Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

Passing through and found this. If you have questions about the plumes that 7.62 rounds kick up...

'Just for you' ;)

Hmm which loading order should I put this in the target line? Before or after JTD? I've got like 100 mods installed. :D

Doest matter i think, but place JTD second to WarFX. Since WarFX affect more stuff you'd be sure the smoke wich comes after explosions will take effect after. :)

But like i said - dont know if that is needed. But this is the logic i use myself since ArmA. Like placing soundmods in the very end so they are loaded upon everything else. Even though it might not matter. But it always made my addons work as intended. And yes - i got like 100 addons as well. In wait of ACE2. :)

Passing through and found this. If you have questions about the plumes that 7.62 rounds kick up...

'Just for you' ;)

As we can see, I think previous version was right about the dust in the ground. They are BIG.

Edited by VaiHalen

As we can see, I think previous version was right about the dust in the ground. They are BIG.

They are big... but not thick.. the last one was thick... and I think the current one is better though. just dont have the dirt kicking, only dust

One thing I noticed....when you impact water you get a dust cloud...anyone else see this?

Other than that , I wont play without this mod...great work. :D

First of all i want to say this is a great mod,but in my opinion the dust from the small caliber weapon impacts is way too big,it makes a 5.56 round look like a 25 mm round at 300 meters,i would like to remove the file that contains that part of the mod,but i dont now wich one it is,can someone help me out here??

'Just for you' ;)

Too late they have already been reduced, was much bigger in earlier release.

In that clip the guy is shooting directly into sand just a few meters away, of course it will kick up large dust clouds!

and that's how it looks like from the distance.

Actual addon = good, using inside my group, kthx!

Well just a verbal update atm, ive been away for a bit dealing with some real life stuff, but i havnt forgotten about the mod. Ive done some more work here and there and trying to iron out the remaining problems and finish as much as i can in the time i got but its a bit slow going atm.

Np, take your time!

Fantastic mod, this one is a keeper, I for one am quite happy with it right now so no need to rush ;)

Some less dust if possible from HE arty. A couple of those dust out a huge area. Think its a tad too much.

Maybe also add a small - very small - smoke puff when hitting metal. The sparks are great, but many times when firing you cant see if you hit. Just a small white/transparent puff could be nice effect for more impact feelin.

Maybe also add a small - very small - smoke puff when hitting metal. The sparks are great, but many times when firing you cant see if you hit. Just a small white/transparent puff could be nice effect for more impact feelin.

Totally agree Alex! This always looked weird to me in vanilla, it's like everything metallic is made of super clean flint stone. And it's so small that the weapon suddenly feels like a bb gun. :rolleyes: A puff off dust would be a great help.

ps. I can't play without this mod! I was doing some testing with mods turned off yesterday and boy was it lackluster. Great mod man, you rule!

Alex has my vote too.

Playing around with the arty last night turned things into a dust storm.

Great mod though, love hammering tanks in AH1 and seeing the fireworks!

I've been playing this with this mod installed and reading this thread and thinking, well, I can't see what all the fuss is about....

Then I installed the mod in a mod folder that is actually used!

double_trek_facepalm.jpg

I've been playing this with this mod installed and reading this thread and thinking, well, I can't see what all the fuss is about....

Then I installed the mod in a mod folder that is actually used!

double_trek_facepalm.jpg

LOL no wonder everything seemed normal to you :p

I think the particles need to scatter a little quicker, they seem to defy gravity and hang around a little to long.

Excellent mod tho. Cant seem to get it to work with jtd smoke and your tracer mod.

I am just a messenger.

Enad:

Hi, I've seen alot about your awesome mod and I really love it. I've tried Downloading it many times and I still dont notice a difference in any effects. I've seen screenshots and videos of the awesome explosion effects and such but I dont have any of that. Is there any mod that conflicts with this and makes it disabled or something? Maybe JTD Smoke?? I really want to use this mod, it looks like amazing work!

I sent him a PM on Armaholic but I dont think he checks it that often as BI forums

I am just a messenger.

Enad:

Hi, I've seen alot about your awesome mod and I really love it. I've tried Downloading it many times and I still dont notice a difference in any effects. I've seen screenshots and videos of the awesome explosion effects and such but I dont have any of that. Is there any mod that conflicts with this and makes it disabled or something? Maybe JTD Smoke?? I really want to use this mod, it looks like amazing work!

I sent him a PM on Armaholic but I dont think he checks it that often as BI forums

It works with JTD Smoke i have both installed... are you using SLX mod? if yes then remove slx weapons.pbo... this fixed the effects for me...

Enad:

He should simply try only loading the WarFx mod and if that works well then it's another mod screwing it up!

Well i found one problem which im trying hard to fix, its the muzzle effect, not muzzle flash (although i have worked on the muzzle flashes and are working just fine in this upcoming release) the backblast from from helicopter rockets and missiles it does the same as before as in the particles somtimes emits as sqaures and looks glitchy, ive tried a few things but still unable to find a solution. Once this has been fixed i should be able to release it. So if anyone knows a solution or advice to fix this it would mean a big help. Theres also alot of other stuff gone into this release it should really be a good un, once ive fixed this issue.

Edited by Opticalsnare