Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

The SixUpdater seems to be very slow for my mate. Downloading mods the usual way is around 4-500Kb/s (UK), but through the SixUpdater he gets around 10Kb/s and it always takes so much time he never can join in playing (thanks to the nice and often new versions). And the speeds are tested at the same times. When using updater its the low speed, and he shuts it down and tests to download some other mod from various sites and its fast.

Any idea what this can be?

PS. For myself the SixUpdater is uber-fast.

I first noticed this weeks ago but was not sure if it was ace related or not...

Damn, it's SLX related in fact.

That's SLX_Mod_Veh_Core.pbo which adds the pilot's gun.

Sorry ACE team ...

Added new action to the updater: "--keys". When used, it will auto-place the bikey files from mod\keys, into ArmA 2\keys.

If a number has been detected in the end of the key, it will first remove older keys, and then place the new keys in the folder.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/7824#change-34861

The SixUpdater seems to be very slow for my mate. Downloading mods the usual way is around 4-500Kb/s (UK), but through the SixUpdater he gets around 10Kb/s and it always takes so much time he never can join in playing (thanks to the nice and often new versions). And the speeds are tested at the same times. When using updater its the low speed, and he shuts it down and tests to download some other mod from various sites and its fast.

Any idea what this can be?

PS. For myself the SixUpdater is uber-fast.

I would suggest to try a few different mirrors. There's 9 in the network, im sure at least 1 or a few of them must be fast for him.

If you figure out which, set the other mirrors to 'disabled', under Configuration -> Repositories.

KillingtimeProductions and the 64.... ip are US mirrors btw.

If all mirrors are just as slow, i'd think there's a piece of software or hardware that is limiting rsync connections, or the type of connections rsync makes.

In this case you'd better setup a ticket with details :P

Edited by Sickboy

Have you ever seen Russian weapons???? Have you ever seen Russian scopes?? If you not, when dont even do it. If RobertHammer cant make a good models and textures dont do it. Cause Vilas make it better and more brilliant

You making mod for all people, not just for you and because of that you MUST listen to people choise! If people like Vilas pack add it.

Have you ever seen Russian weapons???? Have you ever seen Russian scopes?? If you not, when dont even do it. If RobertHammer cant make a good models and textures dont do it. Cause Vilas make it better and more brilliant

You making mod for all people, not just for you and because of that you MUST listen to people choise! If people like Vilas pack add it.

For the millionth time, this will not happen. A.C.E is not some sort of all-inclusive mod. Sickboy and others have already stated that this isn't going to happen, plus it's their mod. It's their choice as to what goes in here, and they actually don't have to listen to anyone. It's a sign of good addon-making that they do.

Hey Sickboy,

Just to make sure I understand something.... if someone has ACE/ACEX near the start of their addon "chain" (right after CBA, perhaps), then something like Vilas' or Fincuan's mods later in the chain, the latter ones basically overwrite the prior ones? So, if ACE has an AK that someone finds distasteful, they can still use the other one, just later in the addon chain?

(Still think a taser would be cool in ACE.) ;)

Thanks for all the hard work and dedication.

+1

Dont be egos! No doubt, you making mod for all. And mod must be without personal offense! People love Vilas pack and saying that RobertsHammer make weapons sloppy

Hey Sickboy,

Just to make sure I understand something.... if someone has ACE/ACEX near the start of their addon "chain" (right after CBA, perhaps), then something like Vilas' or Fincuan's mods later in the chain, the latter ones basically overwrite the prior ones? So, if ACE has an AK that someone finds distasteful, they can still use the other one, just later in the addon chain?

(Still think a taser would be cool in ACE.) ;)

Thanks for all the hard work and dedication.

Would depend on whether either addon (ACE or vilas/rh/fincuan) uses requiredAddons. If they both require the same BIS addon, then it should work as you said. :)

Thanks, Simon. :)

So... wow... people could actually HAVE what they say they WANT? That's pure genius right there. ;)

If you want a good mod and if dont want to add Vilas pack. Delete RobertHammer weapons, cause they suck. I prefer nothing, instead shooting from suck guns

You make M4 series good, but Russian weapon looks poor

Edited by Virus.HP1

Our modelers model what they feel like modeling. That hasn't included russian equipment (yet). Sorry.

Use Vilas weapons if you want. Nobody stops you :)

We're glad we can use RH's weapons, and if at any time there are any better/more, or you'd like to contribute any better, let us know on the issue tracker:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues

Edited by Sickboy

If you do Russian weapons, listen to Russian community! How can you eat cake, without cake? We like Vilas pack. It is nice. Yes we can add it by self, but it take a lot of time. Instead play it in ACE.

Sad, really sad. Continue, and i'll request a topic lock.

We can use our time a lot better.

If you do Russian weapons, listen to Russian community! How can you eat cake, without cake? We like Vilas pack. It is nice. Yes we can add it by self, but it take a lot of time. Instead play it in ACE.

Ok, I'm going to go ahead and use some capital letters now.

VILAS' ADDONS AND ACE ARE NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Oh, and by the way? The only RH weapon that I can see included is the Groza, which isn't in the game by default anyway. So stop complaining about the stock AKs and learn a little something called constructive criticism.

EDIT:

Sad, really sad. Continue, and i'll request a topic lock.

We can use our time a lot better.

Damn right. Some people seem to forget that you guys aren't making the addon because you have to.

Sickboy, thanks for ACE mod. If you make mod with realism, dont add so bad weapons.

RH Groza it isnt Groza, it is a slingshot.

And i didnt seen bad M4 model in you mod

Edited by Virus.HP1

I am happy for your opinion. If you don't like our Mod, don't use it, and make your own. Problem solved.

If anyone has any constructive suggestions, feedback or bug reports, we'll see you at the Issue Tracker.

Panda[PL] is working on some sweet HK weapons. This is an HK416 in excellent form.

wipl.th.jpg

Edited by scubaman3D
caveman img restrictions?

Panda[PL] is working on some sweet HK weapons. This is an HK416 in excellent form.

That's looking nice. :D

Will there be 417s too? :p

I would suggest to try a few different mirrors. There's 9 in the network, im sure at least 1 or a few of them must be fast for him.

If you figure out which, set the other mirrors to 'disabled', under Configuration -> Repositories.

KillingtimeProductions and the 64.... ip are US mirrors btw.

If all mirrors are just as slow, i'd think there's a piece of software or hardware that is limiting rsync connections, or the type of connections rsync makes.

In this case you'd better setup a ticket with details :P

Ah thank you very much mr Sickboy i will pass this info on right away. You rock man. You rock. :) And yes ofcourse if nothing works a ticket comes up. But this can surely be a problem since his internet isnt the best over there.

EDIT: And damn Scubaman that HK looks SWEET!

Edited by Alex72

Yup, that's excellent to see the HK's. That's a damn fine screen shot. Thanks for the news!

Here's something I'm tooling around with. This is the future replacement for the M249 Para in ACEX. Currently, all US Army BCTs and Stryker BCTs are being issued a M249 Para kit similar to this. There is an unpainted version also. In addition, I made an MK46 and a modernized M249 with the telescoping stock, soft ammo pouch, and 3-way RIS.

parawoodland.th.jpg

paradesert.th.jpg

Dasquade made the softpouch and stock, that vert grip came from the M4s in ace, made by Panda. All "accessory" textures were merged onto 1 UV sheet to reduce sections.

Edited by scubaman3D

Here's something I'm tooling around with. This is the future replacement for the M249 Para in ACEX. Currently, all US Army BCTs and Stryker BCTs are being issued a M249 Para kit similar to this. There is an unpainted version also. In addition, I made an MK46 and a modernized M249 with the telescoping stock, soft ammo pouch, and 3-way RIS.

That looks very cool, also the HK :cool:

Please excuse my ignorance but I could not find information on this stuff anywhere. (I think Im finaly posting this in the appropriate place)

Im trying to use ACE in the stock single player campains. Im trying to use the controls as specified in the Keybinding from the ACE_2 Wiki.

NVG brightness PGUP and PGDN and Adjust grenade throw Shift H works in a single mission but not in the campaign (campaign started with all ace mods enabled). It seems like none of the commands are available in the Campain. Is this something that must be enabled?

Also when using default ACE2 commands like adjust Rifle Sights, Shift-V, the non-shift command also occurs, in this case Step Over Obstacle "V". Is this a bug or just a limitation of the interface system

Someone previously sugested I should edit the ACE config file which I will try tonight.