Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Is anyone else suddenly getting CBA initialisation issues? Whenever I try to review my mission now a second time having changed it in the editor then gone to preview, I get the CBA Initialising screen appearing and there I sit for the next 15 minutes or more as my HD goes ape!

Until I refreshed yesterday via Yoma, I have not had this problem before... any ideas chaps?

Oh and stamina.... Grrrrrrrr

Yesterday...I loaded a ruck on nightstrike with 35 KG's of gear... jogged roughly 500 metres...started blacking out... and not I was not running up Mount Everest at the time..... tried resting and yet the recovery process hardly does anything...I am then faced with blacking out pretty much constantly for the rest of the game... until we reach the objective of the tanks with me lagging far behind everyone with 4 satchel charges...

Get to the Tanks..to blow them up....cannot unpack the Assault Molle backpack... test it by packing my remaining stanags into the ruck, and try to unpack....NADA... pass the ruck around the entire squad...nada.. no one can get the equipment out of it...so now I have no ammo and no gear...so I drop the ruck and my rifle and run back toward the rearm barn...except I collapse after 200 metres with stamina issues...bear in mind I have no gear now....

It takes me 25 minutes to get back to the barn... I reload with gear 20KG's this time to be safe... get 100 metres outside of the barn and collapse.... Half an hour later I reach my teamates...

This is really starting to spoil ACE for me... and if I hear one more weener state that it is realistic for a soldier not to be able to jog 500 metres hell even 2 miles with full battle gear and 30KG's of pack.... they have clearly never served.... the stamina level is FAR too aggresive and the recovery time is not fast enough...lets not forget this is also a game as much as a sim and as such... we sometimes dont have an hour to sit to simply fully recover...

I love this mod...but the stamina level is absurd...

AGREE 100%

Me and my girlfriend were playing the other night and I sprinted like 50 meters. The second I saw myself starting to black out I instantly stopped and waited to recover under a tree. Me and my girl sat there and watch the dude breath heavy for 30 minutes before he recovered. (yes we timed it)...

I had a friend come over the other night and I tried to show him the game. He couldn’t stop passing out… We would restart and he would just passout again. He was like “this is a cool game if I could actually get anywhere†It’s because he has not played the game for endless hours and doesn’t know the limits.

Someone should make a mod that mods ACE mod without stamina.

We both love the ACE mod but the stamina is ridiculous. It’s a great idea, it’s just not implemented properly. Maybe a visual indicator would help.

AGREE 100%

Me and my girlfriend were playing the other night and I sprinted like 50 meters. The second I saw myself starting to black out I instantly stopped and waited to recover under a tree. Me and my girl sat there and watch the dude breath heavy for 30 minutes before he recovered. (yes we timed it)...

I had a friend come over the other night and I tried to show him the game. He couldn’t stop passing out… We would restart and he would just passout again. He was like “this is a cool game if I could actually get anywhere†It’s because he has not played the game for endless hours and doesn’t know the limits.

Someone should make a mod that mods ACE mod without stamina.

We both love the ACE mod but the stamina is ridiculous. It’s a great idea, it’s just not implemented properly. Maybe a visual indicator would help.

if you don't like it then disable it ;)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1537630&postcount=1049

Yep agreed, i have had to stop using the stinger and A.T weapons because i cannot keep up with my squad they don't even travel that far and i am on the floor passed out! by the time you get back up enemy choppers or tanks have killed everyone anyway so mission is over! horrible feature IMO realistic or not.

watch the dude breath heavy for 30 minutes before he recovered. (yes we timed it)...

30 minutes? What were you carrying, an Abrams? :confused:

As long as you keep at about 30kg or less, you can run for ages.

35 KG's of gear... jogged roughly 500 metres
..Half a human being on your shoulder... Half a kilometer running with that is not something you do easily. Or come out on the other side NOT tired from.

I have more serious issues, but more testing. Distant gun fire are not delayed and im frikkin sure BIS fixed that? The ACE sounds are loud to the point a rifleman firing 100 meters away from me sounds like hes standing 20 meters away roughly. Anyone else with same story?

And thanks for the update ACE. :) Time to test it.

The ACE sounds are loud to the point a rifleman firing 100 meters away from me sounds like hes standing 20 meters away roughly. Anyone else with same story?

This was also discussed in the trouble shooting forum :)

Here's my dev ticket: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/7407

.I have more serious issues, but more testing. Distant gun fire are not delayed and im frikkin sure BIS fixed that? The ACE sounds are loud to the point a rifleman firing 100 meters away from me sounds like hes standing 20 meters away roughly. Anyone else with same story?

Yes here the same. I temporarily switched back to another sound mod, because this is disorientating too much. Hope tPM will find a solution for it, because the sounds are great.

@tPM

will there be new movement sounds? The ones from SOW (by Goeth, are great)

Jeeeesus! I ran 200 meters with a shotgun and my dude falls to the ground cause hes to exhausted? This is unplayable. Is there no ways to disable stamina system client-side?

Is there no ways to disable stamina system client-side?

no. It is either for everyone on the server, or for none

It might be a good idea to have serverbased configs for the stamina system. (I honestly don't know if this doesn't allready exist, so reject my ramble if it's pointless)

-"real" stamina

-"semi-real" stamina

-"some" stamina

-"no" stamina

This would save the Aceteam a crapload of rambling by people who just carry too much and shift the rambling to the serveradmins' choices.

Personally I like "some" to "semi-real" stamina, there should be limits to what a person can drag along and these limits should have gameplay consequences.

However a game (even if it's a sim) has to have a certain fun factor and for some people the current system is too real.

It's something that's hard to balance for sure. Don't get me wrong, i can totally live with the current system.

The variable itself could be some kind of "factor" where 1= the current system and 0= no stamina. So admins could toy with it.

30 minutes? What were you carrying, an Abrams? :confused:

As long as you keep at about 30kg or less, you can run for ages.

This is not true, we played today with 23kg on us and we blacked out and fell over after 200m jog. then it took at least 5-10min to totally recover which in game time is way too long :/ :(

Jeeeesus! I ran 200 meters with a shotgun and my dude falls to the ground cause hes to exhausted? This is unplayable. Is there no ways to disable stamina system client-side?

Yeah a shotgun and what more? a SMAW + 3 HEAA rounds, a rugsack filled with ammo?

I can run far more than 200m with decent selection of gear. Yes it might be unplayable for those used to carry a M249 + 600 rounds and a anti-tank weapon.... thats not a proper gear selection ;)

I don't know if it's possible but it might be nice to colour the weight red when you get over a certain threshold (25-30kg max).

This way people get some kind of visual warning before they start running and falling over.

Also I think there may be some issues where the stamina system does not "recover" the way it should. Unfortunately i'm not able to reproduce them, but i'm sure someone will be. I can imagine stuff like entering vehicles,certain hill inclinations, certain movements like jumping over fence or changing stance etc.

I don't know if,for example, it takes into account going prone and standing up.

Each time you check your map you automatically do this, someone running about with 30kg would probably not go lie down and stand back up to check his map.

So if it does take this into account, it introduces a bit of a problem..

Edited by Yoma

I don't know if it's possible but it might be nice to colour the weight red when you get over a certain threshold (25-30kg max).

This way people get some kind of visual warning before they start running and falling over.

Good idea.... Green going through yellow to red depending on loadout weight :)

It depends how you run.

Common run doesn't make you tired early.

But if you try to sprint or run on knees, you will be almost dead in a while.

However I also think that goes to fast.

Edited by MaXyM

Yep agreed, i have had to stop using the stinger and A.T weapons because i cannot keep up with my squad they don't even travel that far and i am on the floor passed out! by the time you get back up enemy choppers or tanks have killed everyone anyway so mission is over! horrible feature IMO realistic or not.

A group should move at the speed of the slowest man in the group, your fault for running too much despite being warned by the breathing.

The stamina is pretty good, but it is not idiot proof: you have to slow down yourself when warned, because the ideal solution of limiting player speed is not possible.

Dont run full speed unless your life depends on it, and use transport when you can safely. If not, keep a low tempo.

Alex: same here with the buggy weapon loudness. Sometimes a shot is fired by an enemy far away, and it feel like its just nearby.

Edited by sparks50

.I have more serious issues, but more testing. Distant gun fire are not delayed and im frikkin sure BIS fixed that? The ACE sounds are loud to the point a rifleman firing 100 meters away from me sounds like hes standing 20 meters away roughly. Anyone else with same story?

Yes here the same. I temporarily switched back to another sound mod, because this is disorientating too much. Hope tPM will find a solution for it, because the sounds are great.

@tPM

will there be new movement sounds? The ones from SOW (by Goeth, are great)

Well, I dont really know whats causing it. The sounds are in 44100 Hz (some explosions 22050 Hz) 16bit, Mono .wss format, and in config we have the default decibel values. Configwise only changed the range of the sounds, so 5.56 weapons are audible up to 1500 m instead of 1000, 7.62s up to ~2200 etc...

And yes, there will be more sounds like movement, sonic cracks, arty whistle and stuff, but first I'd like to figure out this loudness issue.

I dont know how to use the new BI fake TI (kind of thermal vision?). Tried with nv goggles, in armored vehicles and with the vector nite...can anybody enlighten how it is supposed to work? No I dont mean the keys, I mean with what equipment does it work?

Most if not all armoured vehicles has TI. You have to look into the optics to use it, also you have to to copy the updated ace_keys.hpp from @ACE\userconfig\ to Arma 2\userconfig\ACE.

I dont know how to use the new BI fake TI (kind of thermal vision?). Tried with nv goggles, in armored vehicles and with the vector nite...can anybody enlighten how it is supposed to work? No I dont mean the keys, I mean with what equipment does it work?

did you updated your userconfigs? (read move from /@ACE/userconfigs to /userconfigs/ACE?

EDIT:

damn, tPM beat me to it

of course the userconfig is updated.

I tried with the default key T (which is not good IMHO, becasue its assigned to Teamswitch) and tried with a defined custom key P and it happens nothing. Tried with and w/o shift. Tried on M1A1HC M1A2 TUSK AAVP..

Anybody else has the same problem?

Kroky press the T button or your custom key then press page up or down, thats how it works for me but i couldnt turn the bugger off after

Guys just woke up just now coffee in hand and did the usual click on shortcut for the Six Updater.

Installed the latest version yesterday SIX_Updater_Suite_v0.5.2_setup and it worked.

But this time clicked on it and a the little DOS window comes up, but to fast too see what the error is.

Ie: Not going to the Website as it should :)

Regards

Mike

For thermal vision please update your userconfig\ACE\ace_keys.hpp file.

You will find the newest one in @ACE\userconfig

class ace_sys_thermal
   {
       class TI_on
       {            
           key = 20;    // T, Switching TI mode WHITE - BLACK with SHIFT
       };
   };

We are still in beta phase. Please keep this in mind.

... Life is a strange thing... just when you think you learned how to use it it's gone...

Xeno