Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Server has crashed about 5 times while playing now. We have been testing the ACE maps that came with ACE.

Any Ideas?

By looking at your RPT you do not start ACE 2 on the server at all.

I can't see any init messages from the ACE pbos.

Xeno

-is there way to use the old acog sights

-For the EASA module options do we write them init of the module ? if not where ?

-is there way to use the old acog sights

-For the EASA module options do we write them init of the module ? if not where ?

-No

-http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1508215&postcount=424

The installer looks very complex to begin with, but i tell you what its definatly going to make things easier. I like many other very happy users have it all running fine now.

You boys have created something here that is beyond expectation. I mean i just lit a LZ for an extraction by little bird with chem lights!! how cool is that. :yay::yay::yay::yay:

No i've checked twice no module called like that but i've got one called like this I dunno wich language it is :Cseréheltö Fegyverzet Rendszer

Really guys what is that fuss and whining about the installer? The ACE guys trying something new - which might cause some problems at first - and all they get is bashing and flaming. After all it's all for free and if it takes some brainwork then so be it.

And there's still Yomas addon sync you can use to get the mod. If that's also too complicated then I don't know.

for free? yeah right!

I would pay for it 1000bucks but those buggers won't let me!

Awesome beta, guys! Playing around with ACE stuff in the editor for 2 or 3 hours and I still have the feeling that I´ve only seen a small percentage of the mod...

off to play some mo´

Btw, my favouite keyboard button over the next couple of weeks: "2" ;)

I downloaded all three folders to install manually but I cant get it to work!! Put them in the right order but the files inside are wierd pbos... what do I need to do??

A thanks for the info,i've been trying to get the Ace mod working for 4 hours now!!!i dont know what the hell iam doing wrong here

:pet2:

i'll reinstall arma and try again tomorrow,perhaps someone will make a simple installer.....(Wild)

for now i give up!!tomorrow is a new day..

This is the answer SB gave to someone with the same problem

Please try running the updater again, otherwise please delete @CBA folder under your ArmA install folder and run the Updater again, it will repair

...if that means CBA is the problem, you might want to try just installing the latest CBA manually from it's site at dev-heaven.

I downloaded all three folders to install manually but I cant get it to work!! Put them in the right order but the files inside are wierd pbos... what do I need to do??

Extract them and put @CBA @ACE and @ACEX in your ArmA 2 directory, then change your shortcut to arma2.exe so the target line is

-mod=@CBA;@ACEX;@ACE

Well, I get to the part where it creates the mod folders in the ArmA2 directory, but there's never any addons in them, just some updater stuff, so it doesn't actually run.

As a note, you can manually extract the files in the .7zs, just make sure you get everything as most of the files within are also compressed, unfortunately it seems I'll have to do it this way until all this gets sorted. But if all else fails this seems to be a temporary fix for the people with issues.

No i've checked twice no module called like that but i've got one called like this I dunno wich language it is :Cseréheltö Fegyverzet Rendszer

Yes, that should be it, I think it's hungarian, but that's the EASA module.

Love the AI so far. Good work ACE team. :)

A mission i play a lot and the first stretch where i ALWAYS managed to get through without any friendly loss (ZEUS AI - great addon btw) was now much harder. The AI was scary and bloody sneaky. Hiding very well behind cover and at some encounters even kept hiding until i stopped firing and then jumped out to fire back at us... They also flanked in a very nice way where they took us by surprise and lobbed in nades onto us.

3 killed in my squad out of our 6 men team. That has NEVER happened before. Just LOVE it! :)

I could go on about the awesomeness, but i need to mess around more in the editor now. Ta ta.

Yes, that should be it, I think it's hungarian, but that's the EASA module.

ok thanks : but i've placed it with this in the init :

this setVariable ["NoHangar", true];this setVariable ["NUKES", 1];this setVariable ["FARP", true]

But I went next to it with empty harrier and cobra , it nothing happened

synk them up

EASA module wiki updated

Sorry guys if this has been asked or if its very obvious but there is already over 50 pages to go trough. Can this be downloaded/updated via yoma addon sync? Or will be able to in future?

You shouldn't need to synch the module.

Try putting an empty aircraft next to the FARP trailer that appears and find the action menu item on the trailer. Should be "Change loadout" or "Fegyverzet változtatása" in hungarian.

Then you should be able to switch the weaponry on the aircraft from the menu.

Guys,

Quick question. I've downloaded ACE (Brilliant thank you very much for the effort!!!) and i am uploading the mod to my units server which is not a dedicated server - Is there any way i can update ACE when updates are available without needing Yoma (or software like it) or needing to re-upload the entire mod again ?

Thanks for your time.

"Include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found"

I get this message and ArmA2 doesn't startup. Why's that?

synk them up

EASA module wiki updated

I synchronized all plane with the modules nothing happens. I don't understand , all aircraft are empty I put them beside the trailer with the little plane truck and then get in the plane , no action ... :confused:

To all people annoyed of the complexity of the installer:

If you manage to make it work and download one time you have the hard work done.

In the future all you ahve to do is to start the six program and press '2'. Thats all :)

To get it downloaded to begin with, follow the guide without thinking but read carefully and do exactly as it says.

This is the answer SB gave to someone with the same problem

...if that means CBA is the problem, you might want to try just installing the latest CBA manually from it's site at dev-heaven.

Ah thanx for this one,it all seem to work ,but then i got my previous problem again!!:error compiling pixel shader

this is really frustrating..

Hi, first of all huge thanks to the ACE team for he effort. BIS+ACE=unlimited joy.

To make myself a bit usefull, here is how i got it working:

1) download and install the 6th updater, but dont launch it yet

2) download all the 7zip files floating around (@CBA,@ACE,@ACEX)

3) copy those files to the folder the 6th updater is installed

4) delete any @CBA,@ACE,@ACEX,userconfig folders in your arma2 install dir or backup them

5) download the "lazy way config for 6th updater" already linked 100 times

6) copy the config six-updater.yml to the root of 6th updater

7) start the 6th updater, wait for the dos window with choices

8) press 2

9) press enter

10) wait until the "press enter to exit" line to show up than press enter

11) enjoy ACE

PS. If this doesnt work you can stil unpack the 7zip files and then unpack all those ACExxxx.pbo.gz using winrar or total commander. Be sure to place them i the right mod/addon folder

First big updater problem solved

During overloaded mirrors or inability to contact a mirror, the updater would stop installing the update, and simply say it failed.

This has been resolved. Whenever a connection fails, all alternative rSync mirrors are tested:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6605

PIXEL SHADER ERROR

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA2:_Error_compiling_pixel_shader

"Include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found"

I get this message and ArmA2 doesn't startup. Why's that?

Userconfig-error-when-starting-the-game

Edited by Sickboy

I synchronized all plane with the modules nothing happens. I don't understand , all aircraft are empty I put them beside the trailer with the little plane truck and then get in the plane , no action ... :confused:

Don't get in the aircraft, but walk around the trailer and look for the action I mentioned earlier.