Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

Hi SNK

We play with norrins revive and if someone is burning he dies while he waits to respawn.Often then the blur from burnnig stays.

ATM only the player sees his burnig body while playing on dedicated.

After he is alife we hear the burning at his old place but without flames.

Suggestion:

ATM, if a gl4 ai spoted you and no gl4 groups are near it follows directly ari.

1.) It would be nice to have also there a param to have a chance of no ari

2.) The more interisting thing is : Not every AI is in GL4 so much often GL4 will bomb their own side ai.

Would it be possible to check this like in norrins revive init enemy sides = [East,Guer] ? this would help much.

3.) Will the ari run out of ammo ? and if they get refilled can it be possible to restrict this via param ?

-ai storm to players position a little bit to heavy (many die's while no react at "close range") need tweaking i think

-i miss a little defense properties of ai, they all storm to players position with good cover but no one will defense/ cover/hold their position.

-after ai was called to reinforce they don't go back to their old position

Edited by TeilX

awesome, cheers.

what about compatibility with ace and zeus ai behaviour ? will that cause any issues if i have both zeus and this running ?

See the post made by the maker a few pages back:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1526608&postcount=141

Making the AI global setting to false then means Zeus will kick in with its values, otherwise you wont see the benefit of both as much. Plus I place Zeus after GL4 in the mod list (higher priority OVER GL4) basically.

Edited by mrcash2009

awesome, cheers.

what about compatibility with ace and zeus ai behaviour ? will that cause any issues if i have both zeus and this running ?

They do work together, see here for instructions on how to configure GL4. Note the instructions were written for version: 1.1.10

You have to make the global configuration change otherwise Zeus AI settings will be overridden by GL4 when it loads dynamically at the start of each mission.

...GL4 works with Zeus perfectly but its just that I don't see any added benefit from my tests. In terms of attack, Zeus AI and GL4 has slightly different concepts and running them together gives me mixed feelings sometimes when the enemies look slightly uncoordinated.

jasonnoguchi, did you configure GL4 as directed above?

I see an immediate (and significant) improvement in the default AI behaviour.

Edited by Protegimus

@Protegimus, did your config and tested ... it was AWESOME!!!!!! ZEUS + GL4 ROCKS!

Edited by jasonnoguchi

How can I disable the debug Markers on the Map?
for enemy markers open GL4_Global.sqf

For each custom setting uncomment remove the "//" in front of the respective line and modify the value.

// GL4 Enemy A.I. Marker Debug:

// Choose if the "Marker Debug" should be used.

// Note: This debug creates a marker at the map for each enemy A.I. group and gives several informations about the group behaviour and moving direction.

// True / False, default is True

GL4_Global set [48, False];

@SNK sorry mate !

here's the working link:

ftp://217.111.153.18/public/Screen/aiclose.mp4

I will try the way suggested by protegimus using zeus + gl4, and I hope that the ai close confusion will be solved.

For the building garrison it would be nice If we can set a type of group that hold position garrison on the building, for some missions..

some type of static grup sg or gg garrison group, they look for near house and garrison, also buidling like silos are garrisoned and placing sniper or something over it's really nice to see!

Check the problem with vehicles the crew abandon full ammo fuel and armour... I don't check the new version, .13 I will do as soon as I can.

Moving the config in the userconfig it's nice idea I hope to see in future relase, but also something in the mission would be nice, so mission maker can set the difficult levels and can be sure that is for everybody the same, for example the AI player controlled that can be affected by different skill setup.

Thank you a lot for fixing and improving your really nice addon.

P.s. I don't understand why I get the message.. for Artillery addon requested... I added the addons in the mission like your example..

addOns[]=
{
	"cacharacters2",
	"fdf_isle1_a",
	"caweapons",
	"CAAir3_Su34",
	"CAAir2",
	"CATracked2_BMP3",
	"CAWheeled2_Kamaz",
	"CAWheeled2_BTR90",
	"CAWater",
	"gl4_system",
	"gl4_blood_fx",
	"gl4_shell_fx",
	"caweapons_ammoboxes"
};
addOnsAuto[]=
{
	"cacharacters2",
	"gl4_system",
	"caweapons",
	"CAAir3_Su34",
	"CAAir2",
	"CATracked2_BMP3",
	"CAWheeled2_Kamaz",
	"CAWheeled2_BTR90",
	"CAWater",
	"caweapons_ammoboxes",
	"fdf_isle1_a"

};

But In my mission when the first artillery fire, I get the message addon gl4_shell_fx is needed... continue

I really hate the mission with script errors, and I really hate the bit random value... sometime 0 sometime 1 sometime 1/2 what fuck.. is not analog this must work 1 or 0 dammit ( informatic fking logic I mean )

Hey SNKMAN can you please add the mortar ammunition classes to those that can be used by GL4 Enemy A.I. Artillery?

I believe it is class Sh_81_HE & class Sh_82_HE and possibly the Willie Pete derivatives that would be most useful.

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition v.1.1.13

What's new:

-------------

Note: The value of the "Enemy A.I. Difficult Types" are may not optimal! Please let the community know your private ( optimal values ) and post them ...

Check your PM!

Global config file:

...\@GL4\GL4_Settings\GL4_Global.sqf

is array parameter 2 currently listed as:

// Enemy A.I. Distance:
       // GL4_Global set [2, 50000];

out of sync in the debugger? It is displaying // Enemy A.I. Courage: as 50000

Under the:

// GL4 Enemy A.I. Advancing

pistols are included alongside rocket launchers as weapons that can be heard and should be reacted to at 300m. IMO it would be better if pistols were dropped down to the 50m class as noone's going to worry about a pistol at 300m!

Also, just a descriptive comment, but

// Enemy A.I. Advancing Rifle Distance:

is included twice in this section.

If it helps, I can give some direction for when/where formation changes are useful - otherwise, can you point me in the right direction so that I can have a look myself at the code responsible for this?

Ideally, AI formation change for terrain, time and threat would be awesome.

Protegimus

Edited by Protegimus

I've not downloaded this yet, am away from my arma pc, but do I understand correctly that you can't exclude certain groups from being called as reinforcements? so every east group could potentially be called?

yes & no

It only auto initialize IF you also run CBA.

The range in which enemy A.I. is able to request reinforcement is like: 50000 meters

You can change it in GL4_Global.sqf.

Only static groups are not avaible for call reinforce but you need Static Groups Identify: ( Module )or Static Group Identify: ( Manually ) to place on map (look inside readme)

In normal missions they call all units as reinforcement. yes

Can you remove the watermark that is displayed diagonally across the features PDF? Drives me nuts :-)

@NikoTeen

I noticed since last update that APC and IFV dismount crewmen when a fight begins.

Do you use any mod's which use other crew class names like the ArmA 2 default?

If so then you need to add the classes to the "@GL4\GL4_Settings\GL4_Class.sqf".

// GL4 Crew:

// ==============================================================

// Define Crew which should not eject from a Helicopter and/or A.P.C. after reaching the conflict point.

// ["Class_Name", "Class_Name"], Default is ["USMC_Soldier_Pilot", "USMC_Soldier_Crew", "CDF_Soldier_Pilot", "CDF_Soldier_Crew", "RU_Soldier_Pilot", "RU_Soldier_Crew", "Ins_Soldier_Pilot", "Ins_Soldier_Crew", "GUE_Soldier_Pilot", "GUE_Soldier_Crew"]

// GL4_Crew set [0, (GL4_Crew select 0) + [] ];

// GL4 Crew:

// ==============================================================

// Define Crew which should not eject from a Helicopter and/or A.P.C. after reaching the conflict point.

// ["Class_Name", "Class_Name"], Default is ["USMC_Soldier_Pilot", "USMC_Soldier_Crew", "CDF_Soldier_Pilot", "CDF_Soldier_Crew", "RU_Soldier_Pilot", "RU_Soldier_Crew", "Ins_Soldier_Pilot", "Ins_Soldier_Crew", "GUE_Soldier_Pilot", "GUE_Soldier_Crew"]

GL4_Crew set [0, (GL4_Crew select 0) + ["Class_Name_1", "Class_Name_2", "Class_Name_3"] ];

All classes listed in "GL4_Crew" will not dismount vehicles.

@mpcom

Thanks for the replay.

@nuggetz

Have you given any further thought to player reinforcements.

Well yeah. I was thinking about re-including the "Player Request Reinforcement" feature today.

But in fact it really is a damn big system which needs a lot of work and ( i think ) it will not be used very often.

So right now im not 100% sure. If i find some more time i will have a look at it again.

Can you remove the watermark that is displayed diagonally across the features PDF?

Oh my sweet watermarks. :rolleyes:

Yes there already was some requests to remove them. So they will be gone in the next ReadMe.

@MCPXXL

We play with norrins revive and if someone is burning he dies while he waits to respawn.Often then the blur from burnnig stays.

ATM only the player sees his burnig body while playing on dedicated.

After he is alife we hear the burning at his old place but without flames.

Yes the burning and blur stuff really is something strange to fix.

I already had checked a lot but so far i could not find the bug....

It would be nice to have also there a param to have a chance of no ari.

The enemy A.I. artillery support is random by a 50% chancse.

I could include a setting to customize this setting.

Also the more artillery on a map the higher the chance that artillery will fire.

Not every AI is in GL4 so much often GL4 will bomb their own side ai.

Thanks for the info. Yes this should not happend that often but of course in some kinds if the delay between artillery get fire positions and artillery fiering is very high then of course it could happent that in this time already groups friendly to the artillery are inside the artillery fire range.

But i will check this.

Would it be possible to check this like in norrins revive init enemy sides = [East,Guer] ? this would help much.

No need for this, becouse artillery will be initialized only if it's on the enemy A.I. side.

Will the ari run out of ammo ? and if they get refilled can it be possible to restrict this via param ?

No.

Reason: It's not possible ( i don't know why ) to check when artillery runs out of ammo.

@TeilX

-ai storm to players position a little bit to heavy (many die's while no react at "close range") need tweaking i think

-i miss a little defense properties of ai, they all storm to players position with good cover but no one will defense/ cover/hold their position.

Yes may i will add a setting value to let users control how long enemy A.I. should advance.

Currently they will advance till they know more then 2 about a enemy/player.

Also ArmA 2 has some strange behaviours in some situations where i had to find a work around.

It's just a bit tricky to get everything 100%.

In some parts of the enemy A.I. request reinforcement i had to cut out stuff to make sure it mostly will work flawless.

-after ai was called to reinforce they don't go back to their old position

Thy will return to their original positions only after a alert was cancelled.

Currently the value is set to "200 + (random 100)" which means if none player was detected by enemy A.I. for more then 3 - 4 minutes then enemy A.I will cancel the alert.

Note: From the point that enemy A.I. had seen you last time to the point the knowledge of the enemy A.I. about the player will go to 0 it may take up to 5 minutes.

This means alret by default will be cancelled after enemy A.I. have not seen you for more then 8 - 10 minutes.

@Rubberkite

Thanks. Now the link works. ;)

I will try the way suggested by protegimus using zeus + gl4, and I hope that the ai close confusion will be solved.

Yes and please report back. I would like to know if it works that way too.

For the building garrison it would be nice If we can set a type of group that hold position garrison on the building, for some missions.

I will see how i could do that. May by giving the group a specific name in the editor...? Well i will see.

Check the problem with vehicles the crew abandon full ammo fuel and armour.

Please read my first answer of this post.

It should fix this problem.

I get the message addon gl4_shell_fx is needed.

Yes that's a known bug and currently i have no clue why this happend...

There must be something wrong with the "GL4_Shell_FX.pbo".

I really hate the bit random value... sometime 0 sometime 1 sometime 1/2

Of which part of Group Link 4 are you talking exactly? Which random value is bugging you?

@Protegimus

Can you please add the mortar ammunition classes.

The artillery of Group Link 4 can fire one class only.

You have to choose one.

Also you can change the class by yourself.

Open: "@GL4\GL4_Settings\GL4_Global.sqf"

Remove the "//" in front of the variable and add your class.

// Enemy A.I. Artillery Ammo:
     // Choose the type of ammo which artillery should use.
     // Avalible ammo classes: "Sh_105_HE", "Sh_120_HE", "Sh_120_SABOT", "Sh_122_HE", "Sh_125_HE", "Sh_125_SABOT", "Bomb", "Grenade"
     // Default is "Sh_125_HE"
        GL4_Global set [5, "Sh_81_HE"];

Check your PM!

Many thanks.

out of sync in the debugger? It is displaying // Enemy A.I. Courage: as 50000

Yes you are right i need to fix that.

// GL4 Enemy A.I. Advancing

Yes you can also modify thouse settings by yourself. So i will let it like it is till i found some more time to test.

// Enemy A.I. Advancing Rifle Distance:

Thanks again. You are right.

The first should be called Pistoles/Rocket Launcher distance. :o

If it helps, I can give some direction for when/where formation changes are useful.

Sure let me know. ;)

@El nino Foxhound

Thanks for the mirror.

@SNKMAN: Just some curious questions below. I'm not expecting you to actually implement these, as I think they would be quite time consuming/hard to do :) Just like to know what's possible and what isn't.

Reinforcing: Could it be possible to create some sort of sister-module which could be linked to units, designating them as "reinforcements", perhaps with a priority level? When another unit called for reinforcements, these units would be the ones to answer in their order of priority.

Customizing AI: Do you think it could be possible to sort of have multiple versions of your mod running simultaneously for different units, with the AI attributes separately adjusted for each unit? (as Rubberkite suggested; accuracy, surrendering propability etc.)

This way it would basically be possible to create units with different AI values and specific reinforcements. Eg. some basic grunts with high surrender propability with a backup of highly skilled and motivated sniper.

Edited by dialektiikka

I already noticed that enemy vehicels deploy smoke around them if they spot enemys. I would like to see tanks and armoured vehicels deploy smoke at an 80% chance if beeing spotted by an Airplane/Helicopterl, and if beeing shoot with rocket launchers. I think thats what they would do in real life

@dialektiikka

Well in the world of modding everything is possible.

It's just a question of time, passion and ambition. ;)

Currently i have the two last but the first really is my biggest problem...

The request you made is nice but like you already said it's a massive and huge project to do something like this.

But like all requests made here i will keep it in mind.

@Tonci87

Pretty good idea. ;)

In GL4, I miss the ability of the AI occupying the buildings.

Solus made this in SLX mod in his GL3 module.

Could you include this feature too, SNKMAN?

This feature already is used by Group Link 4.

It's called "Garrison Building" and it's used by enemy A.I. which use the enemy A.I. Enhancement only.

Create a group and place it within 100 meters to a empty building which is walkable.

After mission start you can see how the enemy A.I. group do garrison different positions of the building.

This feature already is used by Group Link 4.

It's called "Garrison Building" and it's used by enemy A.I. which use the enemy A.I. Enhancement only.

Create a group and place it within 100 meters to a empty building which is walkable.

After mission start you can see how the enemy A.I. group do garrison different positions of the building.

Do you have to give the units waypoints, like maybe a patrol via the Urban Patrol Script or will simply placing them in towns make them go into buildings? I think you've already confirmed that placed units do nothing unless they hear you or see you but I just wanted to make sure.

Enemy A.I. do only garrison buildings if they have NO waypoints and a empty walkable building is nearby the enemy A.I. less then 100 meters.

if enemy A.I. with waypoints would garrison empty buildings then may it would brake mission objectives where the enemy A.I. would have to reach a specific position at the map.

Enemy A.I. do garrison empty buildings without enemy contact too.

@NikoTeen

Do you use any mod's which use other crew class names like the ArmA 2 default?

If so then you need to add the classes to the "@GL4\GL4_Settings\GL4_Class.sqf".

All classes listed in "GL4_Crew" will not dismount vehicles.

SNK,

Thanks for quick reply.

But I do have many classes to list and I don't even know their names. I'm interested in finding a global trigger to stop the dismounting.

I found a way to remove this unwanted behavior :

I edited your file GL4_Unmount_F.sqf and removed the Unmount functions #1,#2,#3 and #4.

I think it's much better that way :)

I already was working on a way to automatically add all "Man" classes which have a "Crew" or "Pilot" in the class name to the "GL4_Crew" array.

If you delete thouse parts of the "GL4_Unmount_F.sqf" then enemy A.I. in vehicles do never unmount the vehicles.

So enemy A.i. in Trucks for example will stay inside of the vehicle for ever.

I am sorry but I must say that I am little disapointed by your addon.

A.I. is using smoke after every enemy choper or plane fart.

Particles are weird (planks flying from exploded tanks) and I think there is same amout of sparkles if you hit the ground or enemy vehicles.

Burning armored vehicle crew is great and explosions with shockwaves are awesome but I am really concerned about the rest.

So far I must say that I think WarFX Particles looks better.

I don't want to start any flamewar or something this is only my opinion.

Edited by Drasta