Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

OK I found a bug. I placed a Blufor and a Opfor Group on the Map, and me as an civilian next to the Blufor Group. It seems that the AI reacts to Civilians like to enemys. They immediately wet in combat behaviour and fired up flares and smoke

@Eagleone

You mean that you can recruit yourself? :p

@Tonci87

Thanks.

Yes i did not check the civilian side. Do you use the "Default" initialize of Group Link 4?

Edited by SNKMAN

if you told me, then no.

when the kill character, which you control, then you can not teleport on an aircraft carrier, just write that "you dead", and you turn into a crow

(this is the prologue of the first mission)

Edited by Eagleone

@Eagleone

Well i don't think that's the fault of Group Link 4.

Do you use any other mod's?

Try it with Group Link 4 only. This should not happend.

@Tonci87

Okay thank you.

@All

Now going to fix/add/enhance stuff which was requested.

The community really keeps me busy. :D

@Eagleone

Yes. I have this happen occasionally. It only happens when I switch to a playable unit that is not in my group. It doesn't happen all the time though. When I select Recruit I get a message saying I can't recruit myself.

2 SNKMAN

i use only GL4 and Zeus AI, when i turn off GL4 (delete it from shortcut on desktop) - the mission is run properly, without errors.

so I think this problem is from GL4

is it possible to create an addon only with SpecialFX features?

2 Manzilla

my problem lies elsewhere

Edited by Eagleone

Thanks SNKMAN! Interesting concept. Will wrap my head around it and see what pros/cons I see. :)

@Manzilla

It only happens when I switch to a playable unit that is not in my group.

Yes there is a easy solution for this. Will be in the next release. ;)

@Eagleone

Well now that i know what's your problem i will have a look at it.

Is it possible to create an addon only with SpecialFX features?

No it's not possible to do that.

Or yes it would be possible but not in my mind.

Making the Special FX stand alone would be another project which would need much time and testing.

Also like you can see there still is a lot of work to do.

May i find a better solution about the initialize in the future but right now i'm really busy with other ( requested) stuff.

this is very good. thanks.

one request. could you make it so the AI run the hell out of there to cover when under fire? AI default reaction of just lying there while the whole team die around could be improved?

:yay:

Did you use the version 1.1.10 where you need to also run CBA? going by your description, GL4 was not initialized. stock AI does that.

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Amazingly so far, GL4 has not broken any mission triggers in Harvest Red campaign! amazing! hahahhaa! I am still playing razor 2 mission and being able to recruit friendlies really made it a new game with new tactical possibilities... a little like a mini warfare game hahhahaa

Did you use the version 1.1.10 where you need to also run CBA? going by your description, GL4 was not initialized. stock AI does that.

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Amazingly so far, GL4 has not broken any mission triggers in Harvest Red campaign! amazing! hahahhaa! I am still playing razor 2 mission and being able to recruit friendlies really made it a new game with new tactical possibilities... a little like a mini warfare game hahhahaa

i thought the latest version of gl4 auto initializes all ai. if not then you are right.

i thought the latest version of gl4 auto initializes all ai. if not then you are right.

It only auto initialize IF you also run CBA. :) Stock AI will gladly die in formation under fire and not move. GL4 AI makes sure enemies RUN for cover under fire and then split up into groups to flank you. In fact, they will even lean out slightly from behind trees to shoot at you instead of stand BESIDE a tree and shoot you like in stock AI.

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition v.1.1.13

What's new:

-------------

Fixed: "Default" initialize sometimes was executed twice.

Fixed: Group Link 4 Special FX Intro bug.

Fixed: "Group Link 4: Static" and/or "Group Link 4: Custom" module sometimes was executed too fast. ( bevore the Group Link 4 "Default" initialize was done )

Added: Setting script ( @GL4\GL4_Settings\GL4_Class.sqf ) to add custom classes to the Group Link 4 arrays.

Added: Setting to ( @GL4\GL4_Settings\GL4_Global.sqf ) to choose in which distance Enemy A.I. should be able to request reinforcement.

Enhanced: "Suppressed Fire" by checking how much magazines ( Primary Weapon Magazines only ) a unit has. If the units magazines are less then 3 then the unit will not suppress the enemy.

Fixed: By using the "Default" initialize of Group Link 4 the side Civilian was assigned/detected as enemy.

Added: Setting to ( @GL4\GL4_Settings\GL4_Global.sqf ) to fine tune all "Enemy A.I. Difficult Types".

Note: The value of the "Enemy A.I. Difficult Types" are may not optimal! Please let the community know your private ( optimal values ) and post them at http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=92269

Fixed: The "Group Link 4: Random Position" module sometimes did not count all available positions correctly.

Changed: Increased all "Radio ( Vehicle ) Chatter" by db+5.

Fixed: Re-Signed all AddOns with v.1.1.13.

Optimized: Re-Arm syntax.

Many thanks to all users of Group Link 4 which had requested features and reported bugs.

Install:

--------

Copy the "@GL4" folder into your ArmA 2 root directory.

Mirror:

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition v.1.1.13 ( 2Shared.com )

Your welcome ;)

The range in which enemy A.I. is able to request reinforcement is like it was bevore: 50000 meters

@SNK, wow, that's VERY far away! hahahaha! Probably need to lower it myself in the config so it won't break mission objectives. :) Or maybe why not make a config where a % chance be set for the probability that an enemy group will call for reinforcements? :) In real life battle, there are some squads or patrols that are meant to be out there delaying the enemy and will not be reinforced. This can be better reflected as a % chance that enemy AI will call for reinforcements. :) That % could of course be set in the configs. Default should be about 50%. So it adds randomness in those big missions.

Oh by the way, one problem to report: GL4 seems to spawn us into vehicles by default even locked vehicles, creating the situation where we get trapped in vehicles we cannot get out of. Run the first mission of the tutorial for example. Instead of spawning on the road, you will spawn into the ambulance, which is a locked vehicle and you can't get out of. Same thing happens in every mission where a vehicle is near the spawn site, example: Razor 2. you and your team spawn into a nearby humvee instead of infront of shaftoe.

One more issue to report: Enemies seem to automatically converge on the PLAYER so even if you have an AI group flanking, they will continue to assault only the player...

Edited by jasonnoguchi

Oh damn... This really sounds funny. :D

Well thanks for telling i will look for a solution.

Yeah by default the distance should be very high, becouse if you have one enemy A.I. group in the south of a island and the enemy A.I. groups which should be requested as reinforcement are up in the north then this value is pretty essential to get any reinforcement.

But of course change it to what ever you like.

sorry for the noob like question but how does this work with JTD fire and smoke ? I would like to use this mod but from the screenshots i prefer the fire in the JTD mod. is there anyway to keep the fire and smoke the as it is in JTD, maybe by disabling the fire in this mod ?

Group Link 4 do not modify any Fire/Smoke config of ArmA 2.

It still use the default ArmA 2 Fire/Smoke.

Run J.D.T. and you will have all the Fire/Smoke of J.D.T.

You don't need to disable anything of Group Link 4.

awesome, cheers.

what about compatibility with ace and zeus ai behaviour ? will that cause any issues if i have both zeus and this running ?

Nope. As far as i can say they are compatible to each other.

@moosed, JTD smoke merely overlays all other smoke, so it is compatible even with other smoke and fire mods. GL4 works with Zeus perfectly but its just that I don't see any added benefit from my tests. In terms of attack, Zeus AI and GL4 has slightly different concepts and running them together gives me mixed feelings sometimes when the enemies look slightly uncoordinated.

SNK,

I noticed since last update that APC and IFV dismount crewmen when a fight begins.

They get killed instead of stay safe in armor. I believe the embedded soldiers are supposed to dismount, but the crew ?

Thanks SNKMAN for the quick update. Really great mod here. Have you given any further thought to player reinforcements discussed earlier? I'm new to mission making and I was really impressed when I came across this mod as it allowed me to add alot of action to my mission with very little effort. I play offline alot and I can't find a perfect mission. That's why I'd like to take a stab at building one that I would like to play. I'm don't fully understand all the commands and syntax's with the editor enough to exploit their true potential. GL4 has been great to play with and get going.

Back to support for player reinforcements - could this be easily implemented? Is it even worth it? Since I'm new to mission making, maybe such things like reinforcements are common and easy to set up via the editor so I can't say whether or not others would find this feature useful in GL4. I know I'd like it but thats just me. At least I started off playing with GL4 thinking that my AI was calling in reinforcements against the enemy but I figured out that the choppers I had on standby near the enemy had blown up due to map placement and the AI was firing on them and the ones that didn't blow up took to the air and appeared to be supporting my team.