Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Hi

Im Frustrated about ACE2

Yeasterday instalation takes me 3 hours.Then i have CBA error and finaly im solved it.And now half of mod not working, when i try to place Bradley or M6A1 i get error and cant start game. some of ACE units have orginal guns not ACE.

Finaly thers nothing in the Russian special weapons and lunchers ammo box.

In basic RU weapons there only APS and SKS riflle.

In US weapon box glock 18 and m110 dont have recoil.

I just want know if enyone have this problems.

i am tring to enable radio chatter but in config clientsid it said remove "//" in front of #define i dont see any?:confused:

TO ENABLE: Remove the "//" in front of the #define to enable the NO VOICE, NO RADIO CHATTER feature. To disable, think vice versa.

----------

//////////////////////////////////////////////*/

#define ACE_NOVOICE

It's a bit confussing but actually if you add // radio chatter will work, if not there will be NOVOICE.

---

Some feedback: sandbags are too much of a hassle to setup right now, it would be nice if you add a menu like crewed weapons to fine-tune the setup or soemthing like that.

Edited by KNac

sure did. CBA ,Ace,Acex and running my beta folder patch all at one time.

I don't know if this will help, but I ran into that same issue the first time I tried playing it. But I have the steam version. Ace would launch out of the steam games list and every time I would get the same message you're having.

I "fixed it" by running the game from the desktop shortcut that came with the beta installation, adding the ace, etc to the target command line.

Mine doesn't update :( It says there are no updates available. Well, doing it twice apparently made it work ... OK, I'm happy with that :p

If someone with military knowledge could enlighten me about the bullet sizes/weights in ACE2 I'd appreciate it because it quite confuse me:

Does a 20 round 7.62x51mm rifle cartridge weigh less than a 9mm 15 round pistol clip??? :confused:

Now when I look closer, 5 loose rounds of 7.62x51mm ammo weigh 0.12kg and a box of 20 rounds weigh 0.25kg... It does not compute :p

Guys how do you put on a gas mask?

Also, there was a device that measured wind speed, where to find it?

Guys from the ACE Mod Team! You've done an excellent job! It it awesome!:yay: Just want to thank you very very much fo your Mod! It is a very nice gift to the upcoming Christmas and a New Year! So I wish you all the best in these upcoming holidays!!:)

I don't remember seeing new sounds mentioned on the wiki page. What sounds does Ace2 add? Are they comprehensive? Or could I use it on top of Vopsound?

First of all, great job :) Very impressive. And personally I think the updater works great, and is actually quite simple. The ADHD generation just cant stand more than 5 seconds to set something up.

I just upgraded though to the update that was released a short while ago, and it seems no server has been updated - that i can find - is it possible to disable the popup that pretty much prevents game play, that informs me that im out of date? Or, alternatively, anyone know any server that is updated in the last 45 mins too? :P

You dirty dirty Guys! What kind of picture is that when refueling a Plane? Shame on you :D

it seems no server has been updated - that i can find

[RIP] server has been updated 217.146.93.75:2301 [RIP] ACE

Just wish I could get the updater on my client to work so I could test it, rather than just hang as it goes though it's checks after one maximum connections. No errors in log so no idea what it's doing.

Edited by BearBison

If someone with military knowledge could enlighten me about the bullet sizes/weights in ACE2 I'd appreciate it because it quite confuse me:

Does a 20 round 7.62x51mm rifle cartridge weigh less than a 9mm 15 round pistol clip??? :confused:

Now when I look closer, 5 loose rounds of 7.62x51mm ammo weigh 0.12kg and a box of 20 rounds weigh 0.25kg... It does not compute :p

Make a ticket.

Nothing gets done without tickets, that goes for everyone.

First of all I apologize if this has been asked, but I am at work and don't have time to read through all 114 pages of this thread to find out and search just sends me to the thread not the page.

I run a small private dedicated server for my group and we want to run this new ACE2 mod. Now we have the client side working and I have installed everything on my gaming machine (client) and my server machine (Ded server) exactly the same.

First issue is I do not know how to start up a ded server with the addon sync or what to setup.

Second if I try to just add the -mod=@ACE;@ACEX;@CBA command line to my ded server icon and run it I get this:

"Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found"

and the server won't run.

Is there a detailed step by step guide to setup a ded server?

Are CQB sights working at all? Could soemoen give me ane xample of a gun using one cause I've tried several and I dont even think its working.

First update is a fact. Run your updater to fetch the changes.

Well I successfully installed the updater yesterday and it wasnt as hard as many claimed it to be...

However I need more than "run your updater" because I dont understand a thing of it :(

I ran option #2 - the updater started updating, but everything else stated it was up to date (182 version in the ingame menu).

I tried option #1 just because "web" sounded interesting in terms of updating - it just goes to a page where I cant do anything.

Then I tried #51 because it was the only thing left that seemed to have anything to do with it - it comes to a selection screen on the same page as #1 but when hitting execute it doesnt do anything other than just prints headlines and says enter to continue.

Second if I try to just add the -mod=@ACE;@ACEX;@CBA command line to my ded server icon and run it I get this:

"Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found"

and the server won't run.

I had that just running the game, not sure what made it go away though ...

Quoting this due to updated details, currently the auto-update of the software isn't cooperating with me :P

(Reminder: The software got updated to fix up issues ppl were having.

Auto-update should take care of it.

Throw this file in your six-updater folder and run option #2 (looking into what's up with auto update of the software atm)

As last resort: 0.1.9, latest atm

)

First update is a fact. Run your updater to fetch the changes.

ACE updated to build 183.

ACEX updated to build 150.

Tickets related to this build:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6613

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6618

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6624

Some internal improvements and fixes included.

Thanks all for reports!

Edited by Sickboy

Well I successfully installed the updater yesterday and it wasnt as hard as many claimed it to be...

However I need more than "run your updater" because I dont understand a thing of it :(

I ran option #2 - the updater started updating, but everything else stated it was up to date (182 version in the ingame menu).

I tried option #1 just because "web" sounded interesting in terms of updating - it just goes to a page where I cant do anything.

Then I tried #51 because it was the only thing left that seemed to have anything to do with it - it comes to a selection screen on the same page as #1 but when hitting execute it doesnt do anything other than just prints headlines and says enter to continue.

You'll need your "@ACE.7z", "@ACEX.7z" and "@CBA.7z" files in the updater directory though, mine is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Six-Updater". Use option #1, then when it takes you to the web page, click on "configuration" then click on "synchronize" when it takes you to the next page. You'll need to set up your mods, go to "presets" in the sub menu of "configuration", then, click edit on beta or vanilla, scroll down and select your mods, add "@ACE", "@ACEX", "@CBA" and then press update down the bottom. After that, click on main over on the right, select your mode (vanilla or beta - whatever you put the mods on) and select "install or update" and then it should pop up a cmd window, it'll display a list of pbo's after a bit and you should be right.

It's not as hard as I first thought, the thing is though, it's so un-intuitive and a single mistake in any of the many steps involved means it doesn't work, and doesn't tell you why :(

Anyway, hope this helps.

Edited by LJF

a quick question i installed files on Vannila With Beta downloading with it and i want to start it with Beta cause i got Issues with CTD"s but it likely give an error on startup called

"No entry'.profilepathDefault". any ideas ?

Are CQB sights working at all? Could soemoen give me ane xample of a gun using one cause I've tried several and I dont even think its working.

Yeah I didn't either but they work and are awesome -you just have to pick the right unit/gun.

Under Blufor>Cou>Cougar>Rifleman scrim (Don't know where I got this guy)

He's got a cool G36 with working CQB sights.

I've been completely unable to start the installer. As soon as i start it, it ctds with the following message:

Error loading gem paths on load path in gem_prelude

code converter not found <IBM737 to UTF-8 with universal_newline>

<internal:gem_prelude>:302: in 'read'

<internal:gem_prelude>:302: in 'block in push_all_highest_version_gems_on_load_path'

<internal:gem_prelude>:300: in 'each_value'

<internal:gem_prelude>:300: in 'push_all_highest_version_gems_on_load_path'

<internal:gem_prelude>:344: in 'compiled'

OS Windows XP 32bit. Help please.

You'll need your "@ACE.7z", "@ACEX.7z" and "@CBA.7z" files in the updater directory though, mine is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Six-Updater". Use option #1, then when it takes you to the web page, click on "configuration" then click on "synchronize" when it takes you to the next page. You'll need to set up your mods, go to "presets" in the sub menu of "configuration", then, click edit on beta or vanilla, scroll down and select your mods, add "@ACE", "@ACEX", "@CBA" and then press update down the bottom. After that, click on main over on the right, select your mode (vanilla or beta - whatever you put the mods on) and select "install or update" and then it should pop up a cmd window, it'll display a list of pbo's after a bit and you should be right.

It's not as hard as I first thought, the thing is though, it's so un-intuitive and a single mistake in any of the many steps involved means it doesn't work, and doesn't tell you why :(

Anyway, hope this helps.

Well some quick fiddling and I found a simpler way: I just installed the 0.1.9 updater and re-ran it (without the gz files in the updater dir btw). and now it seems to be fetching updates.

The updater still states 0.1.7 though, someone forgot to change it? :)

@sickboy: now i got nearly every ACE2 Feature working...our Server is up and running fine till yesterday. BUT: i can't get these goggles to work and i can't find whats wrong.

Are you sure it works with something in your name except letters? the part of my /userconfig/ACE/ace_clientside_config.hpp look like this:

class Identity
{
face="Face89";
glasses="None";
speaker="Male04";
squad="http://home.htp-tel.de/agerber/arma2/squad.xml";
pitch=0.93334132;
name="Dr.Pulp";
};

i copied everything except the name (i wrote it on my own ;-))

and not to just ask question all the time:

THX for the great Mod! loved WGL, loved ACE and will surely love ACE2 :D