Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Sorry, I mean in init line/scripting... not ingame. Sorry for not being clear. I wanted to add to my AI units. wanted to test whether the AI will use the extra ammo in their pack or not

I documented some rucksack functions yesterday here.

Hello mates!

At the beginning big respect and tnx for the ACE2' devs team. Awesome work

and now i would like to describe you my problem.

I installed everything like in guide and it seems to be ok but :

1)when im launching sixuptader with "2" arma2 is launching but when im going to check new staff in editor nothing new happens

2)when im launching sixuptader with "21" (print screen)

http://img5.imageshack.us/i/55086124.jpg/

everything seems to stand and one moment

and here is my question: this uptade takes much time or i did something wrong and my uptade is standing in one place

Do you use any special firewall/antivirus software?

If so, the tech specs are here: Technical-Specs

It lists which exe files and what ports are used.

If you are using Bitdefender AV; This bastard could be the problem too :P

Edited by Sickboy

Woohoo.. Thanks for a great mod.

But how do i shoot? I cant aim or shoot most rifles?? Must have forgotten something?

i have only w7's firewall and i allowed acces on six uptader + nod32 av. i have router so maybe this is the problem and i should do some port forwarding stuff?

Its funny you say that but the mod folders were running ^^ lol. well what ever happened it seems fixed now lol!

ok check this out Sickboy please.

uptade seems to be done properly but after it arma2 launching but its only arma2 . i dont see any signs of uber 1337 ACE2 . any help?

You don't get ACE loading screens ? Please create a ticket and attach your logfiles (read below how)

i have only w7's firewall and i allowed acces on six uptader + nod32 av. i have router so maybe this is the problem and i should do some port forwarding stuff?
Nope, no portforwarding :)

All it needs to do is allow the outgoing connection, that's all.

Please double check, both ruby.exe and rsync.exe are in the exclusion list of your firewall.

If all fails, try a reboot, see if it helps anything.

If still problems, please setup a ticket, and attach the logfiles (logs are default located in: C:\Program Files\SIX-Updater\logs): http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/issues

Thanks!

Looks likeit is going to be as great if not greater than ACE1 in arma.

I am having a bit of NooB issues with installing ..

Can not be installed the usual way you install anyother mod?

If not, can anyone post a NooB guide how to install this mod ? I have tried following the directions on youtube but I am a bit confused of what goes where.

Thanks the hardwork.

I'm so giddy, I can't believe I'm at work right now....

I've been drooling over the videos that have been trickling out

Thanks so much for all the hard work

Hello.

I'm getting a strange thing happening, I shoot UAZ gunners and they don't die...Anyone having the same problem?

Ok, some initial feedback from limited play testing. :)

I used Yoma's addon sync for it - the same as the A1 downloader (after upgrading the version). It really went pretty smoothly. Fast pipe, no real config issues, but I haven't started tweaking it yet, either. ;)

First, it looks like JTD mods still work with it. The civ traffic seemed unaffected, as did the fire and smoke, although I didn't look at the propagation stuff.

Second, it broke something with the modules. I ran a JTD challenge mission (something we put together for internal playtesting basically) and got more or less the same gameplay as before. (Except - I think ACE did something to the AI to have them take up house positions?) Oh - but what it broke was the dragging. The mission was set up to have the battlefield clearance. But, I couldn't drag the opfor that I'd killed, to get them out of the way.

Third, it felt like a bit of an FPS hit. Not bad at all, just noticeable. Could also be ameliorated in the betas (I was running it on stock 1.04).

Fourth, I wasn't getting some of the features. I know ACE was running because it was spamming the rpt. :) (And, I got the ACE loading screen.) But, I was having the same problems with the key strokes. Didn't spend much time reading the last 60 pages of the thread, or trying to sort it out myself.

Fifth, it looks like a brave new world for mission makers. :D Some very interesting looking modules added with the AE logo. Although, one of them is blank, so I don't know what that means. :D

Oh, and I noticed some blood effects as more pronounced. Can't really quantify it, though, just kinda a feeling.

So, while I'm more than a little reluctant to commit to the community-STEAM implementation, it did work for me. And, just like ACE1, this will become a must-have addon.

Hope this helps.

@Sickboy -why not post about the Userconfig on either the first page or the FAQ link? This has got to be the most asked (and answered) question on this thread with no signs of slowing down.

Thanks again to Rocko and the whole team for bringing this little gem to us.

@Sickboy -why not post about the Userconfig on either the first page or the FAQ link? This has got to be the most asked (and answered) question on this thread with no signs of slowing down.

Thanks again to Rocko and the whole team for bringing this little gem to us.

Basically because it doesn't matter where I put it. Everyone will ask anyway, otherwise they'd be using the "Search this thread" function :D

Could we have a more accurate definition of what's implemented and wht's still WIP.Because I dunno if I see a bug or if it is not yet implemented.

for exemple : - I see no cartridge on ground is it bug ?

-big explosion are not doing craters like said in the wiki

-I can't get the M2 Sadarm to detonate

i can't get the goggles to work. i copied the part from my profile into the file from userconfig...added my name...but nothing!

do i have to set glasses to none in order for it to work? Doesn't it like Nicknames with something else than letters?

@Pulp: Make sure you edit Userconfig\ACE, and not @ACE\Userconfig

Could we have a more accurate definition of what's implemented and wht's still WIP.Because I dunno if I see a bug or if it is not yet implemented.

Bug reports: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues

Also contains feature requests and others. Anything not Closed/Rejected, is ongoing.

Anything not reported, is very welcome to get reported.

Anything already reported, is very welcome to add details, if you have new ones :)

Thanks.

PS: Roadmap overview might be useful: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/roadmap/ace-mod2

It's a beta, so technically everything is still WIP.

But to answer your questions:

-Cartrigdes aren't implemented yet

-Not even really big stuf like bombs? Satchels aren't powerful enough.

-Did you remove the safety on the SLAM? You cannot manually detonate them.

Sickboy

Ok mate sixuptader is working nicely and i did the uptade . but after it still only arma2 main menu instead of any sign of ACE2.

send six uptader and six uptader-web logs or only one of them?

Is there a way to force ACE2 into English? I got German version of ArmA II that has the forced language so that I have to use language mods, but of course they don't apply to the ACE2.

Sickboy

Ok mate sixuptader is working nicely and i did the uptade . but after it still only arma2 main menu instead of any sign of ACE2.

send six uptader and six uptader-web logs or only one of them?

Did you add the mods to your shortcut?