Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Well Nyles, and we should not allow A2 to fall behind Lock-On, should we? ;)

MMA Test

Switch to Ground mode, then use , and - to adjust horizontally and l and . to adjust vertically the cross. That is just a quick aproach to the idea, but so far seems to work quite well.

Haha, absoultely not! :D

Just merged the changes into my modified version and it works like a dream! This is simply amazing! Thanks! :)

When you are happy with it, it might be worth putting some readabilty in the button menu so people understand how to move the + around.

Use same test link as before, new symbology might be closer to that of Lock-ON

Hi, I reported the nukes performance issues on city detonations awhile back. And would like to thank you for fixing it in the new update. Thanks, your the best.

Chad_D, thanks to you for finding the issue.

And this is how the new HUD ground mode will look like. The player will be able to adjust the targeting cross position in-flight, so no need to keep maneouvering in order to aim in ground mode. Lock-ON:1 ArmA2:1, but the match continues ;)

WMFn6IinCvA

is it just me or is aiming TOW missiles with Mando are just highly random on target and buggy with guidance?

is it just me or is aiming TOW missiles with Mando are just highly random on target and buggy with guidance?

TOW (Tethered on Wire) meaning that they need to be self guided in the proper HUD mode.

They work like a dream. I'm assuming you have the latest version of Mando.

Hope that helps.

Chad_D, thanks to you for finding the issue.

And this is how the new HUD ground mode will look like. The player will be able to adjust the targeting cross position in-flight, so no need to keep maneouvering in order to aim in ground mode. Lock-ON:1 ArmA2:1, but the match continues ;)

[YOUTUBE ]WMFn6IinCvA[/YOUTUBE]

Kick ass! :)

While we are on the topic of Lock-On vs. ArmA (haha, see what you started!), it would be super-sweet if locking a target in the HUD would slave the TV camera to the same target, too.

So basically I am asking for having an option in the scripts to link a specific camera mode (i.e. LGB, AGM65, etc) with a specific HUD mode (i.e. AGM65 remote). If one is locked on to a target, the other is locked to the same target as well.

That way you could use the camera/tv view to lock a target and when you exit the camera view that target would also already be locked as the current target on the HUD (only if the linked mode is the currently active one?).

Vice versa, you could lock on a target in the main HUD, then switch to the camera (which would already be slaved on the locked-on target) to either do some fine adjustments or simply to visually confirm the target and check there are no friendlies nearby on the TV screen before you fire.

In flightsims, there usually isn't a choice between either camera or HUD. Instead you usually find and engage targets by using a combination of both, moving between both stations for adjustments. For the limitations we have in ArmA, of course it is not possible to have exactly the same procedure, but this camera-slaving option would already be a great step forward in this direction.

Again a bit of reference for inspiration: ;)

Please note that I am not suggesting to use the little + to control the actual camera orientation, like you see in some of those videos!

I think just being able to slave a linked camera mode to an existing HUD lock (and the other way around) would be sufficient already and immensely speed up the workflow. :)

Edited by Foxhound
Do not quote videos!

TOW (Tethered on Wire) meaning that they need to be self guided in the proper HUD mode.

They work like a dream. I'm assuming you have the latest version of Mando.

Hope that helps.

TOW actually doesn't mean "Tethered on Wire", its Tube-launched, Optically tracked, Wire guided. http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/tow.htm

@kill4eva

Just make sure the Mando HUD is visible before firing, then tracking should be operational.

Nyles, what you propose is doable as long as both systems are set to the same mode, so you switch to HUD GRND and then you activate the TV. TV might get the target of the HUD and HUD may get the target of the TV.

Meanwhile Nordin sent me good vids showing NLAW OTA mode in action, so NLAW missile is being fully reworked:

CJ2uFNA7GYk

Its warhead in OTA mode will work similar to that of the BILL2, it detonates above the target and fires an armour piercing shell on top of it. NLAW will keep also a Direct mode where the missile will detonate upon direct impact with the target (locked on target or ground position).

Hey Mando,

Yes you are right, when I designate a target in the A-10's HUD AGM65 (ground) mode and then switch to the respective AGM65 camera, it is indeed focused on the same spot like the HUD marker.

However, the camera position is not locked (red box) in the TV view automatically and it is simply impossible to move the cursor into the box to lock it manually without moving the camera off the target. Would it be possible to have the TV camera locked on the HUD target already when you enter the view?

In addition, if you already locked the TV camera on a target in beforehand, this earlier lock currently will persist instead of updating to the target designated via the HUD. It would be great, if any current locks would be overwritten by newer locks performed either on the HUD or in the TV.

I also tried this technique for other modes, but it seems what you describe is not working there (or I am doing something wrong):

When I select the normal AGM65 HUD mode and lock a target following the regular procedure (TAB), the same target will not be locked when I enter the AGM65 camera view even after the HUD locking has been completed. This is also the case the other way around unfortunately, where a target that got locked via the TV camera, will not be locked on the HUD either.

I think it would be a lot cleaner and more readable to the player, if you could establish the rule that there is always just a single lock per plane at any time - regardless of current HUD or camera mode and weapon type. Locking a new target would cancel any previous locks and reset TV cameras. Instead, locks should be carried over between compatible modes automatically.

What do you think?

I think it would be a lot cleaner and more readable to the player, if you could establish the rule that there is always just a single lock per plane at any time - regardless of current HUD or camera mode and weapon type. Locking a new target would cancel any previous locks and reset TV cameras. Instead, locks should be carried over between compatible modes automatically.

What do you think?

Some aircraft can maintain multiple target locks at once, though you more commonly see this in various air combat modes; the F-15C can "bug" two targets at once for AIM-120 fire, and the MiG-31 can maintain a lock on four targets while simultaneously guiding a single SARH missile to each of them. The F-14 can famously guide six missiles to six different targets flying in different directions and at different altitudes at the same time. The F-35 can designate multiple ground targets at once (as seen in

video).

Most aircraft in ArmA2, though, are pretty much limited to one lock at a time, and except for perhaps the F-35 (with its phased array radar) cannot maintain a ground target lock and an air target lock at the same time.

Nyles, I was meaning that your idea was doable (with some limitations), not that it was already implemented.

About multiple targets for different weapons the situation becomes tricky. In some cases you are using the weapon itself to lock on a target (case of AGM65's nose camera), so if you cancel the weapon, you should cancel the target. In some other cases you use a particular onboard device (radar, laser, TV, IRST), so that you might have a target locked on even if you dont have valid weapons to attack it. And, of course, you might have fully independent systems that can track different target types at the same time (radar tracking one or more planes and at the same time laser locked on a ground target). And this last option is particulary usefull when you have an WSO (case of F15E).

Nyles, what you propose is doable as long as both systems are set to the same mode, so you switch to HUD GRND and then you activate the TV. TV might get the target of the HUD and HUD may get the target of the TV.

Meanwhile Nordin sent me good vids showing NLAW OTA mode in action, so NLAW missile is being fully reworked:

[YOUTUBE]CJ2uFNA7GYk[/YOUTUE]

Its warhead in OTA mode will work similar to that of the BILL2, it detonates above the target and fires an armour piercing shell on top of it. NLAW will keep also a Direct mode where the missile will detonate upon direct impact with the target (locked on target or ground position).

Fooking siiiiick. :)

For these of you interested into test the new MMA NLAW.

Operation is easy:

L.CTRL: OTA -> DA -> DA GRND

TAB: Lock ON

LMB: Fire

OTA is quite effective vs armoured targets (armour piercing shell shot just on top of the target), use DA for softer ones or fast moving ones and DA GRND to attack structures/buildings.

Switch to Ground mode, then use , and - to adjust horizontally and l and . to adjust vertically the cross. That is just a quick aproach to the idea, but so far seems to work quite well.

Could you perhaps change those keys? The dash (-) on American keyboards is right next to the 0, and those keys are already in use by the game (, and . are used to change speak channels).

You are pretty right, the problem is which ones to use.

The best solution would be to allow others to change their own keys in an easy to access fashion. Short of that, perhaps a combination of keys, like RShift or RCtrl + the arrow keys or numpad keys (2, 4, 6 & 8). In Lock-On, control of your radar cursor/piper was controlled by comma (,), period (.), slash (/) and semicolon (;), but that's not a viable solution in ArmA2.

Nice! Yeah, RCTRL with arrow keys works, but just using the arrow keys will change the piper's position, too, along with steering the plane.

I am using WASD for movement so I don't mind, but there could be some people who will.

Not sure if anyone has brought this up, but with the lastest version there is duplication of the HUD on/off, hud color and change keys actions on the RAH-66.

EDIT: While i'm at it, a couple of other concerns.

GLT's F-16 has a few Exocet AShM variants, but they aren't linked to MMA, so you can't really use them as an anti-ship missile like the Penguin.

Then, are there any actual chaffs? Because trying to evade radar-guided missiles with the MMA flares is impossible (then again, it's obvious why >.<) (I did read the readme, didn't really find anything relevant).

Edited by Evil_Brownie

Playing a test missions for the SEAD Demo, when I attempt to load the SEAD package, I get a loud sound and nothing loads. It is not the sound in your videos. I do have ACE running and added the ace init. Any suggestions?

Tried it with just @mma and g ot the same thing. I will look further to make sure I didnt screw it up myself.

Edited by sowens

Playing a test missions for the SEAD Demo, when I attempt to load the SEAD package, I get a loud sound and nothing loads. It is not the sound in your videos. I do have ACE running and added the ace init. Any suggestions?

Tried it with just @mma and g ot the same thing. I will look further to make sure I didnt screw it up myself.

After you press the MMA Rearm action and the loadout menu pops up, click the ammo truck nearby (confirmation that that has worked comes via a beep) before choosing your loadout and clicking resuply.

Worked like a charm! I appreciate the help mate.

I have some problems with the newest MM modification.

with the AT-10 Missiles I cant hit tanks like t90 or something. When the tank stand still on a plane surfaces like some airfield and my bmp3 too , the auto guided missile always fly a bit to high and miss the turret.

I only play with ArmA2, no add-on or something like ACE...

Edited by Serpentras