Sign in to follow this  
jtec

Pukf - WIP

That's really impressive guys :). Any chance to see a list of the stuff you will make for A2? :bounce3:

Thanks for the comments guys, Orsons work is really impressive if i do say so myself, as you can see work is progressing at a steady pace, and there may be a few more surprises in store still! ;)

Now im posting here to ask if there is anyone who can step forward to help with our config work? If you can spare some time every week to aid us, are reliable and driven, and can make a decent cup of tea..... :eek:

Please either contact me via PM here, there----> http://www.pukf.net or at jeftec2001@yahoo.com

Edited by Jtec

there may be a few more surprises in store still! ;)

show show show show!!!! :P

Now im posting here to ask if there is anyone who can step forward to help with our config work? If you can spare some time every week to aid us, are reliable and driven, and can make a decent cup of tea..... :eek:

i wish i could help, but i would have a clue to be honest :(

hope you find someone jtec!

any chance of british infantry being introduced? the tanks etc are amazing buti would love to see some infantry included :)

Have a look at StalkerGB's UK Rifles thread. He's making some top notch units there. I think the guys from PUKF don't want to duplicate the work.

Have a look at StalkerGB's UK Rifles thread. He's making some top notch units there. I think the guys from PUKF don't want to duplicate the work.

Spot on there! Pointless making duplicates on some already quality work! We have got a lot of work at present to contend with too!

This might sound a bit redundant, but have you guys considered joining each other so that StalkerGB's troops are the troops driving your vehicles? By the looks of it you guys already help each other out but I wondered whether there was any "interoperability" between you guys?

We have indeed been in contact, but Stalker has other commitments at the moment. Stalkers units can still easily be used within the editor to drive certain PUKF vehicles, although we will in the future need a tank crew modelled. ;)

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

scimitar.th.jpg

Lil WIP on Bennyboys Scimitar from a while back! Model is missing some items at the moment, but i will fix that once i have got the textures completed.

We are still in serious need of a config whizz! Our progress is being hampered due to this reason! If anyone has some spare time, please PM me or reply in this post! Thanks

Hey guys, just been reading aound, and saw an artical on the new warthog thats replacing the viking. Just wondering if you're working on either of them? Loving the WMIKs btw, top notch work!

Edited by Schancky

We have a Viking modeled by Orson.

Whether it'll come to ArmA 2 depends on whether we can get it to articulate properly with an existing towing script, or some other method.

We've not really put any effort in on that part yet though: We've got plenty of other things to work on that don't present such an enormous challenge to get in game.

We've not really put any effort in on that part yet though: We've got plenty of other things to work on that don't present such an enormous challenge to get in game.

fair enough, the mastiff will do the job just fine, looks better too tbh ;)

Are there any plans to port PUKF ArmA Jackels into ArmA2? Those were great.........

Yes indeed, there has been some beta tests, although it may take some time due to us not having a dedicated config master. Some of our team members are pretty handy with a config, but it would be much better to have a dedicated config expert within the team. Its whats holding a lot of our work back to be honest, so if anyone knows a experianced and dedicated config wizard please point them our way and then we could get our addons out much quicker!

OK. Hope you find someone to help with the configs, I'm looking forward to giving the SJB SAS boys some nice new equippment to use........

Hi there, I was in the Royal Artillery for 13 years and worked on AS90 since we got it in 1994-2005. If you have any questions about it, please ask me. I think the pic of it here is looking great!!

Brian :)

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

P.S. Here is a vid of my old job! I was safety driver for this exercise in Canada.

Have fun all,

Edited by britrb

Hi there, I was in the Royal Artillery for 13 years and worked on AS90 since we got it in 1994-2005. If you have any questions about it, please ask me. I think the pic of it here is looking great!!

Wouldn't happen to know the different types of rounds used with AS90 would you? I know it can fire most NATO 155mm but my efforts to find a list of what's in British stock have been less than rewarding.

The list I have is:

L15A2 HE,

DM702 BSFM (I'm not sure how our updated legislation on banning sub-munitions treats these; I've not read it - I know we got them to replace DPICM which was banned before),

M485A2 ILLUM,

M116 SMOKE,

and M825 WP (however a bloke I know who works on AS90 at DSG Bovington told me we stopped using WP, when I asked him about AS90 munitions)

I have made an approximation of each of these, set up for the BIS arty module with the help of NouberNou and Canukausiuka

I'd like to know if we have a laser-guided round like copperhead too, since a template for them exists in the ARTY module as well.

There's also L19 Inert, and L17 Marker (makes a big cloud of red dust) for training. DM 105 and DM106 (German, same standard as British) Smoke and Illum rounds.

We used to have M483 Bomblet, but as you said about the Sub Munitions malarky, we dont any more.

Not too sure about the guided ammo, but I'm sure someone somewhere is testing one or two ;)

The British ammunition system (all the stuff with L in front of it) is much more efficient than the American system. You get more flash at night, and smoke with the US kit. Also you have to swab out the chamber with a wet spongey brush after every 3 US rounds, and the orrible stuff clogs up the holes in the fume extractor after about 30-40 rounds!! The British stuff only needs a swab after every fire mission (That could be after 3 or 20 rounds)

Max range of the 39CAL barrel is 24.7 km, or if you have the longer 52 CAL barrel, you can get 30Km, although I did do some testing with an ERFB (Extended Range Full Bore) H.E. round. This had a small rocket motor in the base which extended the range an undisclosed ammount.

Hope this is a good start,

P.S. If any one here can tell us all why you cant fire arty at over 1244mils elevation, I'll give you cake!!

I'll PM you the answer if you ask me!!

Edited by britrb