Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

ACE team: I was going to post this in the BETA patching thread but i halted cause i wasnt sure BIS implemented this in the last beta or if it was you guys.

Was Kju's draw distance addon implemented into ACE2? Im wondering cause im not using it but can see the buildings in the horizon wich i only could do with his addon. :) And ofcourse i love it. I never had any FPS drop with it.

But is it ACE2 or the latest beta that gave it to us? (yeah im too damn lazy to start my 1.04 game lol). Seriously though it would be fun to know. :)

Alex

From BI beta log:

[60522] Improved: Longer view distance for objects when high view distance is used.

Hi all I got it going and as I knew its the best but we all knew it would be.

I was looking in the list of rucks and had seen this

ACE_GlassesBlackSun

and

ACE_Earplugs

can i use these? if so how.

btw thanks you so much for this mod and we must not forget BI who made it poss in the first place.

I wonder if a further update option could be implemented: installed components only? I'll most likely prune some stuff away that I don't require but I don't wish for them to reappear each update.

Woohoo, after 2 days of broken auto-update of the software, the issue has been resolved!

http://dev-heaven.net/news/show/241

Above news item also lists the key fixes/changes.

In the next days I hope to be concentrating on web-client issues.

Got the latest version, and it's now working seamlessly for me in Firefox. Thanks for your work on the updater/front end.

Just want to say thank you to Sickboy and the ACE team. This is an incredible mod. Your passion for your work shines and you should all be proud, but I applaud your patience above all.

Reading some of the hateful comments people are making is shocking to me. It is evident, even to a noob such as myself, how much effort has gone into this. I wish people would think about that effort and give a little of their own before they post.

Khugan

guys who can help me please :confused: I can join to servers Domi ACE :( have this massage : BattLeye client not responding The first day I played normal! Today catastrophe((

guys who can help me please :confused: I can join to servers Domi ACE :( have this massage : BattLeye client not responding The first day I played normal! Today catastrophe((

have you applied the latest beta patch?

i found a bug of sorts

1. when you start a mission if your unit has a pistol he will automatically switch to it

plus i have no voices at all is this a bug aswell?

Edited by That guy Over there

Did you install the latest beta patch and battleye?

sorry i can use goggles/glasses etc i modded me user profile right away to use these hehe.

what i want to know can i use the black glasses and the earplugs as i dont seem to see them in any box?

I downloaded the very first version of ACE! the first day! tells where to download this update? Thanks

(sorry for bad english)

i found a bug of sorts

1. when you start a mission if your unit has a pistol he will automatically switch to it

Report it in the ACE2 bug tracker. Reporting bugs here is pointless, too many posts coming in. The Devs check the tracker like the bible.

I downloaded the very first version of ACE! the first day! tells where to download this update? Thanks

(sorry for bad english)

Run the SIX Updater you installed, type 2 and press enter.

I'm running the 60588 beta patch, but I'm getting this fps drops even with less then 50 AI, that's why I find it strange. It's purely a difference between ACE and vanilla, when running the same beta patch I get huge differences in fps.

Is there a way to change other more values then the empty bullet cases? (I changed those, but I've never seen bullet cases, so I guess the fps problem is not related to them)

EDIT: I'm not using the dev-heaven, because I don't know if this is my problem only, or a generalized one.

Ok, it seems that I'm not alone in this fps drop problem. This was posted in another forums:

After playing it a little bit last night, I'm not really a fan. All sorts of stuff is broken, the missions included with it lag like crazy, and it for some reason crushes my FPS (thought I might have found a fix for that). I'm sure it'll be great once the file version comes out, but it doesn't really seem worth it in Beta form.

I'm going to open a ticket at dev-heaven, to see if I get any feedback there, since I'm no longer alone in this.

Daniel;1510504']Run the SIX Updater you installed' date=' type [b']2[/b] and press enter.

I think his problem is missing BattleEye :)

sorry i can use goggles/glasses etc i modded me user profile right away to use these hehe.

what i want to know can i use the black glasses and the earplugs as i dont seem to see them in any box?

Yes you can use them.

No they aren't in any boxes.

man that is so cool ok im off to learn how to add em to a box etc?.

Sure he isn't asking for the latest update for ACE2?

Think his asking about both :P

I was reffering to this:

:)

BIS Added BattleEye to the latest Betas. ArmA 2 Beta Mod folder updated, with Setup_BattlEyeARMA.exe

All those with battle eye messages, please run that setup, it will be in Beta folder, after running the updater process again.

Edited by Sickboy

This is due to server has the battleye turned on.

BattleEye is ON by default for those using beta.

Server admins MUST modify & add BattleEye=0 into their server.cfg if they wish to turn BE off.

Try switching to another server..a non-beta server