yes my server had already ace m bt when i load you`re mission it kick me back to the missions
Same for our ACE server, kicked back to MP lobby

file is corrupted in the dowload is my only guess, again try just grabbing it off one of the many servers hosting it...

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

this mission would only work with the latest ace version as well because i added the bmd,s and other newer ace stuff...

file is corrupted in the dowload is my only guess, again try just grabbing it off one of the many servers hosting it...

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

this mission would only work with the latest ace version as well because i added the bmd,s and other newer ace stuff...

And the ammo box is not complete , i don`t gett all the weapons that i see in the script file ,just a few weapons ,no glasses @ all ,etc

Edited by Sneaker-78-

I would kindly ask you to move the missions topic into the proper forum - User missions.

I would kindly ask you to move the missions topic into the proper forum - User missions.

srry my mistake :(

forgive me

Little bug report: it seems the effect of water for some of the ponds is higher than it the actual water that is seen. Units that go into the ponds swim above the actual water...

swimmingduala.jpg?t=1266308534

Animal: that's not a bug, they're just extreme Hydrophobes :D

I guessing you have read "the colour of magic" by terry pratchett?

Hehe yep - I was hoping someone might get the reference :)

I've read (and own, often in several formats) all of his books.

IceBreakr,

Isla Duala is made absolutely outstanding. So many unique areas.

I'm really impressed :eek:

Thank you for this hard piece of work!!

Greeting

Silola

Amazing island ans units!! Thanks you very much IceBreakr!

Do you plan to make and release Civilian units too? It would be perfect to complete this place!

:)

Icebreakr: Mate, I think I speak for a LOT of people when I say this: Isla Duala will be the benchmark by which all new maps will be compared. This is as close to perfection as I've seen.

Sorry if this is known or talked about, but most of Vixena island seems to be under water. I flew past it in the morning and i could clearly see the water.

Now im not totally sure but this might explain why that little island is so heavy on my pc as we know ARMA2 atm where water and land meet drags down performance. This was not a problem until some patches ago but its not fixed yet.

Anyway sorry if this is already known.

Haven't encountered that personally. Although if vixena is the SW island I do have a strange tale...

I was swimming halfway between the main part of Vixena and a little island with a lighthouse on it, (had to swim across to where a UH-60 auto-rotated in) and my guy was dragged under water, screamed, then came back up bloody. It appears those alligators (or was it crocodiles) aren't a joke after all...

Sorry if this is known or talked about, but most of Vixena island seems to be under water. I flew past it in the morning and i could clearly see the water.

Now im not totally sure but this might explain why that little island is so heavy on my pc as we know ARMA2 atm where water and land meet drags down performance. This was not a problem until some patches ago but its not fixed yet.

Anyway sorry if this is already known.

I'm having problems with Vixena too, maybe it has something to do with the problem your having.

For me Vixena/Camara felt laggy and had some bad texture flickering so i tried defragging my hdd, adjusting settings etc. but nothing helped so i formatted my harddrive and re-installed WinXP & ArmA 2. That seemed to get rid of the worst laggy feeling but the texture flickering is really bad!

This only happens on Vixena though!!

6Wj69QrlCOA

P.S. I manually placed that telek1 tower.

I cant see the water during daytime and i never saw it until i just pissed around in the editor at morning sun. Flew over it and saw a lighter "coating" over most of the island. At closer look i saw it was water. And with the current performance drop where water meets land it might be a factor for making Vixena extremely heavy.

Sorry dont have PS installed atm (old paint so canvas is big around the small image...)

Edited by Alex72

I cant see the water during daytime and i never saw it until i just pissed around in the editor at morning sun. Flew over it and saw a lighter "coating" over most of the island. At closer look i saw it was water. And with the current performance drop where water meets land it might be a factor for making Vixena extremely heavy.

Sorry dont have PS installed atm (old paint so canvas is big around the small image...)

You might want to take note of the date and time you saw that, maybe there's some high-tide business going on.

Vixena is heavy on the CPU because of the jungle. I thinned it a lot before the actual release but its still quite heavy. Alex72: please send me your mission so I can check it out. Vixena is only few meters high and flooding can maybe really occur on high tides. Send me mission or time/date of the mission to check it out.

Screenshot time was whatever date it starts on (6th? 9th?) but i changed the month to march. Time was 6 in the morning. Come in from south/southeast and you see it.

I guess it is high tide so thats prolly cool.

Like I previously said, this Island is amazing, the best 3rd party island i have seen since the the release of OFP.

However, I seem to get this "fire in the sky" bug quite a lot, almost every time I play infact. With Chernarus I used to mainly only see it if I had to disconnect and reconnect to a server, but with Duala that doesn't matter, I get it on first load.

I have yet to play any other mission on it than Domination, so that's my only reference, not sure if the mission matters.

The fire is caused by destroyed, burning vehicles and their fire animation going out of control filling the entire sky when looking in particular directions. It's never usually across the entire island, just around the base or (mostly) around the active town when you join.

Is it possible for this to be fixed?

^^ That is a known ARMA2 bug wich manifests itself in the Domination mission. Has nothing to do with Isla Duala AFAIK. The bug is reported to BIS since long time ago and have been discussed all over since then. Maybe some islands are more prone for this to happen but i doubt it. Domination is where the problem happens and since i never played Dom so far in ARMA2 i have also never seen this problem personally. Only on screenshots from Dom sessions.