icebreakr any chance of a addon pack with your duala units...

mol army,afr res army and now your new 1 seem to really go together and would be alot easier for mission makers to provide 1 link for the units....

mod folder could be called @dualaunits or whatever..

Yeah I'm having trouble getting the units to make a map, I got all the unit packs and set them up in mod folders, put the keys where they needed to go and I still can't find the units lol

place all files into a addons folder then put the addons folder into a @file, then get an arma launcher is the easiest method..

Sahbazz and I will put everything together in new release. We still have a plan to do specops guys for both sides. And of course civilians + armed civilians for Molatia. Btw is AI able to throw rocks if you put them to their inventory? Didnt have time to test it out :)

If any of you have cool ideas for african t-shirts send me photos to my PM, tnx :)

Btw is AI able to throw rocks if you put them to their inventory? Didnt have time to test it out :)

They do, but when I checked they were not hitting a thing even when I placed 30 stone-throwing guys at once, the stones always landed like 5m away from me.

Sahbazz and I will put everything together in new release. We still have a plan to do specops guys for both sides. And of course civilians + armed civilians for Molatia. Btw is AI able to throw rocks if you put them to their inventory? Didnt have time to test it out :)

If any of you have cool ideas for african t-shirts send me photos to my PM, tnx :)

happy to hear were getting specops at some point can the MOLATIAN ARMY get there own morters that would give them a more civil war fill but again great job

Edited by esco7800

ERROR REPORT

playing Isla duala Evoluition with vops 2.1 sound mod

I get an out of memory error with 50 million copies of this line in the RPT file

Error: sample vops_s_environmental\light_sea.wss with unsupported sample frequency: 48000

Error: sample vops_s_environmental\light_sea.wss with unsupported sample frequency: 48000

I've reported it to the vops guys. thought i'd share it with you too

LOD issue with the bridge between Ursana and Kirabo.

arma22010-04-1001-49-06-56.jpg

Close

arma22010-04-1001-48-55-93.jpg

Bit farther out. Part of it disappears.

And no I didn't shoot it :p

I believe you AnimalMother:D, its a LOD problem with the bridge part,seen it happen on duala and Celle, from far it looks like the bridge is out till you get close then it suddenly appears. Think its the only bridge with this problem.

The sort of "motorway style" bridge from Arma1 does this too...not sure about the others... it IS a problem with the BIS model - not the island... Most annoying, but I'm not sure if anything can be done about it...

B

Woooot! They looks great. Reminds me of Far Cry 2. :D

Am I the only one who can no longer get grass to show up properly in the current version of Duala? Or is this a known issue?

LOD issue with the bridge between Ursana and Kirabo.

arma22010-04-1001-49-06-56.jpg

Close

arma22010-04-1001-48-55-93.jpg

Bit farther out. Part of it disappears.

And no I didn't shoot it :p

And AI cant cross the bridge....they get stuck in the south side of the bridge.

Is that BIS problem or Duala problem??:confused:

Am I the only one who can no longer get grass to show up properly in the current version of Duala? Or is this a known issue?

Read previous posts or consult Troubleshooting section of my website in sig. You have to use the latest ibr_plants.pbo, the file is shared with Duala. Delete the one in folder where you have Duala installed. It should work then.

And AI cant cross the bridge....they get stuck in the south side of the bridge.

Is that BIS problem or Duala problem??:confused:

I just spent a few hours looking though this whole thread to see if this was happening to anyone else, and here it is right at the end!

They cross from south to north just fine, but coming from the north, they stop right at the southern end of the bridge.

The massive long fence at the bottom of the Gerenuk Desert stumps them too. I understand why the fence is there, but it is a massive hindrance to any mission with dynamic AI, as is the river. I think these few things will prevent many possibilities as far as dynamic missions go. Be nice if the river was made easier for the AI to negotiate.

Anyway, this is my first post in this thread, don't want to seem negative or ungrateful, so I'd just like to praise you Ice, for this masterpiece. Truly a work of art map!! Just a bit hard on the AI.

One fence doesnt make it hard on the AI, this map is very well made with AI in mind. They do great for me. Obviously a fence is gonna cause problems...

Just try to stay away from that area, its just a barren desert anyways, not much interesting there.

Edited by Enad

I love the rivers. It's actually got me trying to convince somebody to make a AVLB for it & other islands.

African Civilians for Duala will be included in the next release. Addon will also feature an "armed" faction "Molatian Sympathizers" equipped with AK47Ms, RPGs, RPKs and stones. Big tnx to IceWindo for providing A1 civilians with tshirts + pants and short pants.

afrppl2s.jpg

Edited by IceBreakr

Just spent the evening roaming around Duala-- brilliantly done Ice. Really captures the imagination. Will be suggesting this and Panthera to a bunch of friends! Thank you for the superb work. :)