Will the game know to place just the Duala civies when placing the Ambient Civilian module on Isla Duala or will it still place Eastern Europe civies as well?

Well, I've defined new faction spawn points but it seems Alice just love placing "CIV" faction at the same time. So basically we get all kinds of folks wandering around Duala now :) Since we don't have African women made it is kinda nice to see a jogger or secretary, but kinda sucks when a guy in a wooly winter hat walks by - just consider them "special" for now ;)

But you know that it is possible to restrict the spawned civilians to the exact classes you want?

Link to the relevant WIKI page HERE.

Most important part is:

civilianRarity = <array>; - Changing civilian rarity numbers (e.g. to have villagers spawned in cities, or to disable spawning of given class completely with unusual number like 10). Default rarity numbers are set in config under rarityUrban value (in range from 0/village to 1/city) 
Example: BIS_alice_mainscope setvariable ["vehicleRarity",["Citizen1",10,"Worker2",0.8]]; 
Default value: [] 

Cheers,

D.

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov

I believe that is important for mission makers and not the island config itself?

Yes, of course.

But I guess mission makers would be glad to have an example script to have african civilians only for their missions.

Another possible "meantime fix" would be a small replacement config file that simply replaces every default civ type with one or the other of the Duala citizenry... that way you'd only get Duala civs... the downside being that you'd get Duala civs on every island while that config is loaded... Not a big deal if you're only intending to play Duala missions that session...

I guess you could even extend the idea even further and include RC entries for basic east and west units too - using the Afrenian and Molatian units, which would give the added bonus of those units being used in all Duala missions you play, regardless of whether the mission writer used them or not...

B

I'll release new Duala soon. Main features of v1.6:

- added civilians (alice module enabled or placable via in-game editor)

- added armed rebels (they call themselves MOlatian Fan

Organization - MOFOs)

- added angry protestors armed with stones and smoke bomb

- editor groups for rebels and civilians

- added T-55 tank for Molatian Army

- both armies included in the pack (Afrenian v1.1 + new Molatian v1.2)

- clutter fix & compatibility with Panthera 2.6 or higher

the desert coloured BMD's are perfect for this map, as are the chenowth buggies and the RE landrovers, the camo F4 and Mi28... they all work so well in it.

I'll be making a Molatian/Afrenian Evolution with all these added mods as soon as it's released...

- added armed rebels (they call themselves MOlatian Fan

Organization - MOFOs)

I loled! Classic man i can't wait!

With help of PeterGrozni and Kju protestors now carry "killer/deadly" stones that can kill you if they managed to hit you in the head or at least injure you pretty badly :)

With help of PeterGrozni and Kju protestors now carry "killer/deadly" stones that can kill you if they managed to hit you in the head or at least injure you pretty badly :)

that's awesome :)

And david took his sling, grabbed a stone from the ground and killed the Giant!

mwhuhahahaha, fun fun fun....... let's lock and load....

Everything's been ready for release yesterday but we found a nasty bug with T-55. If you "Get Out/Jump Out" from commander position you get damaged or even killed on 2nd attempt. So release of 1.6 is postponed until I fix this bug. Size of addon will be at 240 megs (7zipped).

icebreakr what kind of car does the president drives ?

i have models for a s class mercedes and a range rover

let me know

Hey! I dig this map! Can you guys post some links to SP/Coop missions made for this?

Thanks!

He's not the masia now stone him... no thow him to the lions... he's just a naught little boy!!

I am sure some of you will get the meaning... :-)

Can't wait for the next update, your creating such an atmosphere with this island, it gives me the nostalgia of Tonal or even Delta Force Black Hawk Down. Now I need a multiplayer group to play with, kinda boring running around in the editor all day.

Now I need a multiplayer group to play with, kinda boring running around in the editor all day.

filter mp servers for GITS and hook up with us - we play duala and panthera evolution modded and unmodded.

getting to know the cities and swamps of duala like my own home town... andgreat SWAT-teaming along the streets, breaching walls into compounds and snaking through the cities...

btw ice can you add our Evolution missions to your map list here

http://www.icebreakr.com/islands/index.php?island=duala&show=missions

the link is

Eggbeast's GITS Evolution (coop 22) for Duala - modded and unmodded

http://91.192.210.5/gits/Arma/GITSEvoMissionpack.zip

and

http://www.icebreakr.com/islands/index.php?island=panthera&show=missions

Eggbeast's GITS Evolution (coop 22) for Panthera - modded and unmodded

http://91.192.210.5/gits/Arma/GITSEvoMissionpack.zip

Edited by eggbeast

Going to definitely right some missions with the vdv fighting some of the people on this island :)

think i might make some riot gear irish troops if the locals will throwing stones :p