Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Hey guys, i have followed the quick start guide for the downloader, but when i get to the configuration of the presets i do not see anything ACE related, only beta & Vanilla.

I must be doing something wrong, but cant figure out what.

Any would be appreciated.

Download the 7z - or pay us and we will change it to specifically what you desire ;)

But seriously, just try it out. Its really, very easy once you set it up.

This is the truth! Even I could figure it out.

Cause im too lazy to figure out how the Updater works...[my english is baad]

Thank you:):):)

i have a mirror up

couldn't get in to work as an anonymous FTP so had to at least give it a username

ftp://92.48.82.197

user - ace

pass - none (i.e. leave it empty)

all 3 7z ready to rock

EDIT - wow lots of people were waiting on this post it would appear, 6 minutes after the post and server is now running at 10MB/s uploading this too people

Glad to see a few people who were skeptical earlier, all happy and joy about the updater now :) Thanks!

Mirrors are listed here: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ACE2#Downloads

please help keep up2date

Hey guys, i have followed the quick start guide for the downloader, but when i get to the configuration of the presets i do not see anything ACE related, only beta & Vanilla.

I must be doing something wrong, but cant figure out what.

Any would be appreciated.

Click on Main first to synchronize the latest mod lists etc, then configuration, presets, either click edit at beta (if you use the arma 2 official beta patch) or the vanilla preset, as per instructions :)

@Pain: Please quote it or setup a ticket to track it easier :)

Edited by Sickboy

how can i know if i am downloading ACE in the six Updater?

it says:

Trying rsnyc://dev-heaven.net/rel/ace

Thanks to all the developers. Players: get the YouTube videos going guys! (I unfortunately can't play the game for myself due to a slow PC).

i downloaded six update version 1.7

install, then click 1, the second dos screen only shows for a split second, and no broswer window opens, I tried the two localhost links, neither work, the orignal dos window says starting updater-web press enter to continue, if I do press enter, I go back to main screen.

Any tips?

Any chance we can have a step by step guide Gents?

Thanks,

Hellfire

They're in the documentation.
how can i know if i am downloading ACE in the six Updater?

it says:

Trying rsnyc://dev-heaven.net/rel/ace

If it really stalls (verify logs\six-updater.log), please check: http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater#Technical-Specs

Might be firewall issue etc.

went to the wiki about ace2 features.. no info on the rucksack yet? that means it didnt make in this release, is that correct?

went to the wiki about ace2 features.. no info on the rucksack yet? that means it didnt make in this release, is that correct?
Rucks are in, oooooh yes!! :yay:

I have a little question.

Till now we tested the ace2 mod with 15+ ppl every sunday, yesterday it happend that a few guys wasnt avaiable at the start of the beta event.

As they arrived they updated their ace and connected. But in the little time between the start of the testevent and their arrival ace got updated so they had a other version than the rest and the server.

I think they got those messages all time.

Are those popup messages come if the server runs a lower version of ace2 too? or only if the player has a lower version than the server?

if they need exact the same version to get those messages not popping up then there will be a little problem in my eyes, if you have the newest version then you may couldnt connect on servers which are running longer than the latest update is out.

Edited by Pain0815

Threw the updater into the bin after 10min. I understand how it works and all but it is by far the worst program i've ever seen from a usability point of view.

Guess its back to waiting for a proper download

Threw the updater into the bin after 10min. I understand how it works and all but it is by far the worst program i've ever seen from a usability point of view.

Sure you can download the release version as a packed file, but you need to install and use the updater to hold it up to date too.

So there is no way around if you want play ace online...

by the way there is a good step by step guide in the other thread, mom i will post it for you again:

First thing to do is to download the SIX Updater.

2° Install and launch it.

3° type 1 and press enter. Wait it to load and open in your browser.

4° Click configuration in the right side of the screen. Put the Login and pass and click synchronize.

5° Go over Configuration and click Presets. Choose beta or vanilla and click edit.

6° Scroll down until "Mods". Between "Create Another" and "Add Existingâ€. Chose Ace, AceX and other mods of your own choice.

7° Click Update.

8° Click "Main" in the right side of the screen. Change "Action" to "install or update, and start game"

9° Click "Execute" Now just wait until it downloads everything.

I have a little question.

Till now we tested the ace2 mod with 15+ ppl every sunday, yesterday it happend that a few guys wasnt avaiable at the start of the beta event.

As they arrived they updated their ace and connected. But in the little time between the start of the testevent and their arrival ace got updated so they had a other version than the rest and the server.

I think they got those messages all time.

Are those popup messages come if the server runs a lower version of ace2 too? or only if the player has a lower version than the server?

if they need exact the same version to get those messages not popping up then there will be a little problem in my eyes, if you have the newest version then you may couldnt connect on servers which are running longer than the latest update is out.

The intent is not to update more than once a day, unless really severe issues have come out.

Therefor these version mismatches shouldnt become a real problem.

ATM you need to be equal version on the same server.

We are still investigating if we should adjust the system, like minor/major version numbering checks.

Edited by Sickboy

Once you have set it up once it's super-easy to use. Then you simply run the SIX updater, selection option #2, let it run, and it's done. No need for further input or anything.

Awesome now online play will become enjoyable again like it was in ArmA when ACE was released! Thank you all for your hard work and continued support! LoL my connection went over my allowed usage so now its cut back to 64kbs..... had to happen to day... oh well least its bed time here so i should have it by morning! Oh and the updater is very nice once i figured it out very easy.

http://localhost:16333

Not working for me either

Start the updater and select item 1 and press enter, this will open a web interface after a few seconds
The web interface for me opens up as a word document ??? so no soup for me:(