Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

I cant remember how i did that. It was somewhere along the lines of changing the glass reticle of the aimpoint.

yeah thats what ive been trying to do. thanks anyway

it says how to get it in the youtube video's description.

first of all thx @optic for this awesome mod. but i have 1 problem that is annoying.

if something explodes and it starts to burn, the fire is spinning. i dont know anyone who got the same issue.

any idea to fix it?

using warfx 1.41

first of all thx @optic for this awesome mod. but i have 1 problem that is annoying.

if something explodes and it starts to burn, the fire is spinning. i dont know anyone who got the same issue.

any idea to fix it?

using warfx 1.41

and I have 1 problem... try to make use of your eyes first of all. We all know this already and if you look up a few lines you'll see that there's a fix out for the spinning fire.

and I have 1 problem... try to make use of your eyes first of all. We all know this already and if you look up a few lines you'll see that there's a fix out for the spinning fire.

thx for THIS answer...

:raisebrow:

and where to download? i read the whole thread. cant find any link. only discussions

Edited by Thomsn

thx for THIS answer...

:raisebrow:

and where to download? i read the whole thread. cant find any link. only discussions

In the youtube description it says:

"small clip to show the overworked WarFX mod for Arma 2 : OA (you know, the original had this "spinning wheel of fire" bug.

incase you wonder where i got it:

yoma addon synchronizer from hs-clan.com. check their forums."

I downloaded it myself and noticed cba stuff in it, so I removed it since I keep my CBA updated and wasn't sure if it'll conflict. Spinning fire was still present at my end unfortunately....at least for me anyways.

i really like the warfx but i dislike the sparkle effect from exploding vehicles look like a firework they should make it less sparkeling.

the GBU explosion is for me a bit ugly there should be black smoke .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q_kbn0uWc&feature=related

Thats not smoke dude... Thats sand and earth. It looks black.:j:

I wanted to mention and hope this hasn't been said already but when a vehicle or tank

is blown up and is burning, the smoke rising seems very fast, then it goes from that to a

slow pluming smoke which is cool but the smoke coming from the fire is fast.

I think the sparks are a bit to excessive though tbh, looks like a

chinese fireworks factory blew up, its almost overkill.

But great mod overall, cant play without it.

Is this a new "beta" or something or just a link to the old version? I wasn't aware there was anything wrong with this and OA/CO. I thought the spinning stuff had to do with a long fixed CBA issue.

The spinning stuff is all OA. All particles (including fire itself) spin in vanilla. Maruk said he thought it was totally cool and like in AAA games duh

has been said already hehe

Oh ok, great then.

I was wondering maybe someone had said this already then, lol but is there something we can do with the fire, i mean i seen better fire with madmatts mod in Arma 1. Color seems to strong of a yellow.

The spinning stuff is all OA. All particles (including fire itself) spin in vanilla. Maruk said he thought it was totally cool and like in AAA games duh

What's AAA games?

Is this a new "beta" or something or just a link to the old version? I wasn't aware there was anything wrong with this and OA/CO. I thought the spinning stuff had to do with a long fixed CBA issue.

Seems to be an inoffical but working (no crazy fires) hack/fix :)