Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

The fatigue could do with being relaxed a little, its a great feature but I feel its a little too restrictive.

There's also an issue where if You're not a pilot, You black out in the jets

I know these effects are put in for realism, but its a game ffs

Never had that blackout when not beeing a pilot. And i tried a lot.

ArmA is the game. A.C.E. adds realism.

I agree the fatigue system is not that good. Sure you can carry around 50kg but it sure will be exhausting and encumbering. Blacking out when running a distance simulated encumbrance. You could also block running and normal walking if the guy is tired... In any case there will be someone who will whine about it.

Never had that blackout when not beeing a pilot. And i tried a lot.

Played a stock WDF mission last night with ACE, It's definitely there, it's noticeable, and I love it, even tho stock WDF doesn't have pilot player slots to alleviate it. I think it adds an extra element to piloting (especially when you're not a pilot), as it makes you have to plan on what to do and avoiding doing crazy stunts. Love the addition of the plane effects aswell. Thumbs up.

i agree with the stamina effects being a little over the top,

i can understand when a unit is loaded with 40+kg's of weight he wont run allot

but in a combat situation when he's being ambushed by the enemy and have to make a quick decision, dropping his gear, loose precious time and taking the risk getting shot while doing so.

or make a run for it and black out after 150 mtrs being a numb bunny whaiting for its predetor..

maybe a solution (if its possible to implement)..

when packed with +40kg's of equipment the soldier would run allot slower as the weight would tangle up and down, and he black's out after maybe 1km with the exception of running up a hill.

dont u think a us marine can do such a thing??.

About stamina:

- do not sprint

- add 20 killograms to the displayed weight to account for gear&protection wear

- lower your weapon (at least it used to work in ACE1, you'd get tired faster if running with weapon ready)

- when resting: crouch or go prone (preffered) to regain stamina faster.

@BlackMamba

this is not possible in A2 engine. Animations have their speeds assigned.

How about instead of making running animation slower we come up with some system to force the player to run slower or walk... I dunno... any idea?

- add 20 killograms to the displayed weight to account for gear&protection wear

exactly guys, you have to remember your guy isnt naked, he is carrying around his uniform and protective gear aswell.

i agree with the stamina effects being a little over the top,

i can understand when a unit is loaded with 40+kg's of weight he wont run allot

Why would you carry 40kg+ ???

I can carry:

M4A1 + 10 Mags

Glock 18 + 8 Mags

2 Frag grenades

M136 AT4

Weight = 25Kg

I can carry:

M249 Saw + 4*200 rounds = 800 rounds

Glock 18 + 8 Mags

2 Frag grenades

Weight = 26Kg

Your not supposed to carry AT and MG weapons at the same time!!!!

Thank god for this system, now there's far between idiotic loadouts... keep up the good work ACE team :cool:

Like I allready wrote before, there are some issues with stamina currently and Rommel tries to adress them (just as a little extra pressure for Rommel :D).

If everything goes well stamina will be fixed in tomorrows release.

Xeno

dont know.. was only sugesting...

i dont know the possibility's of the A2 engine..

i think the ACE devs have well tought abouth it,

and i think so far they do a great job..

but it annoys me sometimes being in the middle of an open field, bullets flying over my head and i cant get out of there...

but it annoys me sometimes being in the middle of an open field, bullets flying over my head and i cant get out of there...

Any chance of adding some high energy drugs/party pills :yay:

Why would you carry 40kg+ ???

Uhm, a heavy machinegun (as in just the machinegun, no AT) with decent amount of ammo can reach 50kg (or more if you want even more ammo).

Its kind of odd to make examples of weight when you pick one of the lightest assault rifles or one of the lightest machineguns.

I need help. Is there any possibility that my units allready had a gas mask on face? And i do not have to constantly pull them from the box?

Uhm, a heavy machinegun (as in just the machinegun, no AT) with decent amount of ammo can reach 50kg (or more if you want even more ammo).

Its kind of odd to make examples of weight when you pick one of the lightest assault rifles or one of the lightest machineguns.

yes thats exactly what i mean

yesterday i played a single mission where i needed 3 satchel charges

+ my M249 Para, binocs, nvg its getting heavy,

and i needed to walk pretty far when i got to my 2nd objective i got shot at and wanted to get out of there only i got tired, blacked out and got killed at that time i had 2 satchels left (mission failed)...

I think it adds an extra element to piloting (especially when you're not a pilot), as it makes you have to plan on what to do and avoiding doing crazy stunts. Love the addition of the plane effects aswell. Thumbs up.

Its excellent when there is a slot for pilots, some missions dont have them but have A10s sitting in the corner.

I think the mission makers need to redo some missions rather than ACE changing it.

cough domination 1.29 revive/ai cough cough :p

yes thats exactly what i mean

yesterday i played a single mission where i needed 3 satchel charges

+ my M249 Para, binocs, nvg its getting heavy,

and i needed to walk pretty far when i got to my 2nd objective i got shot at and wanted to get out of there only i got tired, blacked out and got killed at that time i had 2 satchels left (mission failed)...

Pretty bad mission design if you NEED to carry 3 satchels and a M249 by yourself and then have to travel far on foot, you can hardly blame that on the stamina system!

no comments on the quality never got further than mission 1 :o...

the campaign is abouth a "SAS" squad so yes sometimes u have to walk pretty far with Sh#t heavy loads...

going in with a mp5 isnt an option when truckloads full of heavy armed opfor's

coming for ya

maybe i could spread the load over my squad but i know what happens.

i switch to the second unit, to stealthy place the satchel.

while squadleader orders to engage the enemy and ruins the element of suprise...

this could be solved by being able to give a second unit command bevore switching to him

Edited by =KCT=BlackMamba

the campaign is abouth a "SAS" squad so yes sometimes u have to walk pretty far with Sh#t heavy loads...

Emphasis on "walk".

No SF team has ever gone anywhere running carrying all their gear

I'm having a problem with ACE2 Flashbangs and groups of guys in houses. I have two groups of OPFOR pre positioned inside of two different buildings, all with

nul=[this,3] execVM "setbpos.sqf"; this setUnitPos "Middle";

so they're crouching too. When I toss a flashbang, they all stand up and wobble around like their supposed to (simulating that they're stunned), but when they return to the crouched position none of them have their weapons drawn, and instead all of their guns are on their back. So in effect the flashbang has rendered all the threats absolutely defenseless. Not fun in a video game if no one is gonna shoot back at you (unless you're into that sorta thing . . . )

You know what i did when it happened to me ?

Yoma's synchronizer

-If you mean that my tool caused it: do explain.

-If you mean it in a "talkdown sixupdater" kind of way: don't do this please.

Emphasis on "walk".

No SF team has ever gone anywhere running carrying all their gear

thats true

but when bullets are raining all around u, i think u would get the hell out of there wouldnt u

u wont sit down and drop your load in line of sight being cannon fodder...

Why in Stryker with MGS - 3 placeS ,in Stryker with rockets 2 places,but in Stryker with maCHINE GUN and MK-19 - 10 places.

Why in Stryker with MGS - 3 placeS ,in Stryker with rockets 2 places,but in Stryker with maCHINE GUN and MK-19 - 10 places.

the Stryker with MG and MK19 are ICV, aka Infantry Carrier Vehicle that can transport troops.

Because they all carry different ammo? One is carrying big ammo, the other one too "rockets", and the 3d has only a MG and is also then a troop carrier.

Maybe im completelly wrong, but i guess thats roughly it.

EDIT: What is this "Adrenaline Button" i read about on DH? And how is it used? I checked the Features page etc but cant find info on it. Thanks.

Edited by Alex72

because the room in the back is used to store ammo in the Struker ATGM and to stock ammo and the turret in stryker MGS

no comments on the quality never got further than mission 1 :o...

going in with a mp5 isnt an option when truckloads full of heavy armed opfor's

coming for ya

maybe i could spread the load over my squad but i know what happens.

i switch to the second unit, to stealthy place the satchel.

while squadleader orders to engage the enemy and ruins the element of suprise...

this could be solved by being able to give a second unit command bevore switching to him

You could make the AI unit drop the satchel when needed and you could pick it up or you could order it to place the satchel where its needed.