Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

very good mod , however i do not like the trooper tiring , and the screen keeps blanking in and out on you. , think the running is indeed more realistic tire easy with kit,

just disable that blanking in and out , this is good for being injured imo laying on grass.

There's a module in the Editor called No Stamina. I think if you add that to a mission the tiring system is disabled. Never tried it though.

Yes and yes.

OK fair enough. So what do people do who dont connect the PC to the web and usually burn to disk from a second machine? I have tried a BILLION times to get this to work using mod folders. It seems the mirrors for the mod files consist of hundreds of small downloads. and i have no idea what to do with them...

OK fair enough. So what do people do who dont connect the PC to the web and usually burn to disk from a second machine? I have tried a BILLION times to get this to work using mod folders. It seems the mirrors for the mod files consist of hundreds of small downloads. and i have no idea what to do with them...

To be honest I have no idea what you'd do, sorry. Not sure if anyone I've seen around here uses that method but no sure.

jman i think the @ACE one is outdated

changelog:

h2. 2009-12-07 14:08:21 +0100

there was a update around 6pm

and it said 183

just let you know

To be honest I have no idea what you'd do, sorry. Not sure if anyone I've seen around here uses that method but no sure.

Damn..:mad: Oh well. I guess I can wait for a non beta release. Are they likely to release that with an installer?

jman i think the @ACE one is outdated

changelog:

h2. 2009-12-07 14:08:21 +0100

there was a update around 6pm

and it said 183

just let you know

I'm aware. Please read my post

We will only be updating our server and YAS when our server is not full (or at least has more than 5-10 players) AND there is an qualified KH admin around to do it. It is impractical and very time consuming (unless someone wants to pay me to sit here 24/7 monitoring for updates)

Edited by [KH]Jman

so that means when i use yoma like i do now i dont have to worry i have wrong version with [KH's] Servers right?

Damn..:mad: Oh well. I guess I can wait for a non beta release. Are they likely to release that with an installer?

I really can't say for sure but I'd imagine someone will likely break down the actual .pbo's and post links to just DL those. Not sure if that will happen soon since there's gonna be a ton of updates coming but I bet one of the milestone releases will be released in the way I described.

This mod is so damn popular, and good, that I believe eventually there will be just the .pbo's or an .exe type package.

Jman;1509714']Sickboy' date=' I fully understand the reason for the six update process but we cannot keep up with the update process as it stands now. We don't know when these updates will happen and as so any servers running will not accept players with an updated client.

This evening is a case in point. The first update we heard about, we updated our server then our YAS, as process that takes quiet a lot of time (and we have been working with yoma to speed up the process a little)... then a second update appeared as soon as we'd addressed that one. Thus we have a situation where only client's who have sync'd to our YAS can now connect to our server. This issue is going to affect all server admins.

Whilst it is not my place to question the necessity of updates so close together, I wonder if you might consider only releasing one update a day at a designated time? I know this may not be practical for you but I see the community multiplayer ACE beta testing becoming impossible to keep in step with.[/quote']

There has been only 1 update since release.

I feel your pains, and it is exactly why we have setup the Six Updater Suite.

http://dev-heaven.net/news/show/237

Things are starting to work out with the updater, and with some more work in the next days, im fairly confident things will be even better.

As I answered to Terox, we are looking into approaching the mentioned issues , but as we have announced from the beginning, at least our Beta1 period (December), we want to provide (near) daily updates.

There's already communities who have setup a YAS server for their server/community, and this way force whatever version or thing they desire, to be in sync.

All these things are very welcome. Still, I have a lot of faith in the technology provided, I know it looks like a wreck, but don't let the looks fool you.

Edited by Sickboy

My friend and i was playing ACE2 for a couple of hours this evening. However there are a few things that i dont know is cause ACE2 is Beta or the game is buggy...

1) Sometimes the A.I enemy lays "in the ground" behind a hill and shoot even though they shouldnt be able to see us?

2) Enemy can see us through forrest and bushes from faaaar away...

3) I was laying in the grass with a TAC-50 SD, shot an enemy and got lit up like a christmas tree and got killed instantly from 650 meters away.

When i later walked TALL shooting full auto against the enemy nobody noticed!

Whats wrong with this picture?

Any mods or something you can suggest to fix these kind of things?

so that means when i use yoma like i do now i dont have to worry i have wrong version with [KH's] Servers right?

right.

Sickboy what about a Setup installer with current beta and make a updater like ACE1 in the Ace directory a cmd that updates auto that was damn working good

iam NL btw

One question:

It is proposed that all Landvehicles (including Hummer, Trucks, bikes, bicycles etc) get a unvulnerable Crew like Tanks or got i find a bug ?! :eek:

class LandVehicle: Land
{
[b] crewVulnerable = 0;[/b]
 aggregateReflectors[] = {
  { "Left" },
  { "Right" }};
 class NewTurret;
};

Edited by Lester

I have used ACE1 and it was awesome! Sadly here, installation seems a bit more complicated for the "average Joe" :)

I guess like many others, I will have to wait for till ACE release a simple exe installer similar to ACE1. But looks great (from videos anyway!) :)

Sickboy, The issue is not whether to use six-updater (I support it although there are issues in windows 7) it's the fact that if there are many updates per day as is perhaps the intention with six-updater then server admins just cannot keep up...

Perhaps you could post whether an update is a milestone and we could just update servers to the milestones thus cutting down on said leg work.

Edited by [KH]Jman

Sickboy what about a Setup installer with current beta and make a updater like ACE1 in the Ace directory a cmd that updates auto that was damn working good

iam NL btw

Anyone is welcome to, but you will not solve any of the opted problems.

Look at replies of people who got the thing to work and have tasted it's potential ;)

Jman;1509737']Sickboy' date=' we will shutdown and update to 83. The issue is not whether to use six-updater (although there are issues in windows 7) it's the fact that if there are many updates per day as is perhaps the intention with six-updater then server admins just cannot keep up...

Perhaps you could post whether an update is a milestone and we could just update servers to the milestones thus cutting down on said leg work.[/quote']

There has been only 1, and we do not intend to release more than 1 a day, and even "near" daily, means, probably not even every day. ;)

In any case, we are aware of things, and are on it :)

If you get the issues reported to my issue tracker, I can start working on them.

Edited by Sickboy

A PROOF why you have to love updater:

omgj.th.jpg

jezus, 4,52mb/s ... (on torrents i get 11,3mb/s but that's tottaly different), 4,52mb/s O.O

I have used ACE1 and it was awesome! Sadly here, installation seems a bit more complicated for the "average Joe" :)

I guess like many others, I will have to wait for till ACE release a simple exe installer similar to ACE1. But looks great (from videos anyway!) :)

Guy's right now I'm uploading the @ACE mod folders in a .rar archive at filefront. It's 109mb large but it's packed just like most other Mods. Just unpack the Mod folder and place the proper userconfig in the main A2 directory.

I'm not sure if this will work as normal but it's worth a try. I hope this is alright with the ACE2 team, if not let me know. I'm only doing ACE2, not ACEX.

Hopefully someone else can get that beast up.(It's 1.09Gb unpacked)

The filefront upload will take a while. Assuming my internet connection holds. The Blizzard keeps cutting it out.

There has been only 1, and we do not intend to release more than 1 a day, and even "near" daily, means, probably not even every day. ;)

Can i push you for a designated time window for an update release? at least that way we will get a head up when it's gonna happen ;)

The tripwires: Place something with it.(claymore, etc.) Then just walk up to it and look at it, like you do when opening a crate. when you have the crosshair on it look in the action menu. An option to deploy tripwire will show(with some other options), select it then move to where you want to stop the tripwire and look at the ground, select the end tripwire action. That's it.

The EASA module:

Need more info. What are you trying to do? It doesn't work doesn't help us much. Just do a thread search or check the ACE2 features BIKI, it's all in there.

Here's the thread search for EASA. There's set up info there:

http://forums.bistudio.com/search.php?searchid=565587

And here:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Features_of_ACE2#EASA_.28module.29

Thanks, yeah sorry, should be more specific. I was trying to arm a plane with a nuke but couldn't even get the module to do anything.

I had the following:

Me (rifleman), an A-10 (empty, stationary) inside a hanger, and an EASA module sitting beside it. In the init of the EASA module I had:

this setVariable["NUKES", 1]; this setVariable["NoHangar", 1];

Before I had the nohanger part in it gave me an error, it couldn't find any hangers, so I put that in, no errors but I couldn't find any actions on or in the plane, nor could I find the "large trailer" that is mentioned in the wiki, should I synchronize the module to something?

With the mines I wasn't being accurate enough, got that working.

Thanks for your help.

There has been only 1 update since release.

I feel your pains, and it is exactly why we have setup the Six Updater Suite.

http://dev-heaven.net/news/show/237

I've run the updater. All mods have been checked and only ACEX was updated. The update procedure was successful and ended as expected without any errors. This happened both on my client and server.

However, upon being notified that there was a mismatch, checked the version file and noticed it was 182.

So ran the updater once again and only then some more files were updated and version.txt now shows 183.

So practically it is 2 updates for the server although it seems to be related to a bug/issue about mirrors/checkprocedure or updating.

:(

PS..the problem with updating daily is -> not all servers managed 24/7 as updating requires a procedure of stopping the server and running the updater.

Edited by Cross

Thanks, yeah sorry, should be more specific. I was trying to arm a plane with a nuke but couldn't even get the module to do anything.

I had the following:

Me (rifleman), an A-10 (empty, stationary) inside a hanger, and an EASA module sitting beside it. In the init of the EASA module I had:

Before I had the nohanger part in it gave me an error, it couldn't find any hangers, so I put that in, no errors but I couldn't find any actions on or in the plane, nor could I find the "large trailer" that is mentioned in the wiki, should I synchronize the module to something?

With the mines I wasn't being accurate enough, got that working.

Thanks for your help.

this setVariable["NUKES", 1]; this setVariable["NoHangar", true];

I think it's "true", not one "1" for the No Hanger part. Try that. FOr nukes make sure it's a US plane, park it right next to the trailer, hop out and walk up to it and select "Change loadout" from action menu.

I hope this helps.