Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

hey ppl, even when I put the

#define ACE_NOVICE

line into a comment [the "//" thing], it wont work, then I deleted the line competely, and there is still no voice...I know this has been talked about many thimes, so sorry, ut I am helpless

Did you edit userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp and not @ace\userconfig\ace_clientside_config.hpp?

Is there a way to disable ACE using certain pbo's server side? EG AI?

No. If there's a variable for it, yes, but you cannot remove/change any files.

Yes, I was referring to flares for aircraft.

Aircraft flares aren't implemented yet.

Thanks, all working now :) I wish those nukes had a little more blast radius though, seems like a lot of show for what it does.

It's a B61, what were you expecting, an ICBM? :p

My friend and i was playing ACE2 for a couple of hours this evening. However there are a few things that i dont know is cause ACE2 is Beta or the game is buggy...

1) Sometimes the A.I enemy lays "in the ground" behind a hill and shoot even though they shouldnt be able to see us?

2) Enemy can see us through forrest and bushes from faaaar away...

3) I was laying in the grass with a TAC-50 SD, shot an enemy and got lit up like a christmas tree and got killed instantly from 650 meters away.

When i later walked TALL shooting full auto against the enemy nobody noticed!

Whats wrong with this picture?

Any mods or something you can suggest to fix these kind of things?

#1 is the grass layer added in a beta patch

Rest are AI Bugs, you'll have to ask BIS to fix them.

I've got to say I love the idea of the rsync tool, and it works great once you've figured out how to use it, but I can understand why people are having trouble with it. A more compact and intuitive GUI application probably would have been better. :)
Thanks. But really guys, it's no news.

Announced all of it long before the release.

Anyone's free to join up, everything's open source, I dare anyone to do better :) Share your ideas!

Really, the technology first needed to be proven before I spend days of user-experience improvement 'fikken' (phun intended on 'pixelfikken') :)

Besides, I am actively supporting it everywhere and in every way I can, major improvements already made since the release, not even 2 days ago.

People have really no idea what is involved in all of this, and for free.

That's why I don't take it too seriously most of the time. Besides, anyone can provide alternate means of distribution, i'm just not going to support it.

It is my free time, blood, sweat and tears, and I'll decide what to do with it :)

Anyway, if a little work on users-end can't be expected, especially in it's Beta period, for a product of this magnitude, with such an alive development, then that is their loss.

Edited by Sickboy

Does anyone know how to add magazines into rucks from the editor, function that was used in ACE 1 doesn't seem to work anymore.

The stone is in vanilla ArmA2 as well ^^

LoL!

Never saw it before!!! :eek:

Anyway, I will make a MP mission where it will be the primary weapon for all the units :D

sorry for the OT ;)

Does anyone know how to add magazines into rucks from the editor, function that was used in ACE 1 doesn't seem to work anymore.

unit setVariable ["ACE_RuckMagContents", [["MagazineName",Amount]]];

After using the Yoma/Kelly's Heroes

solution at first - which unfortunately wasn't up-to-date, I finally got rsync working properly last night by installing the latest version and running it as admin. (UAC strikes again.) I guess it helps to actually read what it says in the dialogue. :D

Yoma/Kelly's Heroes AddonSync is working, and now is updated .:)

Edited by gulag

unit setVariable ["ACE_RuckMagContents", [["MagazineName",Amount]]];

Thanks, and does anyone know the class names for the chemlights and IR strobes? And is there anyway to tell from a scripting perspective if someone is wearing a gasmask?

Edited by Falcon_565

-Open Userconfig/Ace_clientside_config

-Find

#define ACE_NOVOICE

at the top

-Change to

//#define ACE_NOVOICE

I did this and still i hear no radio chatter :confused:

EDIT: okay i got it working... thanks for the help...

great mod cheers.

Edited by Cossack8559

Two questions Sickboy:

1. Will there be anyway to make it all in English if we are using a German copy?

2. I keep updating using Six updater (which updates ACE/X fine) But it wont update the Beta Patch even though you said it was up to date..

Oh and 3. Thanks heaps for the great mod!

well i did that and now cba has its own rsync folder but ACE does not. :confused:

= @ACE
WARNING: Folder already exists but does not seem to be a repository. Not installing

My friend, your problem is that you defined @CBA with the SixUpdater from YOUR @CBA folder (in that web site that opens where you choose addons to update). So with the updater press 1 and then click CONFIGURATION and get back to your PRESET you made. REMOVE the @CBA you have there and choose it again. This time becuase you removed your @CBA from your computer it will choose the @CBA that comes from the updater and it will install and all will be good.

Im not at home and cant remember exactlly step by step to help you more easily. I hope you know what i mean though. ;)

EDIT: The reason it says what it says (error) is because your CBA folder doesnt have the .rsync folder etc. And even when you delete it you have told the updater to look for it on YOUR pc instead of choosing the one (drop down menu on website) that belongs to the updater. The one we can download and update from there.

Alex

Edited by Alex72

@RSS idea; Great, ticketed; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6694

Please create a ticket and attach your logfile. If no errors occur, all should actually be fine.

Haha, it's about 6 days non-stop now mate, 4-8 hours a night :)

I'v created a ticket...

It is very strange, I can leave it for hours and it says that it's trying to rsync for the @CBA one, and it will stay there for hours not going anywhere, no firewalls on or anything...

I'm going bonkers here... :mad:

is there anyway to disable the version mismatch message and beep sound? i have the latest .183 version but not all servers have updated to that version.

Edited by ryan80

After 2 long evenings of testing the beta (including updating to the newest version with the sixupdater) i have to say it still feels like xmas:

-really nice features, new vehicles and weapons (there are still sounds like "Uah-thats totally amazing what they've done" @ our TS-Channel

-for me the installing of the ace-beta and updating with the six-updater to the newest version went without any problems (after reading the quickstartguide and just follow the thread a bit)

--> i think it would be very helpful at least to post some information about the newest beta-version (built-number, changelog) to the first page of this thread or to the dev-heaven page to get faster informed if theres anything new without starting the updater every time

-is there any way to disable crossairs for all weapons (or at least for the rifles) by client without using any other addons?

Overall really great work and much respect to the whole A.C.E-team!!!

Hello, just a fun question:

I see that in some ammo crates there is a STONE :D

do you add this because sometimes the only way to kill an AI is to trow something to them??? :yay: :D

I loved throwing those at my friends when I first got ArmA 2, it was epic to pelt my friends with rocks.

this moveinCargo "Chop1"; for example doenst work anymore, has this something to do with ACE?

WIllaChilla: Crosshairs is an option in the game. ON/OFF. Sorry though, you cant have vehicle weps with crosshairs and smallarms off. That would be ideal but...

this moveinCargo "Chop1"; for example doenst work anymore, has this something to do with ACE?

This should have nothing to do with ACE.

Try make a test mission and see if the code executes there.

Try with(out) the beta.

Try without ACEX.

If you can reproduce the issue reliably and trace it to one of the ACE mods, make a ticket on the tracker and attach the test mission.

Thanks. But really guys, it's no news.

Announced all of it long before the release.

Anyone's free to join up, everything's open source, I dare anyone to do better :) Share your ideas!

Really, the technology first needed to be proven before I spend days of user-experience improvement 'fikken' (phun intended on 'pixelfikken') :)

Besides, I am actively supporting it everywhere and in every way I can, major improvements already made since the release, not even 2 days ago.

People have really no idea what is involved in all of this, and for free.

That's why I don't take it too seriously most of the time. Besides, anyone can provide alternate means of distribution, i'm just not going to support it.

It is my free time, blood, sweat and tears, and I'll decide what to do with it :)

Anyway, if a little work on users-end can't be expected, especially in it's Beta period, for a product of this magnitude, with such an alive development, then that is their loss.

Yoma/Kelly's Heroes AddonSync is working, and now is updated .:)

Well said Sickboy :thumbsup:

It is OK to use out KH AddonSync solution for now, BUT everyone WILL need to start using the Rsync updater at some point.

We'll try to keep the KH YAS Mirror alternative as updated as possible but updating the YAS Repository needs a manual process. Thus KH YAS repository is not real-time and will be updated after a certain time and you should be aware of the limitations.

If you want to update your ACE as soon as the dev team releases updates, you need to use the official Rsync Tool.

Updater is easy to use once setup properly. Now that you have the ACE running, go install RSync and start fiddling with it. Read the documentation and play with it. Read the posts of Sickboy here.

We've been sharing the whole modfolders thru Yoma. This means its is twice the size of the release (1gb vs 520Mb) but it will make it possible for you to switch to Rsync when you have more patience to set it up properly.

We'll eventually remove the zipped Rsync folders in the modfolders to reduce the DL size for YAS Updaters, for those who want to stick to Yoma only for whatever reason.

So everyone must spend 10-15 mins for setting up the updater tool which should save a lot of time in the future. Including people who used KH Yoma Addon server to download the first release. If you switch to Rsync, the updater will not download all the files once again. Actually it will not download anything until the first update.

Again congrats to Sickboy for designing, developing, releasing and supporting such a complex app which can be used for all sort of tasks and on all sort of methods be it web interface or Command line, for the Arma community for free.

well done indeed.

Edited by Cross

is there a good way to keep linux dedicated up to date with the ACE mod?

by good way i don't mean: get my client up to date and upload all the files.

is there a way to get the new files directly to the server?

i see a problem right now to test the addon with my clan...cause i don't really know how to make sure everybody got the excat same version...and to keep our server at the same version as well.

Edited by Dr.Pulp

Mh it works now with

this moveinCargo Chop1

but not with "Chop1"....

so no problem..but im pretty sure it worked before with the ""..

Thanks anyways, plus thanks for your outstanding mod!

If im not gettin frustrated again im gonna finish my campgain now with ACE2:)

Will there be anyway to make it all in English if we are using a German copy?

If anybody releases a patch for this I love you long time.

What is hard with Rsync unless it fails somehow due to hardware/software problems? There is a quickstart for it and if you follow it step by step there is no way you can do it wrong.

Im not the brightest with reading manuals etc but i got it down the first try when i had that quickstart manual to follow. Every step is litterally: Step 1 "click this", step 2 "click that", step 3...

If you take the time to read what it says and click exactlly where it tells you - you will make it happen. And remember - you do it only once. After that when new ACE2 versions are out you just start it and press "2" - done. :)

Thanks a lot Crawler! It is a true pleasure having people discover the full potential of the software, and the power of the in-sync mirror network,

combined with rsync and a whole scala of options for server admins, hosters and end-users :)

Scheduling, automation, semi-automation, remote administration, it's all at your finger tips :D

is there a good way to keep linux dedicated up to date with the ACE mod?

by good way i don't mean: get my client up to date and upload all the files.

is there a way to get the new files directly to the server?

i see a problem right now to test the addon with my clan...cause i don't really know how to make sure everybody got the excat same version...and to keep our server at the same version as well.

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Linux

Example how it works in our community (Windows server):

* ACE/ACEX/CBA/BETA got updated

* I connect to my server's web-client, kill the arma server with it, run task install or update, and startgame

* Anyone who joins, uses the software to join the server, and thus will be up2date on join. Or will simply run the software to update, and then join the server.

Altough probably not too useful, the six-updater.log (session-based), contains the lists of changed files.

Working on some form of RSS-feed to publish info about updates though.

Edited by Sickboy

HI all, I have problem to run ACE2 on linux server, I uploaded all files and change the arma2server file with last line MOD=@ace\;@cba\;@acex\; but then when someone login to the server it write to him that the mod he uses are not supported. Even he has just ACE2.