Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Cool, thanks for that....

I was going to write my own "evac" script with waypoints that are a little more friendly, which I could execute from the console, maybe even with an option on the helo to request a fastrope somewhere.

-AD

I had to make some changes in the mando_airsupportdlg.sqf to get my setup to work properly.

For instance, all pilots for evac and reinforcement are changed to:

"US_Pilot_Light_EP1"

So I can use DaveyGary's pilot helmets and face shields.

I changed the CASE_EVAC to check to make sure the player is in the chopper before lifting off and changed how units are loaded in the chopper.

For CASE_REINF and CALL_PARAS:

If you call for a Littlebird, I wanted a pilot and copilot to be "preloaded", so I had to make a vehicle array of choppers who normally don't get copilots and do the following:

_heliarray = ["MH60S", "MH6J_EP1", "CH_47F_Desert", "CH_47F_black", "CH_47F_gray", "CH_47F_EP1", "gac_USN_MH53E", "gac_USMC_MH53E", "ou_ch_53d"];

if (typeOf vehicle _plane in _heliarray) then
		   {
		      _unit moveInCargo [_plane,_i+1];
		   }
		   else
		   {
		      _unit moveInCargo _plane;
		   };

Otherwise, the copilot ended up not in the copilot seat...

Might you have any suggestions as to changing the evac waypoints in a script?

EDIT: This does not seem to be working for the 2nd gunship's crew...

Nevermind, it does work

mando_airsupport_type_ca = "ad_dap_gau19";

mando_airsupport_code_ca =

{

private ["_group", "_helo", "_helo2", "_helogrp", "_copilot","_rightgunner","_leftgunner", "_rightgunner2", "_leftgunner2"];

_group = _this select 0;

_helo = vehicle (leader _group);

_helogrp = [];

{

if (!((vehicle _x) in _helogrp)) then

{

_helogrp = _helogrp + [vehicle _x];

};

} forEach units _group;

_helo2 = _helogrp select 1;

_leftgunner = _group createUnit ["ad_crewchief",[0,0,30], [], 0, "FORM"];

_leftgunner setskill 1.0;

_leftgunner setRank "PRIVATE";

_leftgunner moveInTurret [_helo, [0]];

_rightgunner = _group createUnit ["ad_crewchief",[0,0,30], [], 0, "FORM"];

_rightgunner setRank "PRIVATE";

_rightgunner setskill 1.0;

_rightgunner moveInTurret [_helo, [1]];

_leftgunner2 = _group createUnit ["ad_crewchief",[0,0,30], [], 0, "FORM"];

_leftgunner2 setskill 1.0;

_leftgunner2 setRank "PRIVATE";

_leftgunner2 moveInTurret [_helo2, [0]];

_rightgunner2 = _group createUnit ["ad_crewchief",[0,0,30], [], 0, "FORM"];

_rightgunner2 setRank "PRIVATE";

_rightgunner2 setskill 1.0;

_rightgunner2 moveInTurret [_helo2, [1]];

};

Edited by ADuke

ADuke, What are your intentions for the evac?

Is this something you want to be able to change destination mid-flight?

fastrope?

Sounds like Norrin's Chopper taxi/fastrope...

Chopper/aerial taxi script

MP fast rope script

I'm pretty sure the first was integrated into the fast rope script.

Is this close? or have you never used either?

Oh, and the script for loading the second gunship works for you?

Edited by panther42

ADuke, What are your intentions for the evac?

Is this something you want to be able to change destination mid-flight?

fastrope?

Sounds like Norrin's Chopper taxi/fastrope...

Chopper/aerial taxi script

MP fast rope script

I'm pretty sure the first was integrated into the fast rope script.

Is this close? or have you never used either?

Oh, and the script for loading the second gunship works for you?

Ya, the script for the 2nd gunship works great thanks.

I have used both of those scripts (in fact the FastRope scripts are integrated into my helo pack) but the way I use the console is, it is integrated into a character of mine, so I don't need to do any scripting at mission level.

So what I would like to do is have several different "Evac" options, 1 that is just a pick-up and drop off, another that is a pick-up and fastrope somewhere.

I know that the default pick up and drop off is already implemented into the console but I kind of don't like the way it works, sorry.

The helo approaches the pick up point at full bore and doesn't slow down when landing, it always over shoots the target and 90% of the time crashes into something, be it a tree, or the ground.

I would like to have evac scripts that will change the waypoints and do various things at the drop off point depending on which option is selected.

I can script waypoints just fine, but I am assuming that the waypoints that are already assigned to the evac helo will need to be deleted.

Not sure if such a thing is possible.

-AD

EDIT: Also, when designating different helos for evac, the crew numbers are different, and certain waypoints are activated when the crew count is more than x, so the waypoint conditions aren't universal for helos with different crew numbers.

Edited by ADuke

I wouldn't say it's not possible. There are alot of very good scripters around here... Maybe something already exists, which can be integrated into the ASC.

I haven't dug into it yet, but I wonder if Mando Heliroute would work. I don't think it's integrated in the mando_airsupportdlg.sqf???

How the chopper comes in has always baffled me to. I eventually went in and changed the WaypointSpeed to limited for the evac. Seemed to help, but I never really got back to messing with it further.

If you call for a vehicle, the chopper comes in nice, hovers, and then lowers to drop point.

That is why I changed it to check for player in vehicle. Like a good squad leader, I make sure my troops are in before entering the bird myself.

I can give you what I changed if needed.

No problem,

It is just going to be something that I will have to script from the ground up, just wanted to gather as much info as possible before starting.

The more I think about it, the more ideas I have for overcoming the major obstacles, I will definitely post whatever I come up with if it is viable.

-AD

The camera part of this is the kind of stuff I'd like to see implemented in Take On. I remember seeing a version for ArmA II that emulated an actual Little Bird console. Thoughts?

Is Mando still around? His last post was in November. :-/

I've not seen him. Will fire up MSN to see if he is still there.

Hope to hear soon news from mando too! :)

silly question, but how do I switch to FLIR mode, e.g. for the hellfire cam in the apache? I searched the readme but didn't find it

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

found it in the in-game help, sorry. it's F5

I'm pretty sure you need to be in the camera mode, so use your mouse wheel and select MMA AGM-114K or MMA AGM-114L. This will start the camera. FLIR is on the left hand bottom of the camera screen, or F5.

I didn't see you already found it...

I have been racking my brain over this, and can't find the answer. It's probably so simple I have over looked it.

Here is the situation:

I am spawning a flying UAV, named uav1, and adding the mando hellfire camera for controlling and locking on targets. The UAV is grouped with the player.

I add the camera and enable "REMOTE" with this code:

if (side player == west) then
  {
     mando_uav = uav1;

_background_mfd = ["mando_missiles\huds\custom\images\metis\empty.paa",
       [
           [safezoneX, 0.155, 0.076, 0.075*4/3],			// Help button
           [safezoneX, 0.31, 0.076, 0.075*4/3],			// Map button
           [safezoneX, 0.46, 0.076, 0.075*4/3],			// Loc/Rem button
           [safezoneX, 0.61, 0.076, 0.075*4/3],			// Auto/Semi auto/Manual button
           [safezoneX, 0.755, 0.076, 0.075*4/3],			// Flir button
           [safezoneX + safezoneW -0.076, 0.155, 0.076, 0.075*4/3],	// Fire button
           [safezoneX + safezoneW -0.076, 0.31, 0.076, 0.075*4/3],	// XMit button
           [safezoneX + safezoneW -0.076, 0.61, 0.076, 0.075*4/3],	// Climb button
           [safezoneX + safezoneW -0.076, 0.755, 0.076, 0.075*4/3]	// Dive button
        ]
     ];

_mcctypeaascript = "mando_missiles\tv\tv_types\mando_tv_hellfire_uav.sqs";

[["HMMWV_M998A2_SOV_DES_EP1"], 0, 0, ["Vehicles", "REMOTE"], "UAV Camera", _mcctypeaascript, [-3,2,-2], [0,4.5,-1,0,181], {(commander _plane == player) && (alive mando_uav)}, 0, -2, _background_mfd, 1, -3]execVM"mando_missiles\mcc\mando_mccallow_by_type.sqf";
  };

I have placed a MLRS unit on the map, and named it CMlaunch1.

I give the MLRS "REMOTE" lock on with this code:

if (isServer) then
{	
   [CMlaunch1, 3, ["REMOTE"], 16, 500, 12000, 3, [0,-4,1], 360, 0, [east,sideEnemy], false, false, true, true, 65]   exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_tomahawk_hi.sqs";
  Sleep 1;
};

I cannot get this to work. When I lock on a target with the UAV and hit XMIT marker, the CMlaunch1 never fires on it. This works in the mando uav test mission. I have even tried placing a rhib in the same location of the MLRS...even though its on the runway in Takistan...very odd with the wave sounds.

I have verified the distance to target is within the 12000 meters.

What am I missing?

Edited by panther42

Hi guys, I have a question about MMA. I haven't used it in quite awhile and started using it again with my friends during our coop along with the latest ACE. Now during a mission there was a AA truck. I grabbed the Jav tube, reloaded it to snap the CLU on. Was able to lock on but not fire. So I zoomed in fully and was able to launch, but believe this was due to ACE's javelin system since from the looks of it their new system locks on when fully zoomed automatically as you keep the target centered.

I was wondering if there was a work-around for this as I'd really like to use Mando's stuff as it doesn't make sense loading it and not being able to use it, heh. I know back then it was just a matter of changing the ACE lock key to something other than TAB, but now with the new setup I'm not sure of a work-around, especially since it's been ages using this, lol.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. :yay:

I really think that ch29 speed is too low which causes self destruction sometimes ... needs to be fixed.

It's not too slow, it's just that it collides with the jet that launches it. The launching position needs to be lowered.

It's not too slow, it's just that it collides with the jet that launches it. The launching position needs to be lowered.

Yes,that too ... ACE mod has the right speed for that missile ...

The real life speed is 1470 km/h,sometimes in the game i shoot the missile and overpass it 3 secs after.

Hi guys, I have a question about MMA. I haven't used it in quite awhile and started using it again with my friends during our coop along with the latest ACE. Now during a mission there was a AA truck. I grabbed the Jav tube, reloaded it to snap the CLU on. Was able to lock on but not fire. So I zoomed in fully and was able to launch, but believe this was due to ACE's javelin system since from the looks of it their new system locks on when fully zoomed automatically as you keep the target centered.

I was wondering if there was a work-around for this as I'd really like to use Mando's stuff as it doesn't make sense loading it and not being able to use it, heh. I know back then it was just a matter of changing the ACE lock key to something other than TAB, but now with the new setup I'm not sure of a work-around, especially since it's been ages using this, lol.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. :yay:

Hate to be a bother, but has anyone else here who may use MMA along with ACE experience this as well or if it's just something messed up on my end?

I was just wondering if anyone has came up with a way to use the EASA module in ace and change the load out of a jet and still be able to fire them using the mando missile layout. If not is there anyway to disable mando from keeping you from selecting via the old BI way and using them that way?

Just an after thought but has anyone thought about having the radar missiles lock-on after launch?

First of all this make me smile.There is not such missile as ch29.Missile x29 yes.Someone called it KH29. But CH29 some kind of joke :). Second real speed much lower (250-350 m/s) http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A5-29) and rocket itself have big difference usage compare to game and minimum and maximum ranges.Also su34 can have 6 rockets and 6 r73 at same time http://www.airwar.ru/image/idop/bomber/su34/su34-2.gif

I know, it's rather bugged me that BIS keeps calling the Russian ATG missiles "Ch" instead of "Kh". The Russian letter "Ð¥" is best Anglicized as "Kh" since that's the sound it makes. Even the Russians agree; play any of Eagle Dynamic's (a Russian flight-sim company) games like Lock On: Modern Air Combat or DCS Black Shark. And, of course, everyone else keeps calling the damn thing "Ch" in their mods as well.

As for weapon loadouts and actual weapon ranges, take them with a grain of salt when it comes to ArmA. The distances ArmA plays in just aren't big enough to really make use of the actual engagement envelopes of real missiles, and BIS didn't make their rocket pods part of the proxy system. :(

First of all this make me smile.There is not such missile as ch29.Missile x29 yes.Someone called it KH29. But CH29 some kind of joke :). Second real speed much lower (250-350 m/s) http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A5-29) and rocket itself have big difference usage compare to game and minimum and maximum ranges.Also su34 can have 6 rockets and 6 r73 at same time http://www.airwar.ru/image/idop/bomber/su34/su34-2.gif

Holy shit... who gives a shit what the proper name is. Ingame, it's called the CH-29, so I will call it the CH-29.

My point is that I know what the issue is and I've already reported it in this thread before.