Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Has anyone experienced problems with the new ACE Domination included? Specifically i just tried parachute dropping onto a target, once on the ground though i cannot deploy a bipod or change grenade throw, change sight adjustment etc. Seems all the funtions using key presses have stopped working. This continues if i respawn after the parachute drop...

If i respawn normally this doesnt happen, it is only after a parachute drop using the parachute option at base (not sure about dropping out of aircraft).

I didnt want to post this on dev-heaven just yet incase its just me, but seems strange that its all working before the drop. Could anyone else confirm this?

Need to do a bit more testing if this is confirmed, not sure if its just Domination, or a general bug.

Edited by Shadow.D. ^BOB^

hey has any one made or thinking about making an ammo crate script with all ACE/vanilla items/weapons in one crate ;)

Yes but I gave up for the moment. I've got all the class names but theres just so much stuff it's a major deterrent for me. I was gonna do it for the mission I just posted but decided against. I hope someone is more motivated than myself. :(

New ACE2 SP mission(Uses other 3rd party stuff to):

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=91572

Edited by Manzilla

Hey manzilla yeah i tried aswell mate by just adding some stuff to the ammo crate filla script from armaholic but not working:(

Yea, you just forgot to seed it. :rolleyes:

But no worries, I fixed it.

Don't know where you got that from, I've a 100Mb/s seeder set-up permanently (in fact, it's my A2 server)

Userconfig-error-when-starting-the-game///////// thanks for that but where do i put the userconfig folder? in the main arma2 directory or my documents along with my arma2 other profiles? sorry for sounding dim.

cheers

it say that the @ace and @acex folder exists but does not seem to be in the reposotory?

i have @ace @acex and @cba selected and cba updates but i get that error on the updater with the 2 ace files and then i get the error "include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found." when i start the game up with the -mod=@ace;@acex;@CBA; shortcut.

wtf i have no idea were to go from here. any help?

Trying to keep up to date with this thread but its moving so fast I'm not sure whether this has been posted - can't see an issue for this on bug tracker but wanted to see if anybody else has this problem first:

gap.jpg

I'm getting gaps between the new units necks and their uniforms - anybody else seeing this?

it say that the @ace and @acex folder exists but does not seem to be in the reposotory?

i have @ace @acex and @cba selected and cba updates but i get that error on the updater with the 2 ace files and then i get the error "include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found." when i start the game up with the -mod=@ace;@acex;@CBA; shortcut.

It's been mentioned a ton. Look up or on the last page. Sickboy posted the fix.

Userconfig-error-when-starting-the-game

easy to make a big weapon box just need to know the names of the guns / items the unit names

I finally have the updater doing everything correctly, and all the acex units etc and weapons are ingame, the features such as ejector seats etc also work.

but none of my key bindings work at all?

Just need the m14s that were in ACE1 and i'll be even more in love with ACE2!

Can I update ACE using YAS tool? the download server is at kelly's heroes but it says everthing is uptodate. I guess the files at KH is not up to date yet, right?

It's been mentioned a ton. Look up or on the last page. Sickboy posted the fix.

Userconfig-error-when-starting-the-game

it says to delete the entire @mod folder but i have no idea what or where that is. also it doesnt help me with the 2 ace files not in repository.

Trying to keep up to date with this thread but its moving so fast I'm not sure whether this has been posted - can't see an issue for this on bug tracker but wanted to see if anybody else has this problem first:

gap.jpg

I'm getting gaps between the new units necks and their uniforms - anybody else seeing this?

yeah I noticed that also

in ace1 there were alot of m14s :D

Who needs them when you have the SKS rifle :D

a few problems here, i installed ace with six updater using the lazy addon :D

I try the cqb sights and also the wind deflection system on ace2 training camp mission but when i press the combination nothing happened, what am i doind wrong? :(

Where does the "lazy" method of updating install the ACE files? In a mod folder? and do I need to be online to use the "lazy" method??

Where does the "lazy" method of updating install the ACE files? In a mod folder? and do I need to be online to use the "lazy" method??

Yes and yes.

You don't need to be online to use the Mod, unless MP, but you do need to be online to get the updates and files.

very good mod , however i do not like the trooper tiring , and the screen keeps blanking in and out on you. , think the running is indeed more realistic tire easy with kit,

just disable that blanking in and out , this is good for being injured imo laying on grass.

imo am getting better performace with this mod . and mp is better. .more close quater fighting with this mod against ai.

Edited by diveplane

Sickboy, I fully understand the reason for the six update process but we cannot keep up with the update process as it stands now. We don't know when these updates will happen and as so any servers running will not accept players with an updated client.

This evening is a case in point. The first update we heard about, we updated our server then our YAS, as process that takes quiet a lot of time (and we have been working with yoma to speed up the process a little)... then a second update appeared as soon as we'd addressed that one. Thus we have a situation where only client's who have sync'd to our YAS can now connect to our server. This issue is going to affect all server admins.

Whilst it is not my place to question the necessity of updates so close together, I wonder if you might consider only releasing one update a day at a designated time? I know this may not be practical for you but I see the community multiplayer ACE beta testing becoming impossible to keep in step with.

Edited by [KH]Jman