Sign in to follow this  
jtec

Pukf - WIP

It has allways amazed me the way these clever people can get tiny delicate electronics to withstand the full force of charge super pushing a round out of a barrel.

I wonder what the G-forces are?

Brian :)

da12thMonkey, check out the BAE Systems BONUS round, there's a data sheet on their website.

Should be doable within the current arty system.

http://www.baesystems.com/ProductsServices/l_and_a_bof_bonus.html

Dan, AFAIK We're using Rheinmetall's DM702 BSFM for this sort of round. Basically performs the same function as BIS' SADARM, so I've got the BSFM in there.

-

Brian, thanks for the info mate. I had suspicion that we were using DM105 and DM106 from the appearance of the rounds in some photos, but the one text-based reference I could find stated US smoke and illum rounds. I'll change the names in the config to suit.

UKF's AS90 has the 39Cal barrel and will currently shoot 7.784 km to 24.319 km in-game distance using the ARTY module. I know these ranges aren't exact for the real gun (minimum range is far to long) but they're as good as I could get with the ballistics system in the game. Still a pretty cool feeling that the addon can give you fire support many kilometres beyond the max range of any existing arty vehicle in the game. I owe a massive thanks to the guys who told me how to generate ballistics tables for the module.

The addon's best used on larger islands than Chernarus. I've been doing testing on Chris' 30/40km^2 East Falklands, and a version of RKSL's enormous Ilha Marrom island, because they are the only ones I have big enough to use the AS90s sensibly. This experience has suggested that extended range munitions might be a bit overkill for ArmA.

IIRC the UK cancelled procurement of the Braveheart 52Cal because of problems with buying the ammunition from South Africa. I think the Poles are using the Braveheart turret on their PT-91 based 'KRAB' SPH though.

I allways thought the 52cal barrel was going to be a nightmare to move around anyway. Extra risk of a chinese salute, but easier for removing the muzzlebrake and fume extractor though.

P.S. Anyone have an answer to my question yet?? lol ;)

Anyone have an answer to my question yet?? lol ;)

At a guess I'd say it causes something to set on fire.

Seems all the stuff I ever read about the AS90 through work involves the vehicle bursting into flames, or that it requires improvements to the fire extinguishing system. Oh and once there was something about replacing a some sort of filter on them because they contained loads of asbestos. :D

There was a thing about the truuet ring sparking, but new brushes sorted that. The fire extinguishers would set themselves off if you went over a knife edge too fast, but nothing about the filters. New air filters for desert conditions? I doubt that anything as stupid as asbestos would have been used.

No. Nothing to do with fire. Think balistics.

brian ;)

Hmm... I found this. What it means I haven't a clue. "Taboo gear on the Light Gun (L118) Shyte, stops you pulling firing lever over 1244mils elevation"

Trying to think in mils... Would it come back down on or around your position if you went higher?

Nothing to do with that Darkhorse, but you're in the parish.

Brian ;)

New air filters for desert conditions? I doubt that anything as stupid as asbestos would have been used.

Just checked through some stuff; it was the obturator pad that was made of asbestos.

No offense but is there a point for this mod when Project Reality is doing the UK forces

yeah... the point is we will get UK kit without having all the PR game changing aspects

Keep it up fellas

No offense but is there a point for this mod when Project Reality is doing the UK forces

"yep lets just give up one everything we've been working on because someone else is doing it too" :confused:

this always happens with mods the UKF guys and PR team have v different goals if the stuff overlaps so be it but i dont think ive ever been on a mod team where at one point or other someone hasnt tried to do the same thing a little differently.

yeah... the point is we will get UK kit without having all the PR game changing aspects

And from what ive seen so far...higher quality and more accurate models and features. Rather than the low poly BF2 ports PR are offering.

From what i've 'heard' their encrypting the .pbo's and they won't be released on their own, so the gameplay has to come with the models!

Isn't this thread about P:UKF not PR?

Sounds like the AS90s are coming along well! Any chance of some screenshots? ;)

P:UKF has been around since....what, 2003? Theres nothing wrong with having guys making the same stuff; nobody ever said to StalkerGB "why are you making this? P:UKF have already done it." - and rightly so! Just be pleased to have variety and choice and not be reliant on one team.

Theres a good chance that PR will release its content and judging by the scripters and community members involved, i'm sure they have just as many features.

Smiley, nobody in UKF really cares what PR do, and although we wish them luck, this is a P:UKF thread, and i'd appreciate if you didn't come over here trying to take 'subtle' digs. Everyone else, yeah PR will be probably cover some of the same ground that we've been covering, but we're really not looking at what they're doing and our topic is definately not the place to discuss it.

And before anyone gets any silly ideas into thier head: the very idea of P:UKF vs PR is fucking retarded. That said, i've heard some very retarded ideas about UKF over the years, including the one where we've apparently made a standalone expansion for ArmA2, so I wouldn't be suprised if someone has it....the idea that is, not the fictional expansion.

Edited by Pathy

P:UKF has been around since....what, 2003? Theres nothing wrong with having guys making the same stuff; nobody ever said to StalkerGB "why are you making this? P:UKF have already done it." - and rightly so! Just be pleased to have variety and choice and not be reliant on one team.

Smiley, nobody in UKF really cares what PR do, and although we wish them luck, this is a P:UKF thread, and i'd appreciate if you didn't come over here trying to take 'subtle' digs. Everyone else, yeah PR will be probably cover some of the same ground that we've been covering, but we're really not looking at what they're doing and our topic is definately not the place to discuss it.

And before anyone gets any silly ideas into thier head: the very idea of P:UKF vs PR is fucking retarded. That said, i've heard some very retarded ideas about UKF over the years, including the one where we've apparently made a standalone expansion for ArmA2, so I wouldn't be suprised if someone has it....the idea that is, not the fictional expansion.

Wasn't a dig, I ment it in regards to the misfortune ukf have had with people with addons being handed out without permissions. Which made people (ukf) reluctant to release future work, and righty so.

:)

Hey guys just thought i would swing by this thread and say keep up the amazing work you guys rock Cant wait to see more british kit in arma 2:yay:

Much respect

DF

Sounds like the AS90s are coming along well! Any chance of some screenshots?

We've got a couple of other things that'll hopefully be done a good while before the AS90s are ready, but I suppose it doesn't hurt to put up a couple of pics of the big guns in action.

as90demo1.th.jpgas90demo3.th.jpgas90demo4.th.jpgas90demo5.th.jpg

Some other WIP stuff is shown in the pics too ;)

Apologies for my shite graphics settings and the fact I scaled the pics down

The map's ARTY fire mission interface looks like this, for those who want to see the scale relative to E FLK:

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/8258/as90demo2.jpg

Regarding UKF-PR discussion: please don't bother. It's not constructive for either of us.

They've quite rightly buggered off from these forums due to people going "Why are you doing that when 'X-mod' has done it this way." I think UKF are just as inclined to facepalm, and forget about this thread if the discussion's goes the same way.

I know we already keep a low-key approach to publicising what we're working on; but it'd be a shame if we didn't feel like answering a few questions now-and-then or making the occasional news post, was worthwhile.

Edited by da12thMonkey

Awesome!! All Guns,,, FIRE!!!

When is the promo video out?

PR is nothing to do with this thread so stop derailing it people please.