Sign in to follow this  
roberthammer

Patch 1.05 "Announced". Includes AH-64

Nice one BIS! i wish all game companies were as supportive as you... i shall definitely be buying OA to show my support for your amazing games :D

I don't know if these got posted since i've been at work for a few hours and I haven't fully gone through the thread yet but: Gamespot Screenshots of AH-64

EDIT: There are either two types of AH-64 or they have the ability to change their loadouts. One of them has hellfires, the other appears to have sidewinders (or at least not hellfires).

Edited by Jakerod

I ask myself still more just like AnimalMother92 , if we are going to be protagonists of a campaign arrives of ah64, without countermeasures we will not arrive too much far, knowing as the missiles of tungukas demolish to me, without knowing if they have shot to me or not at some time.

of to all I wait for it ways with many desire: D GREAT BIS.

Great news

All i want in Arma II now is 10 fps more in Multiplayer, and im set ;)

I don't know if these got posted since i've been at work for a few hours and I haven't fully gone through the thread yet but: Gamespot Screenshots of AH-64

You can also find those here, on arma2.com. Very nice looking Apache, that is.

This reminds me of OFP days, where BIS would add stuff with patches. I bet the patch will be out before or after Christmas :p

Stay fast and low, out of sight, plan your move and dont do anything stupid is the best countermeasures you have, flares and chiff, jamming and others can only come to need when your enemy have out-smart you, or if you have do something wrong, yes they add some realism, but they only work if you play in the realism way

Edited by 4 IN 1

Apache in vanilla ArmA 2?

Who needs Operation Arrowhead? :D

This reminds me of OFP days, where BIS would add stuff with patches. I bet the patch will be out before or after Christmas :p

Or like that one patch for ArmA 1 which added new weapons. Those were the days.

Edited by Laqueesha

Just hope that BIS had enough time to test + play their own game in sp and mp with the new patch! Performance and AI issues are tough nuts to crack.

Btw any further news about the 3D Editor, hidden objects/buildings and perhaps new features/modules?

There are either two types of AH-64 or they have the ability to change their loadouts. One of them has hellfires, the other appears to have sidewinders (or at least not hellfires).

Most likely there will be two AH-64 helicopters in the editor, similar to how there are two Harriers in the editor.

I bet the patch will be out before or after Christmas :p

Thats really narrowed it down lol.

I may have been a bit harsh with my previous post about this addon, but don't get me wrong I am looking forward to it quite a lot nothing quite beats an official bis campaign But i just hope ALL bugs are being fixed too. Especially the big ones that people have been complaining about since 1.1

Edited by Archamedes

ARMA 2 patch 1.05 will be released later in December 2009

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

I'm going to stick my neck out here and suggest that it'll be before Christmas. The gaming industry shuts down from the 23rd so my bets are sometime before then.

Just try the betapatches.

Seriously.

Alot of good fixes to AI, performance, view distance along with a lot of other goodies.

And btw whats with that attitude of some ppl getting free stuff which would be DLC with other games companies (and then still worse, you know who I'm talking about), and still whining?

Seriously this "ARMA2 runs much worse than *mumble mumble unspecific blahblah* on MAXXX" talk is

a) not a fair comparison as graphics is only one part of the equation and

b) getting us nowhere.

If you want to help ARMA get better, take part in the beta testing and get repro missions up for your problems. And no "runz like da shiats" is not a proper bug report ;)

Out.

^ This man will go places.

There will always be those who complain, even when there's nothing to complain about.

Nice just saw this, realy gives back that old ofp update feeling back.

Can't wait to play the new campaign. I bet it's BIS way of making a apology for releasing some poor missions in the original campaign. Great gesture and now show us how to creative immersive missions ;)

That apache looks lovely (nice its a longbow version to) cant wait to harash some tanks with it.

* Hits Tab furiously

Mission 1: "Your engine has been hit, crashland, eject and go find the repair & fuel truck with your mp5. Hook up with specops waiting to help you out. Now the real campagin begins!!

Mission 2: Take out the shilkas with satchel charges,

Mission 3: Defend the heli site while you man a tank.

Mission 4: Take out the resistance trying to ambush your fuel truck on its way to the AH64. Grab your m4!!

*End credits..

:-)

Edited by olro

I guess with the Commanche there would have been too many "wahh, but it's not realistic!" whiners. :D

Damn right it isn't!

Good job BIS, keep the good stuff rolling.

Im so glad BI still supports this game with free stuff instead of expensive 'DLC' like the rest of the world.

This is great news inded! I specially like to see the Apache being included in patch 1.05.

But nevertheless there's a thing that's getting me very worried about:

- There's a picture of the Apache (ArmA2 patch 1.05) that seems to show that there's a version which has 8 Sidewinders in the place of the Hellfires :eek:

That's UNREALISTIC! The Sidewinder is a much larger missile than the Hellfire and therefore there's no way a Sidewinder would fit in the Hellfire's pylon! If an Apache would have to carry Sidewinder Missiles, it would carry 1 Sidewinder missiles in each wingtip pylon (bringing a total of 2 Sidewinder missiles) in the exact same style as the AH-1Z.

So BIS, if you're going to add Apache versions armed with Sidewinder missiles do it exactly as you have in your AH-1Z and please NOT like you currently have (8 sidewinders in Hellfire Pylons)!

By the way, the usual Air-to-Air missile that the Apache carries is NOT the Sidewinder but is instead the Stinger Missile. The Apache can carry 4 Stinger Missiles in wingtip pylons (2 missiles per each pylon!).

Here you can see an Apache carrying a total of 4 Stinger Missiles (look at that Apache's wingtip pylons):

400px-FireBirdsStingerApache.JPG

Once again it seems that BIS is not doing it's "reseach homework". I hope to be wrong and I hope that Apache screenshot with 8 Sidewinders is just from a work in progress and will not "see the light" when patch 1.05 is released!

I hope to be wrong and I hope that Apache screenshot with 8 Sidewinders is just from a work in progress and will not "see the light" when patch 1.05 is released!
You are so damned right!

This is great news inded! I specially like to see the Apache being included in patch 1.05.

But nevertheless there's a thing that's getting me very worried about:

- There's a picture of the Apache (ArmA2 patch 1.05) that seems to show that there's a version which has 8 Sidewinders in the place of the Hellfires :eek:

That's UNREALISTIC! The Sidewinder is a much larger missile than the Hellfire and therefore there's no way a Sidewinder would fit in the Hellfire's pylon! If an Apache would have to carry Sidewinder Missiles, it would carry 1 Sidewinder missiles in each wingtip pylon (bringing a total of 2 Sidewinder missiles) in the exact same style as the AH-1Z.

So BIS, if you're going to add Apache versions armed with Sidewinder missiles do it exactly as you have in your AH-1Z and please NOT like you currently have (8 sidewinders in Hellfire Pylons)!

By the way, the usual Air-to-Air missile that the Apache carries is NOT the Sidewinder but is instead the Stinger Missile. The Apache can carry 4 Stinger Missiles in wingtip pylons (2 missiles per each pylon!).

Here you can see an Apache carrying a total of 4 Stinger Missiles (look at that Apache's wingtip pylons):

Once again it seems that BIS is not doing it's "reseach homework". I hope to be wrong and I hope that Apache screenshot with 8 Sidewinders is just from a work in progress and will not "see the light" when patch 1.05 is released!

I'm betting that they did it because the mission originally used the commanche and they probably had sidewinders on that. When they switched to the apache they still needed that same number of air to air missiles so they needed to go a slightly unrealistic route. There is also the option for you to not use it if you don't want to. Maybe not in the campaign though.

Edited by Jakerod