Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Ok there is something I am missing here... When I go into documents/ArmA 2/missions folder and add scripts to them they are not working? Why? Has my usermissions folder changed or something?

Are the scripts working without ACE?

...if I try to just add the -mod=@ACE;@ACEX;@CBA command line to my ded server icon and run it I get this:

"Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found"

and the server won't run.

I ran into this with my client install. It was a result of an incomplete CBA folder (my intial CBA d/l was buggered and for some reason the updater wasn't catching it). I re-downloaded CBA from Armaholic again and manually installed the components, then re-ran the updater.

Good luck with it.

Did ACE2 change the colors more darker or is it just my imagination ?

It felt somehow different and better. Not so cartoony bright like in vanilla.

Vopsound also isn't needed anymore. Love the new distant gunfire and explosion sounds.

Hi guys.

I have a question. I'm remaping some of the ACE 2 key bindings editing the "ace_keys.hpp" file, and I just wanted to know how can I change the SHIFT key used in addition of other keys, so I want it to be LEFT ALT. Is it enough to type "lalt=1" instead of "shift=1"? Which should be the correct form, lalt, altl, leftalt, alt?

thanks a lot!

Edited by nightmoist

how does the server checek client version of mode i mean @ACE>addons>...pbos are enough ? or tahat rsynch v.s. folders reguired.Ä° am uloading the pbos manually,its not an dedi so there is no way to run the uptader ?

and is tehre a way to see which pbos are uptated ? i am redaing them on isx-uptader screen maybe exporting it to that chagend pbo list to txt file ?

Edited by snakedoctor34

awesome mod! ive managed to get everything working and running! however every server ive played on is not updated to the lastest version of ACE, im in 183 all the servers are on 182. I get that constant msg popping up telling me. Should i revert back to 182(dont know how to) or wait till the admins patch their own servers?

yes they are the normal scripts that I have been using... basically just addweapon scripts. I have changed my userconfig to so I am recognized by ACE. I am not getting any type of "cannot find script", it seems that the init script that i am using isnt loading.

Hi, im terribly sorry about the confusion.

I'll try and sort that out soon too :)

The setup is 0.1.9, with six-rsync 0.2.4 (which contains fixes), six-launcher 0.1.7, six-updater 0.10.11, six-updater-web 0.1.3 libraries.

Okidoki, thx for the info.

Your team and you have made us a great Christmas present. :yay:

Thank you!

Sickboy...or anyone who may know. When I first downloaded the game by the instructional video (3rd one) and got it working i immediatekly went to the editor to check out the new guns in the AE ammo box, placed myself on the map and an ammo box and "previewed" myself and the new gun, then exited the game and created an desktop icon by using the option in the updater, then went in to the game and editor and now there is no PREVIEW button? i cant preview a mission, ammo box or anything? any ideas?

I finally got it to work. I dont know how but using the updater with the quick option put all the addons in my vanilla addon folder.... all is well apparently.. But the explosion sounds emit around the player. there is no directional sound....

Could please anyone tell me how the Loadmaster feature works?

No it doesn´t work with W or S for me

you have to place yourself as a unit....

Hello everyone i got a problem with installing ACE2 again with six updater after @ACE updates are done it says

ACEX:

Trying rsync://dev-heaven.net/rel/acex

Verifying packed files...

Many files mismatched <188> Running full update on .pack folder

I placed a simple unit.sqs script into my documents/ArmA 2/missions/missionname folder.

then i placed in the units init field this exec "unit.sqs"

When i preview mission it loads properly, but my unit still has the same weapon and obviously the script was not found. If that is so, wouldnt i get a 'cannot find unit.sqs script' before I previewed the mission?

Edited by Meatball0311

any ideas why no PREVIEW button in the editor now?

No "player" assigned.

Hello everyone i got a problem with installing ACE2 again with six updater after @ACE updates are done it says

ACEX:

Does it actually quit, is it stalled or will it actually continue if you leave it on for a while ? It might simply be busy, best to verify logs\six-updater.log ;)

Otherwise, might be caused by old version bugs, please check: http://dev-heaven.net/news/show/239

Also please double check firewall requirements etc: Technical-Specs

Edited by Sickboy

One question: I made a small BHD setup on avgani with SOM features triggered via radio (transportation, arti, recon etc) a couple of days ago. Now I added some ACE features, all is working as before except I cannot get any radio options when more than +-1 km away from my starting position (there´s a funny little B-HQ icon which I certainly didn´t put there, btw :p). Without ACE using the radio anywhere on the map and calling in support isn´t a problem...So, is this a ACE feature and I´ve to take one of the radio rucks?

How do I update the game if Six-Updater doesn't open the Web based UI? I've tried the Lazy way again but that doesn't update the mod. I've also updated Six-Updater to the latest and tried the "Update addressing issues" fix....

Anyone...?

ACEX:

I had the same message, but i just wait for about 30 minutes and everything worked fine. So, be patient my friend :P

Anyone...?

Please create a ticket and share logs, http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/issues

Thanks!

Jman;1509616']Kellys ACE YAS server synced the reflect the new ACE update.
Thank you very much!

That goes to everyone who's supporting us, we're receiving tremendous support with http/ftp/torrent mirrors, addon sync repositories, and atm even 7 hard-working rsync mirrors are up.

My, and i'm sure I speak for the whole team when I say, gratitude!

i have v0.1.9 Of sixupdater

It just gets stuck and does nothing

edit: Ok txalin thanks i will leave it for that time i waited around 15min but nothing so i though was stuck :)

although i wish there was a Setup which is alot easier :D

1) Tip: install ace acex and cba one at a time.

2) It's impossible to use spotting rifle on smaw if a handgun is in gear.