Awesome work! All they need now is an airforce with some nice turboprops. In my dreams. would make for funny warfare if both Molatia and Alfrene had something like that... But maybe Alfrene would have some jet trainers instead (in the class of BAE Hawk or Saab 105). And Molatia some WWII style single engine fighters and twin engine bombers :) But i think they would have at least some MIG 15 and/or 21.

End of dreaming.

Is 2.7L considered a large engine in Europe?

My daily drivers are a 5.0L car and a 5.7L truck...

This is something i have been wondering about for a long time. How the f*ck can the americanas get so little power from such huge engines? Its not the size that counts its what you do with it.

An example:

Ford GT: 5.4L Supercharged V8 550 bhp (410 kW) and 500 lb·ft (680 N·m) of torque. (Matched by the BMW X6 M 4.4L engine)

Koenigsegg CCX: 4.7L Supercharged V8 806 bhp (601 kW) and 678 lb·ft (919 N·m) of torque.

But what counts more than raw power output is someting called the power to weight ratio. If you put a 2.7L engine in what is essentially a shoebox on wheels then it is extremely large.

Edited by Angle

JDMT, Rifleman: originally 710 model has 2.5 engine, its weak in today's standards, operational range around 250 miles. Offroad is where this vehicle excels and its engine is designed to deliver max. torque at 2000 rpm. You can read more about weaknesses and strengths here.

You can find a lot of nice videos of offroading, for example like

. :) Edited by IceBreakr

WazZzaaa!: will do, but priority now are "t-shirt" civilians (inc. armed ones).

As i've said many times before, LoBo is the man that made Pinzgauer, big thanks to him :)

Note: I've left a @AfrenianArmy folder by mistake in that 7zip, you only need to install to @Duala/addons where other island files are. The main mirror is fixed, Armaholic will fix it soon too, AA.info please update file once again. Its nothing wrong its maybe just a bit confusing for the rookies :)

love the jeep :) just wondering as i dont know much on that vehicle, should it be this fast offroad? i got it to around 80 on the speed

also it seems a little bit drifty(which is tons of fun hehe) maybe a bit more weight, but like i said drift=fun :D

I just had to say that even though the vehicle is a bit fast and hardcore now im really keeping the PBO's if you ever slow it down Ice. Because the only reason that its the funniest car to drive around atm! :) Driving that little mini bus over the Duala desert is fackin fantastic. When i get my new pc built and done its gonne be even more enjoyable.

Thanks Ice and those who are working on this "complete island package" - you f-ing rock guys. ;)

I think my engine comment distracted from my original question.

Is there anything special I need to do to get the ALICE civilian module to work on this map?

The ambient cars and animals are working, though kinda sparsely populated.

Love the new truck btw!

I'll still take my pushrod v8 over dohc anyday :yay:

Rifleman: it should work "out of the box", just remember to place the Functions module down too, just in any case. And ob course both modules to active (Alice & Sylvie). SiC-Disaster: I'm creating them, texture work under way ;)

that was freaken awesome! I love people fighting with parachute pants and life jackets on lol

So you notice the clip spring out the bottom of the guys clip? lol what a joke.

Anyway, so is the civilians working now?

Duala needs more of these guys (especially with lifesavers. Obviously, they save your life in a firefight too:)):

http://www.fmft.net/archives/001463.html

We would need a new AI module for them, I think we could call it Artificial Incompetence ;)

Thanks, I'll try ALICE again

Rifleman: it should work "out of the box", just remember to place the Functions module down too, just in any case. And ob course both modules to active (Alice & Sylvie). SiC-Disaster: I'm creating them, texture work under way ;)

Don't forget custom animation :D

We need those moves in the game! Our combat efficiency would be upped by 100% :eek:

Apparently one of my mods is breaking ALICE on Duala, it still works fine on the stock maps though. A few civilians showed up on Duala after I tried it with no other mods installed. It still took a while before any showed up and there were only a few, not as thick as on the stock islands.

I will test some more later and try to figure out which mod is causing the problem. This is my favorite island.

Duala needs more of these guys

http://www.fmft.net/archives/001463.html

Goddam i laughed so i fell outta my chair reading the comments to each pic! :D Awesome. Thanks for that.

EDIT: Please make a new anim for those rebels Ice and include the "Phat Batman Begins firing position". HAhHAHAHA! :D

Sorry mate. Im tired and cant stop laughing. Will stop OT'ing tho. ;)

Edited by Alex72

Goddam i laughed so i fell outta my chair reading the comments to each pic! :D Awesome. Thanks for that.

EDIT: Please make a new anim for those rebels Ice and include the "Phat Batman Begins firing position". HAhHAHAHA! :D

Sorry mate. Im tired and cant stop laughing. Will stop OT'ing tho. ;)

Indeed funny stuff there: The nautical theme is ever popular as is seen by this militiaman wearing a stylish Kapok life jacket. It wont stop a bullet but it sure looks Boo-yaa!

LMFAO :D

Sorry for OT.

JW Custom: you're forgiven. You see, I just finished playing all of your ACE2 Duala coop missions with my team ;)

p.s. I've increased MP slots to ensure all 17 members could join.

What are your future plans with the Pinzgauer (if there are any)? I'd like to see a version with its soft cover removed, also a version with a machine gun would be great.

I also noticed that the front wheel is clipping a bit into the car body. Might help to just make all the wheels a tad smaller (which would make them more realistic as well).

egg: tnx, will check it out.

Soon there will be a new version of Duala featuring local civilians. Big thanks to IceWindo for helping me out with "flipflopers" :)

Very nice updates on the island and the troops - the pinzgauer is a great addition. Looking forward to the civies ;)