Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition v.1.1.10

What's new:

-------------

Added setting script to change/control values of the "Group Link 4: Random Time" "Group Link 4: Random Weather" and "Group Link 4: Random Snow" modules.

Added Radio ( Vehicle ) Chatter to "HMMWV"

Optimized and Enhanced the "Default" initialize.

The "Group Link 4: Position" module now also can detect and teleport vehicles incl. crew too.

Added C.B.A. ( Community Base AddOns ) support.

Install:

-------

Overwrite your existing "@GL4\AddOns\GL4_System.pbo" with the "@GL4\AddOns\GL4_System.pbo" v.1.1.10

Overwrit your existing "@GL4\GL4_Settings" folder with the "@GL4\GL4_Settings" folder v.1.1.10.

Info:

-----

The C.B.A. ( Community Base AddOns ) are only required if you like to initialize all features of Group Link 4 by default.

If you like to work with the "Group Link 4: System" module then the C.B.A. are not required.

You can download the C.B.A. from: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=78622

Mirrors:

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition v.1.1.10( 2Shared.com )

Two questions,

1) Do I have to edit anything when it comes to PBOs if I want to play ACE/ACEX?

2)CBA will make it so I do not have to use the modules, correct?

@El nino Foxhound

Thanks for the mirror. ;)

@h3killa

1. No you don't need to edit anything. GL4 and A.C.E. 2 should work flawless toghetter.

2. Yes Group Link 4 will initialize everything by default if C.B.A. is use and NO "Group Link 4: System" module is use in the mission.

Is there a way to disable the enemy markers on the map? I was playing around with this in the editor and placed my US team town and some enemy tanks on the other side of the map. All I had to do is enter the map screen and I could see the enemy clearly marked on the map.

Yes thats the "Marker Debug" and i always use it to clearly see what's going on during testing and developing the Group Link 4 Enemy A.I. Enhancement.

Of course this should always be disabled during real gaming.

You can simply disable the "Marker Debug" in the "GL4_Global.sqf".

Open:

@GL4\GL4_Settings\GL4_Global.sqf

Find:

// GL4 Enemy A.I. Marker Debug:
   // Choose if the "Marker Debug" should be used.
   // Note: This debug creates a marker at the map for each enemy A.I. group and gives several informations about the group behaviour and moving direction.
   // True / False, default is True
     // GL4_Global set [48, False];

Change: ( Remove the "//" in front of the variable )

// Note: This debug creates a marker at the map for each enemy A.I. group and gives several informations about the group behaviour and moving direction.
      GL4_Global set [48, False];

Thats it.

Thanks a lot. Great mod.

I'm pretty sure that the TG community will be supporting GL4 shortly so If you get on TG's TS you will defiantly be able to get LOTS of feedback and support.

Yes thats the "Marker Debug" and i always use it to clearly see what's going on during testing and developing the Group Link 4 Enemy A.I. Enhancement.

Of course this should always be disabled during real gaming.

You can simply disable the "Marker Debug" in the "GL4_Global.sqf".

Open:

@GL4\GL4_Settings\GL4_Global.sqf

Find:

// GL4_Global set [48, False];

Change: ( Remove the "//" in front of the variable )

GL4_Global set [48, False];

Thats it.

Once again, Amazing work you are doing and thanks a lot for sharing.

I have a few questions.

As you say above, yes it turns off, but Im making a mission using GL4 and the players, see the marker of the enemy unless they change their GL4Global.sqf, but is there a way in the editor to turn that off?

The reinforcements that the AI calls, have to be placed in editor? Or it creates units?

Thanks a lot and keep up the fantastic work.

_neo_

Thanks for pointing out the debug. I should have known that's what it was. Anyway, any chance of a more detailed user guide? Great mod. I'm new to mission making and playing around with this was cool and really useful. I'd like more details on the reinforcement system. One more thing. If I use this with ACE and Zeus, would that cause a problem? Which mod supersedes which in terms of AI behavior? Seems like the 1.05 vanilla AI is pretty retarded so I'm supplementing with the zeus mod.

Edited by nuggetz

@h3killa

Thanks for the feedback. :)

@neokika

The markers are only used by the dedicated ( player host ) server in multiplayer.

Make sure you disable the option on the dedicated ( player host ) server in multiplayer and the "Marker Debug" will be disabled for every player becouse the dedicated ( player host ) server do create the markers in multiplayer only.

Yes the Reinforcement have to be placed in the editor.

Also there is a option to spawn Reinforcements by using a trigger.

@nuggetz

There are ( in my mind ) two very good documented .pdf available about each feature of Group Link 4 and how to use them.

Take a look at "@GL4\ReadMe\RedaMe.pdf and Features.pdf

Everything you should know about the most important features how to use them and how to setup Group Link 4 correctly is descripted in thouse two .pdf

Edited by SNKMAN

@SNK, One more question, does GL4 break mission objectives like it does in GL3 back in ArmA1? :) The enemies calls in reinforcements from everywhere and then in the end, mission cannot complete because some guys you need to kill in the later part of the mission already got killed in the first contact! hahahaha

p/s GL4 ROCKS! Running from cover to cover quickly under fire, running crouched, leaning out slightly behind cover for shooting, splitting up into fire teams themselves for flanking and assault without having to give any orders, slicing pie around corners... ETC ETC!!!! (DAMN, they get up onto buildings to take up sniping positions themselves too!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Of course, there are still some stupid moments where enemy soldiers run past us without shooting! hahahha

This is how big the diff is:

Put one squad of USMC and a squad of russkies on the UTES airstrip.

Without GL4, both squads go prone where they are in their formations and start shooting each other until everyone dies in formation right where they stood.

With GL4, both squads immediately break out into 2 to 3 fire teams. One team goes prone and offers suppressive fire and the other two teams either assault or flank the enemy, taking advantage of buildings and high ground whenever available. After both sides take casualties, the winning side will organise clean up teams, running around killing the remaining enemies which will be by now be on the run and heading individually in different directions (in my test, its the USMC that got routed...sadly).

Played Trial By Fire using GL4 and the venom went on to provide CAS after putting us down instead of returning to the LHD!!!! The venom took out the BRDM and the enemy helo! hahahahah!!! Its what I have always wanted the venom to do!!!! soooo many times in Manhattan the venom could have helped big time by providing air fire support but never did! One problem, the enemies seem to surrender too easily though hahaha. A group of enemies surrendered when we are like a couple of hundred meters away, maybe because of the venom support. Made the mission simple as hell, totally expressed the advantage of better weapons and equipment.

I also noticed that the AI squad mates now get into and out of danger mode all by themselves! So there is no need for commands anymore! hahahah! They go straight into danger mode when enemy is spotted and once cleared, will go into safe mode and walk the rest of the way. The only command I use now with GL4 initialized is just specific targetting, thats all. Gonna test more on other missions to make sure it does not affect mission outcome... using Manhattan as a test as it has a TON of triggers! ahahaha

AWESOMENESS!!

UPDATE: I get some kind of error in the osprey at the beginning of the manhattan mission. It comes in a box at the top right corner saying something like limited capacity or something. Then on both times I tried with GL4, the game hangs indefinitely when the osprey was about to land or slightly after landing... why?

Edited by jasonnoguchi

GL4 is awesome, can't see myself playing the game without it anymore.

A small suggestion: can you please make the crew/pilot array configurable ?

Or at least add these ACE classes:

"ACE_usarmy_crew", "PLA_Soldier_Crew", "PLA_Soldier_Pilot"

Thanks !

Ok first off, Thanx for this:-)

Great toy :-)

1 question remaining......

Can i play a mission, with this addon woking eaven if the mission was not created with it, or is is a must, to create the mission with the addon?

Example, I would like to play Cipher v1.41b.

Do i need to add the moduls in the editor, or is it enough if i just start the addon with the mission?

thax for any answer.

Edited by markushaze

hi SNK!

thank you for this outstanding addon,

I notice a problem that I really hope you can fix in the future...

When you fight AI at distance all is ok, but when Ai are really close to you, sometime, ( often ) they don't shot you also when facing you. They turn around and this is absolutly not real.

Another problem that somethime cause the AI facing and turning...

When the ai finish the ammo, they advance... I think that suppression fire should be done only with more of 30% ammo, and I will try to use VFAI Equipment to minimize this problem.

I also notice the blur bug and I also use the ESC solution that is for now best way to fix.

this is really a great addons/script/effects collection congratulation!

THX for this mod. I get an error "invaldid crewman:civilian" when trying to run this with ACE, and it closes the game. If I remove ACE it starts no prob. Any ideas on what could be causing this? Thanks

@ SNK

I've find in the feature.pdf a description of the server skill, there is a way to replace the skills (spot accuracy and more) in the server/client profile using GL4 to ovverride the user and server settings?

THX for this mod. I get an error "invaldid crewman:civilian" when trying to run this with ACE, and it closes the game. If I remove ACE it starts no prob. Any ideas on what could be causing this? Thanks

Its an ACE bug. Post in ACE thread.

Sorry, I just saw that people here were able to run this with ACE so I thought that maybe it was user error and not ACE.

Sorry, I just saw that people here were able to run this with ACE so I thought that maybe it was user error and not ACE.

Supposed to be fixed by their latest release.