Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Mandoable, is there a way i can speed up the tooltips popup message when using MMA console?

Magician, MMA Jav needs indications for TOP, Direct and also ground mode. But again, what is the advantage of replacing current MMA layout by another one addon based? I would understand if current MMA one were not working, looking bad or not being functional enough, but ATM I would say none of these cases are happening.

Muahaha, I dont know of any way to speed up that.

Mando, does the new "Right SHIFT + Left CTRL: Cycle through HUD modes backwards (selects previous MMA weapon and mode)" have a corresponding key in the ArmA2 user actions menu?

It would be R.SHIFT + MMA HUD MODE KEY, it is not a key, but a combo of R.SHIFT + the current mma hud mode cycle key.

The fire key for AA missiles is bound to 'Left Win'. It doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong?

Alex, nukes are included, to allow them:

mando_weapons_forbidden = mando_weapons_forbidden - ["ACE_B61BombLauncher"];

As you can see in the MMA readme file ACE_B61BombLauncher is, by default, present in the array of borbidden weapons.

Where does the line go?

Edited by iflabs

Muahaha, I dont know of any way to speed up that.

No worries. Thanks for your work

iflabs, you can change all the keys as described here, just in case you have a particular problem with L.Win (note that you can also change the keys on the fly with the menu action).

The normal process is:

1 - Select the desired HUD mode (which also implies weapon's mode) with L.CTRL or R.SHIFT + L.CTRL.

2 - Lock on a target with TAB (or Lock targets's A2 assigned key), you need to wait until you have the lock on tone and the rhomb.

3 - Fire the missle with L.Win.

These lines go to the init.sqf, after MMA initialization.

iflabs, you can change all the keys as described here, just in case you have a particular problem with L.Win (note that you can also change the keys on the fly with the menu action).

The normal process is:

1 - Select the desired HUD mode (which also implies weapon's mode) with L.CTRL or R.SHIFT + L.CTRL.

2 - Lock on a target with TAB (or Lock targets's A2 assigned key), you need to wait until you have the lock on tone and the rhomb.

3 - Fire the missle with L.Win.

Yeap, I've put the radar to 'Aim-9X' mode, locked on, got a tone, pressed 'left win', but nothing flies out. I can't remap the buttons as shown in the guide because I don't have the 'use action'. I'm running standalone OA combined with ARMA2 with a script provided on this forum.

These lines go to the init.sqf, after MMA initialization.

I assume that init.sqf is located in the documents/mission folder for that particular mission? Is there anyway to directly run it in the editor and preview it directly?

iflabs, as stated in the manual, download page and online help, MMA is not compatible with OA alone, you need A2 or A2 + OA (also known as CO).

Where do I find "mando_no_score global added, if set to any value MMA score menu action will not be present"

i was expecting to find an hpp file in the userconfig folder that I could edit but no... any ideas?

domokun, just put mando_no_score = true; in the mission's init.sqf or in the init field of any unit present in the mission. ATM, MMA is not using any userconfig.

I get this error when rearming with a nuke loadout:

bin\config.bin/cfgmagazines.ace_1rnd_b61_50'.

Does this use the nuke from the Ace mod, which was removed?

Ah, so that mag is not present any more in ACE2? Was it replaced by something else more or less equivalent?

Ah, so that mag is not present any more in ACE2? Was it replaced by something else more or less equivalent?

Nukes were completely removed months ago. Normally we leave BWC (backwards compatibility) classes to at least prevent errors, but it seems this did not happen for the CfgMagazines.

Is it easier for you if we re-add the BWC classes? Though they'd at least be useless if we reintroduced them.

Edited by Sickboy

Not really required as, by default, the former ACE2 b61 is inside the forbidden weapons array and the corresponding MMA rearming configs are hidden. Only if the editor removes it from mando_weapons_forbidden the configs will be available and the error will be present if some of them is selected.

As far as I know, the rest of ACE2 weapon classes used by MMA are all present.

Here we go with the new MMA on-HUD navigation aid.

mando_missile_ils.jpg

Example mission <- Requires JDog's Nimitz and the new MMA test addon (this is not the official one yet).

How to operate it:

1 - Switch to HUD Navigation mode (by default L. CTRL)

2 - Press MMA Lock key (by default TAB) to cycle through destinations

3 - Head towards the desired destination, you will see a 3D path projected on the HUD, just follow it until touchdown.

The 3D path colour will be redish if you are too fast and blueish if you are too slow. There is also a circle indicating which end of the 3D path is closer to your plane.

MMA scans the island and detects all the existing airfields, which will be directly available as possible destinations. But at mission level it is possible to add more destinations, as the USS Nimitz present in the demo mission.

Extra ILS destinations are added to the mando_ilss array

The added object must have 5 internal vars configured

mando_ils_angh : Aproach horizontal angle

mando_ils_angv : Aproach inclination (vertical angle)

mando_ils_ealt : Extra altitude

mando_ils_pos : Position

mando_ils_name : Name

And then it can be added to mando_ilss array:

// An extra ILS is added, Nimitz carrier named cv1

cv1 setVariable ["mando_ils_angh", (getDir cv1) + 180 - 9];
cv1 setVariable ["mando_ils_angv", 4];
cv1 setVariable ["mando_ils_ealt", 15];
cv1 setVariable ["mando_ils_pos", cv1 modelToWorld [9.6, -158, 2]];
cv1 setVariable ["mando_ils_name", "USS Nimitz"];

mando_ilss = mando_ilss +  [cv1];

Withing the new MMA test addon there are many plane types with this system already included, you may try F14, F15, F16, F18, F22, F35, Harrier, Su34, Su33, Su27, Su30, Raffale, several Mirages, EF2000 and Grippen.

Edited by Mandoble

Here we go with the new MMA on-HUD navigation aid.

this is great, Mandoble! :bounce3:

I will test...

Can this be done with the Kuznetsov as well?

You can do it with anything, even with the USS Keh Sanh in Utes.

For the Kuznetsov, place one or more on the map and to add them to the mma ils array, just proceed this way (lets suppose you named it kz1):

kz1 setVariable ["mando_ils_angh", (getDir kz1) + 180 - 8];
kz1 setVariable ["mando_ils_angv", 4];
kz1 setVariable ["mando_ils_ealt", 17];
kz1 setVariable ["mando_ils_pos", kz1 modelToWorld [0.6, -159, 0]];
kz1 setVariable ["mando_ils_name", "Kuznetsov 1"];

mando_ilss = mando_ilss +  [kz1];

For USS Keh Sanh place a gamelogic on the map, name it (for example) cv2 and then execute the following from init.sqf

cv2 setPos [1357.6, 894,6, 0];
cv2 setVariable ["mando_ils_angh", 180];
cv2 setVariable ["mando_ils_angv", 4];
cv2 setVariable ["mando_ils_ealt", 15];
cv2 setVariable ["mando_ils_pos", [1357.6, 894,6, 0]];
cv2 setVariable ["mando_ils_name", "USS Keh Sanh"];

mando_ilss = mando_ilss +  [cv2];

New MMA test version with improved ON-HUD ILS system.

LMnQEdKMR58

How to operate it:

1 - Switch to HUD Navigation mode (by default L. CTRL)

2 - Press MMA Lock key (by default TAB) to cycle through destinations

3 - Head towards the desired destination, you will see a 3D path projected on the HUD, just follow it until touchdown. If yo are not heading in the correct direction you will see arrows in the HUD indicating where to turn catch the 3D path.

The 3D path colour will be redish if you are too fast and blueish if you are too slow. There is also a circle indicating which end of the 3D path is closer to your plane.

MMA scans the island and detects all the existing airfields, which will be directly available as possible destinations. But at mission level it is possible to add more destinations.

Example mission <- Requires JDog's Nimitz

Holy macarony! looks awesome! good job man!

TLDR;

How do you disable the MMA score thingy?

Herhaps some of you may help here a bit. I'm setting up a quite simple addon that, if present, will automatically set mando score OFF. It is based on CBA Extended Event Handlers, but its script doesnt execute at all :mad:

The addon MMA_XEH_NoScore.pbo has two only files:

config.cpp

class CfgPatches
{
class MMA_XEH_NoScore
{
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.1;
	requiredAddons[] = {"Extended_EventHandlers"};
	version = 1;
};
};

class Extended_PostInit_EventHandlers
{
MMA_XEH_NoScore_PreInit = "[] execVM ""MMA_XEH_NoScore\init_ns.sqf""";
};

And the script init_ns.sqf

if (isNil "MMA_XEH_NoScore_PreInit") then
{
MMA_XEH_NoScore_PreInit = true;
mando_no_score = true;
};

I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong somewhere, but I have no time for much further investigations.

Edited by Mandoble