point was, there has been Many more fully supportive/positive posts in this thread than posts showing resistance (you and Gnat) making your claim of:

"much resistance as support."

well, not true... at all.

My point was, there has been Many more fully supportive/positive posts in this thread than posts showing resistance (you and Gnat) making your claim of:

"much resistance as support."

well, not true... at all.

What makes you think that it's not true? Just because we're the ones voicing the most opposition doesn't mean that there aren't others. I have made supportive comments when it comes to your work on units,vehicles,choppers, and so forth. My problem is that you should understand that a lot of people here place PvP 2nd only to coop and that you're cookie cutting addons for your own mod.

"Just because we're the ones voicing the most opposition doesn't mean that there aren't others"

Intill they say, how am i suppose to know?

As ive said, PR is and always has been PvP... the DEVs and the future players (mainly PR:BF2 players who already own ArmA) have no interesting in playing with or against AI on any level.

"Just because we're the ones voicing the most opposition doesn't mean that there aren't others"

Intill they say, how am i suppose to know?

As ive said, PR is and always has been PvP... the DEVs and the future players (mainly PR:BF2 players who already own ArmA) have no interesting in playing with or against AI on any level.

Well maybe you should consider this community too. This is going no where, if you'd like to continue this discussion lets do it on a more private venue such as PMs. Edited by Big Mac

What makes you think that it's not true? Just because we're the ones voicing the most opposition doesn't mean that there aren't others.

Mac is right. There are plenty of us around. You should remember that for every person who posts on these forums, there are atleast 5 who don't. :j:

Viva La Resistance!

Also, expressing our disappointment about his decision does not mean that we do not support it. I've got no problem with it. Although I do have a problem with PR acting like they own the place.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Mac is right. There are plenty of us around. You should remember that for every person who posts on these forums, there are atleast 5 who don't. :j:

Also, expressing our disappointment about his decision does not mean that we do not support it. I've got no problem with it.

I agree with pretty much this. Especially when he mentions that the PR devs think they are gods gift to modding.

Dont get me wrong, I think PR might be good to liven up the PVP scene, I did enjoy playing PR on BF2, but since joining a Co-op squad( yes i know PVP and Co-op are different, But they both use the same teamwork) i cant go back to it due to the way it forces you to use teamwork.

To me, Team work should come from respect and leadership/Mission makers, Instead of being forced to do it through gameplay restriction.

Onto the point i originally wanted to make, How about we stop arguing about rather meaningless things. and enjoy a community where we dont have 10 year olds bitching and moaning. i forgot, We do have 10 year olds bitching and moaning, Hence why i hardly ever post here.

If your so strongly against my team and Project Reality, why don't you go and look through some other threads, instead of destroying the ones that you don't agree with.

This was ebanks Island thread you have all destroyed here ...... loads of respect there for him :(

Edited by Craig.Turner

UK_Force;1721870']If your so strongly against my team and Project Reality' date=' why don't you go and look through some other threads, instead of destroying the ones that you don't agree with.

This was ebanks Island thread you have all destroyed here ...... loads of respect there for him :(

.[/quote']So voicing our displeasure over the conduct of PR is destroying this thread? I think not...

So voicing our displeasure over the conduct of PR is destroying this thread? I think not...

You have mail :)

Now that this project is part of PR, doesn't this break the 'one thread per mod' rule?

As well, I don't get the problem you guys have with this. These guys are spending their own time and resources on a project that they believe in.

No one tells anyone what to work on. No one can. It's one of the pillars of the community since day one. We've all responded like the responses below at some point or other.

- When will it be done? --> When it's done.

- I don't like this addon! --> Well, don't download it then.

- You should make your addon like this! --> Go and make your own.

So in this case, if you don't like it, don't download it. Also, if you think it shouldn't be part of PR, then go and make your own version that isn't part of PR.

Abs

Yes any further discussion about this map should be In the project reality thread. That's where my updates will continue.