Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Right,sorry to be a pain guys but due to the at times unfriendly way this forum seems to be run my perfectly reasonable & polite (in my opinion) question regarding installation of this mod was locked, so please, if possible, could somebody let me know if there is an idiots guide to installing this mod anywhere? Im at best an amateur when it comes to messing around with files etc so could do with a complete step by step guide to getting it up & running without too much techno babble. I have used the search function on here & not found anything particularly helpful, and as a 27 year old bloke with other responsibilities I dont have all day to spend trawling for snippets of info unfortunately! Ive tried the mod folders approach as somebody posted on the armaholic link comments page, but that didnt work either.

It looks a great mod from the videos ive watched & I really want to give it a go, so would be most grateful if somebody could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Noticed on my sons computer that his ACE config is not updating correctly. It is stuck on the userconfig dated dec 23rd 2009. I have erased it from both the arma2/userconfig/ace folder and the backup in the @ace/userconfig folder but the updater keeps replacing it with the same dec. 23rd file. Therefore it is missing some of the config lines to update. Cant replace the file manually either because the six updater just eraes it and replaces it with the old one. Any ideas, anyone?

Will the flare system stay like it is now ? Because it doesn't add anything to gameplay and it's not realistic either.Pilot shouldn't be warned of IR missiles launches and should launch flares preventively.

@trickster

theres a video tutorial on how to install ACE via SIX Updater on the first page of this thread. Should be a start :)

EDIT: Here´s a direct link

Why would you carry 40kg+ ???

I can carry:

M4A1 + 10 Mags

Glock 18 + 8 Mags

2 Frag grenades

M136 AT4

Weight = 25Kg

I can carry:

M249 Saw + 4*200 rounds = 800 rounds

Glock 18 + 8 Mags

2 Frag grenades

Weight = 26Kg

Your not supposed to carry AT and MG weapons at the same time!!!!

Thank god for this system, now there's far between idiotic loadouts... keep up the good work ACE team :cool:

i also have that amount of kg , but some ppl carry :

M109+ammo

Smaw+ammo

Pistol+ammo

grenades

and a backpack with all the ammo for all weapons.

:eek:

But i Still love the stammina effect !

Will the flare system stay like it is now ? Because it doesn't add anything to gameplay and it's not realistic either.Pilot shouldn't be warned of IR missiles launches and should launch flares preventively.

Do some reaserch into the warning systems mounted on helicopters and jets.

I'm having a problem with ACE2 Flashbangs and groups of guys in houses. I have two groups of OPFOR pre positioned inside of two different buildings, all with
nul=[this,3] execVM "setbpos.sqf"; this setUnitPos "Middle";

so they're crouching too. When I toss a flashbang, they all stand up and wobble around like their supposed to (simulating that they're stunned), but when they return to the crouched position none of them have their weapons drawn, and instead all of their guns are on their back. So in effect the flashbang has rendered all the threats absolutely defenseless. Not fun in a video game if no one is gonna shoot back at you (unless you're into that sorta thing . . . )

I'm still having issues with his if anyone can help me please.

Jon

i also have that amount of kg , but some ppl carry :

M109+ammo

Smaw+ammo

Pistol+ammo

grenades

and a backpack with all the ammo for all weapons.

:eek:

But i Still love the stammina effect !

Yes and that is obviously over the top in terms of equipment. Still, there are loadouts that will net you alot of kgs. For example the default engineer carry 2 AT mines: that's 20kg right there. Add another 20-30kg for weapons and ammo and you're up to 40-50kg for a "standard" class.

Do some reaserch into the warning systems mounted on helicopters and jets.

Only F35/AH64/Su34/Uh1Y/ah1Z are warned of missile launch, for Ka-52 I lack the information.

But Mi-24,Ah-1W ,su25,A10 and AV8 have only a RWR so their only warned of fox 1 or fox 3(in ACE2 the only Fox1 or 3 are the Tunguska's missile and Su-27's R-27) but not of IR guided missiles wich are fox2 (Stinger,igla,strela or sidewinder,R73)

Edited by luckyhendrix

I do not like spam. But I do not know where to get help. Someone give me advice on how to add to inventory a gas mask? And even once been equipped. Not pulling it from the box. Please: (

@trickster

theres a video tutorial on how to install ACE via SIX Updater on the first page of this thread. Should be a start :)

EDIT: Here´s a direct link

Thanks for that, link seems to be down at the moment but il try again later :)

About the ACOG: The older model with "Ironsights" is quite rare nowadays. The army has some kind of bias against the use of tritiuum light sources.

I have one of these on my carbine (TA01NSN). The issue is that the tritium dot on the front post is visible to people other than the operator, e.g. bad guys. The RCO has tritium too, but it's inside the optic and leaves no operator signature.

Ok, so I downloaded ACE 2 via Six Updater and have the proper folders in my ARMA2 directory. But now what!? I click the launch icon and all I get is vanilla.

What else needs to be done?

Rdz.

Ok, so I downloaded ACE 2 via Six Updater and have the proper folders in my ARMA2 directory. But now what!? I click the launch icon and all I get is vanilla.

What else needs to be done?

Rdz.

Can anyone help?

Can anyone help?

Are you launching using a shortcut that includes the ACE addons?

Can anyone help?

Your shortcut target line should look similar to this:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_PLA

I saw you are working on some hk and m249 weapons .. really well done ..

Is there any project involving russian weapons and ruck model ??

Download the latest six updater. This one is like.. months old.

I was under the impression it updated itself, is this not true?

as im left handed, i use the arrows keys for movements, but when firing AT this becomes hard as going forward with AT in hand changes the range... is there a way i can change it to W for range up and S for range down? as i dont use them? cheers

Can i just ask a question out of curiosity :rolleyes: why can we no longer use the rocket that the T-90 has? or should i say had.

I don't really use the T-90 much i command the T-72 on most of our tank missions :) but lately have been using it more and didn't quite realise how crap the T-90 actually is when up against the M1A1 in game...

In stock arma i would get mixed results with the T-90 sometimes winning and losing in 1v1's against the M1A1 but with ace the T-90 is always obliterated in some cases i see the M1A1 take out two T-90's without any other help... surely the T-90 ain't that weak? :eek:

The T-90 rocket is now fired like any other main gun ammo (like switching to HE rounds).

And it is weaker now because sabot rounds are no longer one-shot kill/disables most of the time. So it's a slugging match the T-90 will always lose instead of a question of who hits first.