Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

yes i know that it isnt an error . and i followed this step mention in link you gave but still 'server reached maximum connections'

Will you boost server capacity Sickboy?:)

Please create a ticket and attach six-updater.log, because most mirrors have free slots available :D

Working hard on expanding the network, but all my servers are already in use, so it's up to 3rd parties who like to support us :)

Edited by Sickboy

how to use fastropes? i tried syncing fastrope module to the MH60s and the pilot and me(the crew chief) and there is no way to use fastropes

and how to use parachute? i don't have eject option for the helicopter and there is no way to get out of the heli in the air

Edited by NMDANNY

A workaround for the problem of version mismatch between server/client could be this:

if versions are 5 builds apart only warnings etc. should be disabled.

Then you add an extra atribute for when you release an important build where something gameplay related (i.e. weapon accuracy or ballistics) is released, then server & client must be the same version (or higher, but never less).

This would help server admins not having to upgrade everyday, specially when updates are mostlly clien-side related and/o the patch won't give an advantage to different versions. If it does then you 'enable' the special atribute and the check would be forced.

Don't know if it does make sense with my terrible english, but is an idea.

OMG I am in love with the aiming shot for the SMAW! BEST THING EVER!!

I giggle each time i use it.

Its worth the download just for this!

I have setup an RSS feed to give out information regarding our Yoma Addon Sync 2009 repository status and the YAS ACE beta revision number to the community. Our ACE gameserver runs the same revision.

Kellys Heroes RSS Feed | kellys @ Feedburner

If there are any problems please goto our thread

Edited by [KH]Jman

MASSIVE ISSUE!

ACE has detected a missmatch bla bla bla

Server version 0.1.182

Client version 0.1.183

Please Get the latest ACE bla bla hep sjo.

WHAt THE FUCK CAN I DO ABOUT THAT! IT POPS UP EVERY 5 SECONDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND ITAS LOUD AS HELL!

Edited by Angle

I updated ACE and it removed the names from many objects and categories like grenades and the ammo crates section. I'm running the german version.

Perhaps the simplest solution would be if the team made it so that it flashed up a reminder once, and then didn't bother you again.

It's always going to be a problem that it's easier for clients to update to the very latest beta than servers.

MASSIVE ISSUE!

Server version 0.1.182

Client version 0.1.183

WHAt THE FUCK CAN I DO ABOUT THAT! IT POPS UP EVERY 5 SECONDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update your files.

Never mind, I misread the version numbers and assumed it was you with the older version, not the server.

Edited by MadDogX

Maddog: Or more specifically, ask the server owner to update it.

edit, beaten by Turin.

It's the other way around, he is updated, the server isn't.

Yeah, I caught that too late. I guess the version missmatch problem will pop up frequently during the beta phase, with the frequent patches and all. Nothing much we can do about it, except nag server owners to update frequently.

MASSIVE ISSUE!

Server version 0.1.182

Client version 0.1.183

WHAt THE FUCK CAN I DO ABOUT THAT! IT POPS UP EVERY 5 SECONDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND ITAS LOUD AS HELL!

It must be really hard to understand to warrant a big red letter post

Let's see

Server version 0.1.182

Client version 0.1.183

1.1.182 < 0.1.183

Conclusion : you're playing on a server which has not updated its ACE2 version yet. My suggestion would be to change server. The annoying noises will disappear, hopefully...

hope that helps ...

MASSIVE ISSUE!

Server version 0.1.182

Client version 0.1.183

Maybe you should get the latest version of ACE?

Again, he has the latest version, the server is not updated.

There's nothing that you can do about it I'm afraid, apart from notifying the server admins of the update.

The nagging error message is probably supposed to be so annoying, because playing with different versions may cause problems in online games. Since there is no way to block players with different ACE versions, they had to do the next best thing: annoy the heck out of you until you leave the server.

guys im a noob. int he CBA folder the stuff in the folder userconfig, where doe sit go? and dont say userconfig folder cos i cant find 1

Maybe so. But i cant really do anything about it. SO WHY THE HELL IS IT ANNOYING THE LIVING HELL OUT OF ME! Id understand it if i ran the older version but the server!!!! Why punish the shit out of me for running the newer version.

So dear ace dev. Open the code for that insane popup message and change the line.

if version != sever version: Annoy client to death

to

if version < sever version: Annoy client to death