Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Important Updater Bug Fixed!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1509219&postcount=1046

ok Sickboy i fixed it

im sorry i took your time :) please deleted also my issue

(the problem was that i didnt copy ace,acex,cba to core arma2 folder )

Tnx one more time and i wish You good luck on future projects over ACE2

No that wasnt the problem. See link above.

The flashlights on the weapons are not right placed when you tilt you gun up and down. Or is it client side?

Still WIP.

How do we make the tactical flashlights on rifles work?

Get a rifle with a flashlight and press L by default.

Just installed MOD -Excellent Playing.

However, when I go to revert to a saved position, I get the following message:

"You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted .weapons."

I have no idea what it means.

Any suggestions?

Still WIP.

Roger..

Anyway, thanx for the good work, it's a wonderfull mod, shit i almost shitted my pants yesterday when we were playing domination and something exploded and i got tinnitus and was thrown to the ground. Pure joy!

thanks to the ACE team!

thats an really awesome modification youve made there.

the updater isnt bad either ;)

ill never play without ACE2 again!

This thread has gone ballistic so dont yell at me if this has been asked. Cant get the ranging data to come up with M203. Im hitting Shift-Num0 and all the happens is my view magnifies. What am I doing wrong.

Also is directional sound working. We played the villians mission and when in combat the AI opened up on us about about 200 yards. Their rifle fire sounded like it was right next to us however instead of off in the distance and we couldnt tell what direction it was coming from.

Important update

Remember guys, you can install much faster if you first download the 7z files, put those in your updater folder, etc!

So true.

Also, I'd like thank you gentlemen for taking your precious personal time to make this happen for us.

If someone is kind enough to share common mod folder method for installing this, it would be much appreciated. Looking at posts in this thread, there are many who are having "technical" diffuclty with the updater :confused:

This thread has gone ballistic so dont yell at me if this has been asked. Cant get the ranging data to come up with M203. Im hitting Shift-Num0 and all the happens is my view magnifies. What am I doing wrong.

Shift+V is the correct key combo.

Does he ever read anything? ;) You are a god for helping all these people. It would be nice to see people use the thread search to make your job a ton easier but that doesn't seem to be their MO.

Much thanks to you bud!

Try Shift-V. Also grenade launchers can now be adjusted for range with arrow up/arrow down keys (similar to AT launchers).

If someone is kind enough to share common mod folder method for installing this, it would be much appreciated. Looking at posts in this thread, there are many who are having "technical" diffuclty with the updater :confused:

Find kolokai! He mentioned he was setting up a mirror with just the mod folders. Search the thread for his name. I'm pretty sure that was it.

EDIT: I think his name was something else. Spelled it wrong.

Apologies as I'm sure these have been covered before but I've been searching and reading through this behemoth of a thread and it's just been causing my head to explode. :butbut:

First, how do I redefine the control bound to the windows key? I don't seem to have a working right windows key. Least not in games.

Second what is the default key to use gasmasks, glasses and that sort of thing?

Once again sorry to ask questions that have probably already been answered but if I read one more post asking about how to install the mod my face is going to melt like one of those dudes in Indiana Jones.

Everyone Ready for the first, EVER, Public Update Cycle then ?

It's countdown-time! Next 1-2 hours :D

Apologies as I'm sure these have been covered before but I've been searching and reading through this behemoth of a thread and it's just been causing my head to explode. :butbut:

First, how do I redefine the control bound to the windows key? I don't seem to have a working right windows key. Least not in games.

Second what is the default key to use gasmasks, glasses and that sort of thing?

Once again sorry to ask questions that have probably already been answered but if I read one more post asking about how to install the mod my face is going to melt like one of those dudes in Indiana Jones.

Howto for gasmasks is in the FAQ.

To remap the controls, go to your arma2\userconfig\ace\ace_keys.hpp file and edit it.

Hi All,

I Love @ACE !!!

I have a question;

Is it normal when i Play a hear every think but Not The VOICE ?

Or it's only a my problem ?

Thank's For help

Hi All,

I Love @ACE !!!

I have a question;

Is it normal when i Play a hear every think but Not The VOICE ?

Or it's only a my problem ?

Thank's For help

Been mentioned.

Go to your arma2\userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp

Find kolokai! He mentioned he was setting up a mirror with just the mod folders. Search the thread for his name. I'm pretty sure that was it.

EDIT: I think his name was something else. Spelled it wrong.

Let me know ifyou find out his name or anyone else using the mod folder method.

Thanks.

Well if ACE mod dev team wanted to alienate potential players, they certainly succeeded in this with Six updater :icon_rolleyes:

Im man enough to admit my mistakes :D Took a closer look and managed to figure out how Six Updater works. Simplicity in its most basic form. Sorry for being a douche earlier:blush:

Been mentioned.

Go to your arma2\userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp

Thank's MANZILLA !!!

:bounce3:

Im man enough to admit my mistakes :D Took a closer look and managed to figure out how Six Updater works. Simplicity in its most basic form. Sorry for being a douche earlier:blush:

Thanks ! *Hug* :)

That's nice to read. Others check his post out. I thought it sucked as well but after figuring it out it's pretty damn nice way to do things.

Anatema,

My pleasure. Enjoy this wicked Mod!

Ok, I've installed it through the sixupdater! Great! But I have a question: How to check for updates? Do I have to perform all the steps again? I mean in the installator.