Sign in to follow this  
jtec

Pukf - WIP

Hello chaps! Thought it was about time for us to post in the ARMA2 section of this wonderful site.

There has been a slight confusion wether we (PUKF) will still be producing British kit for Arma 2 :confused:........ well me posting in this section gives you the answer. :D

Although we have lost two wonderful addon makers (Messiah and Pathy) the team is still working very hard at releasing the huge number of models on our harddrives. As you may be aware the first model to be released will be the Warrior (see below). Which is nearing completion!

For more info regarding our plans for the future, more news and higher res screenshots, please visit us at http://www.pukf.net

war2copy.jpg

Any questions that we can answer will be answered as long as the question isnt regarding release dates! :D

Cheers!

Wow, the FV510 looks great! Are you planning on releasing any troops?

No troops planned currently, but to be honest StalkerGB is doing some wonderful stuff at the moment, so there is no need for 2 sets of UK troops!

Thanks for the quick reply :ok:, I assume they will be manned by USMC Crewmen then.

Looking great! Too bad about the reduced manpower, but good on you keeping the mod going.

Will the Pukf team try to fix the errors with the released addons?

For example the Challanger? (There are some really disturbing bugs :-( )

For various reasons this addon is incomplete, and has been released in an 'as is' state. At this point in time, there will be no future updates and fixes after the initial release.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=87744

It has not been discussed but as Pry has noted, it may not happen

Im sorry I couldn't answer your question fully but due to the lack of a scripter in the team, it makes life hard to even make the most basic of config's without an error.

As said, they were released in an unfinished state for a good reason.

I think carrying on with Chris and Messy's work is a bit daunting for those of us who are still working on UKF at the moment; no matter how much we'd like to see it completed.

They're our mates; we've worked together for many, many years now, and watched each others' projects develop from the first few polygons - it'd be a bit like dating your best mate's daughter.

Not to mention that they're both supremely talented blokes, and leave big shoes to fill in any effort to take those projects where they would have taken them.

As you can see though, the rest of us have loads of our own projects that we'd like to get finished too.

RTFM!! The priority at the time was getting stuff out, and as far as i'm aware, nothings changed; getting stuff out there is top of the list, and if it has a few minor errors, so be it. You'll just have to learn to deal with them.

It's not to say they won't ever update them, but please don't put pressure on the remainder of UKF to finish up work that was never intended at release to be finished up. Let them get on with their own projects.

Edit...I can't resist elaborating...: I mean, part of the reason stuff was taking so long was the struggling with bugs et al. In the end I just abandoned our usual perfectionist policy and released them with problems, rather than give up and not release at all. If you want stuff perfect, then you're just going to end up in a situation where nothings getting released again for a long time, because all the time is being put into chasing around bugs half of which have no logical rationale or explanation behind anyway (joys of the game engine)....If everythings perfectly functional, then, so what if the Landrovers have black squares around the taillights or the SA80s no shadows, they work and perform their roles, and thats better than having nothing, right? I'm sure you can make do with those minor bugs on those addons, if it means the Warriors, for instance, will be released quicker because the effort is being spent there, rather than trying to clean up mine and Messiahs mess....

Edited by Pathy

will u add rpg cages on it aswell?:)

dk

Indeed the 510 will come in a few colour schemes and eventualy the Wrap2 armour with rpg fencing

nice orson looking forward to try them when they get released... always seen the ukf stuff as some of the best addons to be made...

That AS90 is really something, as are all your other Addons. You guys deserve a lot more credit and respect than you actually get!

You guys deserve a lot more credit and respect than you actually get!

!word

would it be possible to use the AS90 with the arty module?

That AS90 is really something, as are all your other Addons. You guys deserve a lot more credit and respect than you actually get!

Couldn't agree more! Top notch quality all the way. :D

You guys deserve a lot more credit and respect than you actually get!

Indeed, coulden't have said it better myself :)

cheers for the comments :)

@ Due : in the screenshot they are firing from a map click using the arty module