Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

I was(Still am sort of) a member of the British armed forces i did multiple tours of afghanistan and Iraq my last tour was 18 months in afghanistan, The regiment i was with meant that we were quite often out doing what we do for weeks on end and only resupplied by air assets and so we had to carry a lot of equipment/supplies which just our bergens alone weighed 120lbs/54ish kg then we had our weapons and rigging on top of this and we had no trouble at all working with this.

We and i bet most armed forces personell will say the same you can run a lot further than 200-500mtrs with over 120lbs and be out of breath but dont pass/black out. Heck we used to run for well over a few miles getting used to the weight whilst preparing for our deployment and that was in Kenya/Kuwait.

How do I open the ACE user config?

Also, I seem to be lacking alot of stuff. And how do I update?

a) If everything (reports, complaints, bugs, general feedback, etc) goes to DevHeaven, what's the point of this thread?

b) Stamina. Perhaps people doesn't want to disable the stamina system. Perhaps people want a realistic stamina system.

a) To announce the release of ACE 2 Beta 2 and subsequent patches? :p

b) How could the stamina be more realistic? You run for a bit with some weight on your back, you get tired. You add more weight, you get tired faster. Suggestions for improvements?

well i reported a bug and it got closed on Friday Bug #7220: AL RUCK GEAR got closed by rocko but a bit more info would be good just to say if it got fixed or not, dose not matter now as i tried it and the bug is still there, but the main standard of the game wont stop me playing just means i will carry all the kit i need lol as i figure i can carry weapon in the ruck as well as ammo and equipment:D so is it cause it a clash with Arma AI config, did it even get looked at, did it lose priority, what?

I heard there is a nuke for ACE 2, but somehow, I can't find it.

If ( _pilot ) then {...

1. Move your jet to a nuke-enabled EASA trailer.
  2. Jump out and activate the EASA interface.
  3. Select your kilotonage. Wait 30 sec/munition.
  4. Look under the wings.

If ( _ground-pounder ) then {...

1. Wait for nuke-capable jet to fly overhead.
  2. Look up.

:smiley-evil:

What about the nuke?

Yes, he's giving you the answer. As noted above, there is ample documentation about EASA and the nuke. Just try a forum search for EASA and nuke.

I would like to thank the entire ACE team for making all of this possible :) Many many thanks, you guys are amazing as are all the other modders around here :)

ARMA ftw !

I would like to thank the entire ACE team for making all of this possible :) Many many thanks, you guys are amazing as are all the other modders around here :)

i 2nd tht Arma was never really a game till u guys showed up!

Aushilfe;1539578']Well' date=' certain issues are reported in this thread multiple times and no one can read back the whole topic. Less Forumusers are working with the search function..

Its not easy to track all issues via this thread. Thats why there is a platform with our bugtracker.

[/quote']

Guys, please.... Use the damn search function the forum has(and the thread search as well.) It really shouldn't be that hard to figure out. If you don't get a response or get a snappy/short answer about it, it's probably been answered, discussed, etc.

We gotta give the devs a break with the repetitive questions. It does nothing but waste time. Searching for the answers using the search function takes a lot less time than waiting for an answer to an already answered question.

Here it is, try it:

http://forums.bistudio.com/search.php

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

i 2nd tht Arma was never really a game till u guys showed up!

Well it was a game before, but no doubt it kicks serious a$% with ACE2.

Ok, somehow, I still can't update after reading the FaQ. Do I simply start up six updater and relax?

For the past day or 2 I have been getting this error everytime I start the updater.

I don't want to unistall the rack (whatever that is) until I get some confirmation about what this error actually means. I can't remember even asking to delete anything anyway.

updater_error.jpg

Cheers

SD

@Ville89

The space after the // marks didnt make a difference, the crosshairs are remain disabled. //#define ACE_NOCROSS with or without spaces still produces crosshairs even on recruit, or regular difficulty settings.

Am I missing somthing or could this perhaps be a bug?

Is editing this config working for others who wish to enable the crosshairs?

Thanks,

Mike.

I've got the same issue. I've edited and re-edited the config, including trying to add a space (i.e. //#define ACE_NOCROSS or // #define ACE_NOCROSS) with no luck. I have changed my difficulty settings to normal or recruit, and that didn't do anything. I remain without crosshairs.

Not having them for personal weapons is not so bad, but not having them for helos, for instance, is a pain.

Any ideas anyone? I have seen about eight different posts with this question, but the only answers have been to edit the config or change difficulty settings... neither of which have worked, at least in my case.

I am running nothing but the ACE package mods.

Thanks for your help.

Soupdragon,

I believe this is supposed to happen. I had to deal with the same thing when I updated around Xmas. You may want to wait for confirmation from the devs but I believe it was discussed earlier in the thread as well.

Good luck.

For the past day or 2 I have been getting this error everytime I start the updater.

I don't want to unistall the rack (whatever that is) until I get some confirmation about what this error actually means. I can't remember even asking to delete anything anyway.

updater_error.jpg

Cheers

SD

Had the same thing long ago, just said yes and let it uninstall (it want to uninstall the old because its been updated with a newer one).

Still using the ancient launcher downloaded well before christmas :)

I've got the same issue. I've edited and re-edited the config, including trying to add a space (i.e. //#define ACE_NOCROSS or // #define ACE_NOCROSS) with no luck. I have changed my difficulty settings to normal or recruit, and that didn't do anything. I remain without crosshairs.

Not having them for personal weapons is not so bad, but not having them for helos, for instance, is a pain.

Any ideas anyone? I have seen about eight different posts with this question, but the only answers have been to edit the config or change difficulty settings... neither of which have worked, at least in my case.

I am running nothing but the ACE package mods.

Thanks for your help.

Are you editing the config in the Main A2 Directory/userconfig/ACE2 folder or the configs that appear in the actual ACE2 Mod folder? Make sure you edit the files in the userconfig folder, not the ACE2 mod folder.

I hope that helps.

Do you have ACEX_PLA ?

Xeno

I do yes. I joined RIP server and it said missing ACEX PLA MAIN... I always keep it up to date using KH server.

I do yes. I joined RIP server and it said missing ACEX PLA MAIN... I always keep it up to date using KH server.

I just did a quick test, seems to work fine here. Maybe some shortcut problem?

(I just added the server in YAS, clicked add modset, clicked guess modstring and was ready to go)

They do have some other islands etc loaded i think.

OK thanks guys. i just wanted some confirmation that I wasn't gonna screw up my updater. I said yes to uninstall it and it seems to be updating as normal.

[Edit]

Looks like I spoke too soon. now when I try to go to the web page i get this error which pops up and then dissapears quickly. I managed to take a snap of it before it disappeared though.

updater_error_1.jpg

I have tried choosing the update ruby and update ruby gems options and still nada. Any ideas?

[End edit]

[2nd edit]

Although the go to web page isn't working the update still seems too, but I would like to get this fixed if possible.

[End 2nd edit]

SD

Edited by Soupdragon
see post

OK thanks guys. i just wanted some confirmation that I wasn't gonna screw up my updater. I said yes to uninstall it and it seems to be updating as normal.

SD

It got me at first as well. I always get a little freaked out when I see "uninstall" anything.

Glad to hear it's working. Enjoy.

Still using the ancient launcher downloaded well before christmas :)

I think it's time to update it to the current version?

Some functions of ACE are controlled with right windows key. My Logitech's Wave keyboard doesn't have one, only left windows key, but it doesn't work in Arma.

Any suggestions how to force it to work?