Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

I see in Wiki there's talk about Pilots blacking out in ACE2. Im yet to see this feature. Is it in effect yet?

Air to ground at the moment for fast movers could be better in my opinion. A-10 can only carry 2 mavericks? What up with that when the AH64 can carry 12? Lets see more MAvs on the A-10 please.

Edited by [Ice]

;1520012']I see in Wiki there's talk about Pilots blacking out in ACE2. Im yet to see this feature. Is it in effect yet?

Air to ground at the moment for fast movers could be better in my opinion. A-10 can only carry 2 mavericks? What up with that when the AH64 can carry 12? Lets see more MAvs on the A-10 please.

Use the EASA module, you can carry as many as the plane can.

A question on stamina: does blacking out mean sustained periods of unconsciousness or simply falling down and being unable to move for several seconds?

Because I have experienced the latter while trying to sprint the Utes runway with a heavy load. The reviled stamina system, which I expected to dislike because of its heavy-handed nature, seems very reasonable so far. I can run almost endlessly with a rifle and a light load of ammo, but taking a SMAW with three rockets and M16 clips on top of that leaves me winded and blinking after 800m uphill, forcing me to walk.

And do any jets come equipped with countermeasures by default? I expected to find them under weapons but did not.

It could've been that my character laid down a couple of times because of this (Although it could've been from running uphill as well). Although I'm not sure about that, the character did indeed have sustained periods of unconsciousness (0,5-1 sec long).

I've noticed in the latest update there are original BIS weapons sounds now, almost as if the sound replacement doesn't exist.

Is this intentional as the sound pack was awesome?

I've noticed in the latest update there are original BIS weapons sounds now, almost as if the sound replacement doesn't exist.

Intentional :) The soundmod is available now as @ACEX_SM.

I tried searching but gave up due to 1000's of posts in this thread.

A question:

The "No Stamina" module is it supposed to disable the stamina system? If so how does it work?

I tried just adding the module, no luck.

I tried adding the module and synchronize it to the group leader, no luck.

I tried synchronize it to all units, no luck.

It seems like this module isn't working but there's a simple solution for those who for whatever reasons wanna disable the Stamina system:

add ACE_NoStaminaEffects = true; to your init.sqf

Huh? they removed it??:eek: I have no idea why they would've done that if it's true what you're saying:(

EDIT: 3 posts in the time I was writing this message, NVM this message;)

It seems like this module isn't working but there's a simple solution for those who for whatever reasons wanna disable the Stamina system:

add ACE_NoStaminaEffects = true; to your init.sqf

Well, it's not that I dislike the whole system, I'd think it's realistic in some way. But, I'd think it should be reset after you've been killed.

Edited by ubermachtig

EASA module for nukes broken? Wonder if this is correct: This setVariable["NoHangar", true]; This setVariable["NUKES", true];

Tested without NoHangar as well but no luck. I know this worked before so im guessing im doing it wrong? The problem is that the loadout screen gets *all* loadout slots visible, and there is nothing i can chose in them. All i can do is press DEFAULT LOADOUT or exit.

EDIT: Forgot to mention it is the NUKE option that breaks the function.

Edited by Alex72

Good vid showing tacticals in use.

Pilot's first try was a dive-bomb which did not go well for him. The second try was far better and good BDA.

If you use low-drag mode - turn away at max speed after release. Having the bomb coasting along underneath you is a BAD THING. :butbut:

For lay-down mode, come in low and fast for best accuracy. 200m AGL has done been about right for me. Afterburners are not a bad idea after release either.

Troops in the area. Mind the average wind direction, after a while you'll be dealing with fallout so check your maps now and then. Radiation takes time to kill you, but who wants to die needlessly?

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

EASA module for nukes broken? Wonder if this is correct: This setVariable["NoHangar", true]; This setVariable["NUKES", true];

Tested without NoHangar as well but no luck. I know this worked before so im guessing im doing it wrong? The problem is that the loadout screen gets *all* loadout slots visible, and there is nothing i can chose in them. All i can do is press DEFAULT LOADOUT or exit.

EDIT: Forgot to mention it is the NUKE option that breaks the function.

Value for nuclear weapons is 1/0, not true/false. Quirk of the EASA author. :)

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Features_of_ACE2#Options

Edited by Evil_Echo

Value for nuclear weapons is 0/1, not true/false. Quirk of the EASA author.

Ah ok! thank you for that Echo. :)

I have a question;

What happened to MP5A5 and MP5A5 SD version models? Why did you remove them?

Also there's this machinegun (can't recall it's name but I know that it has G36 base but machinegun version) which still has that old crappy G36 vanilla sound...

They didn't remove that weapons.

They are all at the USA special weapons ammocreate :D

@substitute, could you close the game, go back to your desktop, start up ArmA2 again and then resume that same saved game that keys don't work again and let us know what happens please?

Same thing happens. Key bindings still don't function even if I exit the whole game. If I restart the mission the keys work again so I quess it has something to do with loading saved games.

They didn't remove that weapons.

They are all at the USA special weapons ammocreate :D

OK, here read my post with highlights this time...

What happened to MP5A5 and MP5A5 SD ACE version models? Why did you remove them?

I know that models are there, but Vanilla ones are there instead of ACE ones which were much better IMO...

I'm sorry if this has been asked already but CN gas and flashbangs don't work. They don't appear as selectable.

Are they even fully implemented yet?

I'm sorry if this has been asked already but CN gas and flashbangs don't work. They don't appear as selectable.

Yes, they work and are fully implemented

You probably have a sound mod that overrides the muzzles, and possibly has other config issues.

Please disable it and retry. The soundmods available on the Six Updater platform are all tested and verified.

Damn! I haven't got the time to test ACE 2 yet but just wanted to thank the whole ACE team for your hard work and dedication!

Happy Holidays to each and everyone of you and this great community is "infested" with very talented people for sure!

/KC

Thank you Sickboy for making the SixUpdater even easier. Huge kudos to you all in the ACE team. This makes it even easier when i have to tell mates how to install ACE2. :)

I mean: Download and install the SixUpdater. Press "1". A site opens and you click "MAIN". You choose ACE or ACE + A2 Beta from the drop down and click EXECUTE. Done!

Amazing work guys.

Regards

Alex

I like ACE having conflict with other mods forcing players to only use what comes with the mod so all players play under the same conditions. :D

You probably have a sound mod that overrides the muzzles, and possibly has other config issues.

Please disable it and retry. The soundmods available on the Six Updater platform are all tested and verified.

I had Vopsound and removing it restored functionality. :yay: