Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

Thank you very much! Nice to see you and your work again. :))

I'd like to join for the other guys without scripting skills and beg for a version which initialise itself automatically. Thing is I(we) play warfare missions mainly and I remember it was amazing to use this mod, but I cannot really modify the missions. We would appreciate if you write a small side addon or make an option for automatic init pls.

Thx in advance and KIU! Good to c u back again!

@UDSSR

Nice. Thanks for fixing this problem with such a easy solution. ;)

So looks like there is something wrong and7or a conflict with the intros.

@spangg

Yeah back again after a hard time of coding and testing. :)

I already saw there are some requests about initializing Group link 4 like any other mod by default.

So right now i'm coding a script which will allow to initialize Group Link 4 if no "Group Link 4: System" module was detected/created in a mission.

Hopefully i will get this working quickly.

That sounds wicked! Id love this as an addontype for every mission.

So right now i'm coding a script which will allow to initialize Group Link 4 if no "Group Link 4: System" module was detected/created in a mission.

Hopefully i will get this working quickly.

great news)

thanx for sharing yours very needful work)

any chance to see an option or seperate addon for initializing Group link 4 at start on all groups???good old way^^ same for FX addons, as standalone????

@Crashes with ACE: This is not related to GL4, but to ACE and 1.05; Fix will be deployed tonight at 18:00 GMT, Patch Wednesday.

@SNKMan; You could add a XEH-based auto-init, optional-addon. This way you don't require CBA, but still allow those who want to.

quick question: will gl4 affect units spawned by the secondary ops module and ambient combat module if ive synced the system to a manually placed unit already on the map?

great work by the way!

any chance to see an option or seperate addon for initializing Group link 4 at start on all groups???good old way^^ same for FX addons, as standalone????

This would be FANTASTIC. The way I used to play with it :)

Absolutely great.

if you could now hook up with sickboy, and get this baby updateable through six updater....

Awesome :-)

Thanx for this great MOD

Congrats to the release :yay:

Best Mod For ArmA2 and my absolut favorit.

Thanks Guy's. :)

Well the full auto initialize of Group Link 4 already works. It just need some fine tuning and a few more tests and i should be able to release a test/w.i.p. version of it.

@SNKMan; You could add a XEH-based auto-init, optional-addon. This way you don't require CBA, but still allow those who want to.

I second that.

Good job on GL4 !

Thanks Guy's.

Well the full auto initialize of Group Link 4 already works. It just need some fine tuning and a few more tests and i should be able to release a test/w.i.p. version of it.

oh yes great =would be a nice feature

one gl4 for missions-makers

one for players:bounce3:

Edited by TeilX

Woa this looks awesome, gonna try it. Seriouslly thanks all the modders and BIS for your effort, excellent mods are starting to roll in and last patch, is like getting a whole new game.

@Crashes with ACE: This is not related to GL4, but to ACE and 1.05; Fix will be deployed tonight at 18:00 GMT, Patch Wednesday.

Thanks for the info Sickboy, glad to hear I'll be able to start some ACE2+GL4 SP missions soon!

Thank you Sickboy for pointing this out and information about the C.B.A.

I will have a look at it.

@Betsalel

Well Group Link 4 do already use Radio (Vehicle ) Chatter.

Go inside a Tank or Helicopter and turn on the engine. Then you will hear random Radio ( Vehicle ) Chatters from time to time.

Note: The "Group Link 4: Special FX" module is required, becouse the Radio ( Vehicle ) Chatter are part of the Special FX of Group Link 4.

Well now I feel totally stupid now. Doh! :icon_ohmygod: My apologies, mate. My head was elsewhere last night, hehe. :o :p

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition v.1.1

Description:

------------

This release allowe you to initialize all Enemy/Player/Friendly and Special FX features of Group Link 4 by default at mission start.

Install:

-------

Download the Group Link 4 Special FX Edition v.1.0

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=92269

Download the Group Link 4 Special FX Edition v.1.1

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=92269

Overwrite the GL4_System.pbo v.1.0 with the GL4_System.pbo v.1.1

How To:

--------

Group Link 4 System Initialize ( Default ):

The Enemy A.I. Enhancement Player and Friendly A.I. Enhancement and Special FX will be initialized by default if you do not create the “Group Link 4: System†module.

This means all features of Group Link 4 will be initialized directly after the mission was started.

Note:

------

The default initialize of Group Link 4 may need up to 3 – 5 seconds ( depending on the group count ) of a mission becouse Group Link 4 need to wait/check if a “Group Link 4: System†module was created in the mission and set which groups/units are Enemy/Friendly to the player.

If no “Group Link 4: System†module was detected and the Enemy/Friendly sides was assigned then Group Link 4 will start to initialize all Enemy/Player/Friendly and Special FX features.

Info: The “Group Link 4: Custom†and “Group Link 4: Static†modules are still supported by the default initialize of Group Link 4.

Info:

-----

This version is W.I.P ( Work In Progress ) and do not support/use the C.B.A. ( Community Based AddOns )

May the default initialize of Group Link 4 will fail in combination with C.B.A.

Mirrors:

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition v.1.1( Rapidshare.com )

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition v.1.1( 2Shared.com )

Edited by SNKMAN

Just wanted to post that using this with ACE & Hifi Sound is mind blowingly impressive.

Since 2007 when I got Arma I could only dream of what has landed with this and a few other mods within the last week alone ... great, great work!

I have added a Rapidshare.com mirror.

Looks like 2Shared.com is a big laggy today.

ah thx:619:

2Shared.com works for me now lol:rolleyes:

Edited by TeilX