Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

splendid!

try:

MMA_XEH_NoScore_PreInit = "[_this select 0] execVM ""MMA_XEH_NoScore\init_ns.sqf""";

Edited by Meatball0311

Herhaps some of you may help here a bit. I'm setting up a quite simple addon that, if present, will automatically set mando score OFF. It is based on CBA Extended Event Handlers, but its script doesnt execute at all :mad:

The addon MMA_XEH_NoScore.pbo has two only files:

config.cpp

class CfgPatches
{
class MMA_XEH_NoScore
{
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.1;
	requiredAddons[] = {"Extended_EventHandlers"};
	version = 1;
};
};

class Extended_PostInit_EventHandlers
{
MMA_XEH_NoScore_PreInit = "[] execVM ""MMA_XEH_NoScore\init_ns.sqf""";
};

And the script init_ns.sqf

if (isNil "MMA_XEH_NoScore_PreInit") then
{
MMA_XEH_NoScore_PreInit = true;
mando_no_score = true;
};

I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong somewhere, but I have no time for much further investigations.

Wouldn't simply turning the score function off to begin with, and have it enabled via a called variable a better idea?

I know I was mildly annoyed when there was no option to get rid of it - the action menu is already buggerated enough.

C'mon gents, VOTE THIS, with a bit of luck it will be fixed for next official patch.

Edited by Mandoble

Something new almost ready. Now from MMA Navigation HUD mode you can open the new MMA navigation dialog pressing MMA Fire key. From this dialog you can see all your current waypoints as well as exising MMA ILS destinations and path to currently selected one (if any). If you are your group's leader, you can also add and remove waypoints on-the-fly.

mma_waypoints.jpg

MMA Navigation mode is becoming way more usefull than before.

Edited by Mandoble

LIKE the MMA Navigation ! Looking forward to have a play of that one :)

And also grats for PR input. I had a play of it today - and there is LOTS to learn, but teamworking is the best asset :)

Well, do not expect to see in PR the same MMA systems you are used to see in MMA missions, I believe they will use toned down ones to simplifly their usage and to do not give so much power to some units like the AH64.

Mando Missile ArmA 2.4Beta10.0 is ready (Requires A2 or A2 + OA). Dont forget to read the online MMA readme for more info.

LMnQEdKMR58

Changes in v2.4b10.0

• MMA ILS added automatically to all the airfields and Utes US Keh Sanh
  • TAB in Navigation mode cycles through MMA ILS destinations
  • Added 3D on-HUD projected ILS landing paths for most modern planes (see docs)
  • Nav mode now displays also current waypoint in most modern planes
  • MMA Fire Key in Nav mode opens the waypoint edit dialog (see docs)
  • Added a mechanism to add more extra MMA ILS destinations at mission level (see docs)
  • Added systems for RKSL Merlin
  • MMA XE Autolaunch addon updated (it was not initializing some ACE2 systems)
  • MMA No Score addon added, if present MMA score menu action will be hidden
  • Signatures changed to v2 for all the addons
  • Improved MCC TV performance
  • Towing tractor is now a rearming source by default (add them to carriers)
  • ACE_B61BombLauncher removed from rearming options

mma_waypoints.jpg

Very nice work Mando.

I have a question regarding the Air Support Console. Is it possible to name the spawned aircraft?

I have tried the following:

_plane = createVehicle [mando_airsupport_type_rc, _spawnpos, [], 0, "FLY"];
		if (mando_airsupport_type_rc == "MQ9PredatorB_US_EP1") then 
		{
		_VarName = "uav1";
		_plane SetVehicleVarName _VarName;
		_plane Call Compile Format ["%1=_This ; PublicVariable ""%1""",_VarName];
		};

and several other configs to no avail. :confused:

Thank You

nice work mandoble!!

i would like to take this opportunity to ask

it any chance to include:

mig21mf fishbed/su24mk fencer-D/saab AJ37 Viggen from multipack @duala http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9150

f18c from multipack @fdf_mod http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13738

@X-02 Wyvern http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9841

@pracs_mirage3 http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14283

@pracs_etendard http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14281

@rkt_f15 http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10180

something else, be changed default settings? in autolaunch BIS game?if wanna use mando_system in mrls or disable customized HUDs for portable systems for bis campaigns/armory

note:if remove mando_portables.pbo (still working as if I deactivate)

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=15238

Edited by PFC Magician

I got a bug to report. It seems when the type 2 scud warhead is set to ground burst, and detonated on select islands the funnel cloud animation does'nt form. The islands it does'nt work on is Chenarus, and Zargabad. The damage effects, shockwave, shockkblast, and nuke base all work perfectly fine. But the funnel cloud seems to not spawn, is there a way you can fix this? I am running combined ops W mma ver 2.4b10. I spawned mma game logic in editor chenarus map, and launched evil echo warhead type 2.

Magician, yes, there are chances to include some of these, specially if they would be downloadable as separate smaller addons instead of as part of a 600MB mod. The F15 is already included.

If you use the autolaunch you will have all the systems up, if you want to have some of them down, you need to start mma at mission level, if using the addon execute only the INIT GL. Then, in your mission you can copy the mando_setup_full.sqf, comment the lines of the systems you dont what to initialize and execute it from your mission's init.sqf

Chad_D, it might happens that because of the fires caused by the explosions the max number of visible particles is exceeded. May you test that in these island, but with detonations in places with not so much destroyable things? Might be the overal FX will need to be simplified reducing the total number of particles generated.

O.k I see, I tested at Chernarus airport and cloud formed. But still kind of a bummer not being able to nuke large cities (like Chenogorsk). Idk, is there even a possible fix for that?

A complex fix simplifying quite a lot cloud FX while keeping the quality.

Could'nt you just add a new explosion variation that removed the fires smoke for city demolitions. I would think that the burning objects within the city would produce a sufficiant amount of smoke. Maybe just add a ["mando_scud_type", 6]; variation. That would either reduce te amount of fires, or remove their particle effects.

I cannot remove the burning objects of the map. Might be disabling the simulation of all the area, but if I disable simulation then there is no destruction, all the city would be destroyed but you would notice it visually.

But it would destroy all the units and gas tanks placed within the town, which would create the post nuke effect. You could create a larger base to cover the area up, so the player wouldnt see the damage. it would be similar to gigans nuke, which would be o.k as long as the blast impacts trees and other objects as well as buildings.

Edited by Chad_D

Hey Mandoble.

I keep on running into this issue where mando systems do not initiate with this exact combination:

(I use the autolauncher pbo by the way)

simple editor mission on utes, place an opfor sub (from GNat's subs), a mh60 or more recently the sh60 on the blufor side piloted by me, and once i start the mission the systems don't initiate as they normally do in any other situation.

Is it because of the subs? Because i believe that is the only one causing it.

Unpbo Gnat's sub, make sure it is not initializing MMA by its own, the version I have was doing that and so breaking all the mma initializations, even at mission level. Hope Gnat will fix it at some time.