Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

In the old days games were made by nerds for nerds, but when the masses got wind of it, it all went in a downward spiral.

Sad isn't it? Every time I read something like this or hear something like this it always brings me to this http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=282.

Curiously a nearby gamestop no longer has DR on it's shelves here either, not even the tags it would be shelved infront of, yet Arma 2 was there which is even stranger since Combat Operations was originally not.

It is a shame, DR had potential, I mean Flashpoint Elite came to the Xbox with some new textures and effects including normal and specular mapping on both soldiers and landscape, all of the original vehicles some even with improvements visually.

The editor had no limits aside from placing soldiers a certain height but you could go anywhere, yet DR could not pull it off on the 360?

why bother to pay for it when it has zero anti copy on it, day one it was broken, full functionality for free, serves em right for tarnishing the good name OFP

Because it's the right thing to do.

I keep telling myself that since I bought it. If I would have waited a couple weeks, I hear you can get it now < $19.00 on ebay.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

I did score a brand new copy of Delta Force Xtreme 2 (still like the thing for run and gun) for $9.99 while in Gamestop.

Well, at least Operation Flashpoint and ArmA has gotten more attention..

This is true for sure. Before OFP2 came out the game shops in Sweden didnt know about ARMA2. Now when i talk to the guys in the shops they know ARMA2 as the "competitor" to OFP2 and that the latter is the crap out of them 2. :) I started grease the shops up about OA wich they think sounds great.

Also feel those reviewers that gave ARMA2 a tad bad reviews and favoured OFP2 before it was even out should man up and apologize. But they are probably hiding in shame.

Oh well. Hope you guys that baught it get some value when and if there will be some mods and stuff.

You know there I are some things OFP2 does right and some things ARMA2 does right. I actually wish the developers somehow combined the two games.

Instead of two games with plenty of potential but crippled by bugs/performance issues, plus lack of modability when it comes to OFP2. In my alternate universe we would have had one game to rule them all.

Edited by ReconTeam

alright, I thought I can carry at least through the single player, but now I got stuck do to bugs. There are "checkpoint" auto saves only so reloaded the 100th time the same checkpoint and my team is missing. I wish I made a screenshot. Only their weapons stuck in mid- air and in the bush and some equipment laying on the ground, the team is in another dimension I guess. Supposed to board a heli in an LZ which is clean until the HQ radios in that the Heli is 5 minutes away. 10 seconds later the HQ says the heli 1 min away, but it pops out of nowhere with gatling guns blazing all directions, shooting at enemies, which suddenly appeared out of nowhere. So it lands, I get in and the heli won't leave, because my invisible team mate stuck in the twilight zone 500 meters away refuse to join back in the 3rd dimension. Finally i got a lethal shot sitting in the chopper, and my suddenly my dimension hopping team is boarding the heli and as the heli prepares to take off, I'm back on the 'reload checkpoint' menu because I'm dead.

After the 5th time the same thing happening I just quit and then only to realize that my mouse pointer is gone in the menu screen, so I have to keyboard myself out of the game.

I think ARMA II devs have a tremendous opportunity to release a good patch to iron out some of the worst bugs out there, because there is an exodus of the OFP crowd highly disappointed with DR and looking for another open ended game and armaII is right here.

Edited by Rapier

I think ARMA II devs have a tremendous opportunity to release a good patch to iron out some of the worst bugs out there, because there is an exodus of the OFP crowd highly disappointed with DR and looking for another open ended game and armaII is right here.

Latest beta build is quite good.

Luhgnut;1479590']Latest beta build is quite good.

Sorry to go off-topic, but would that build, being a beta, have installed automatically via steam?

Nope, but goto the beta forums and you can download it there (look at the first link in the first post of the first sticky), works for Steam.

It is a shame, DR had potential, I mean Flashpoint Elite came to the Xbox with some new textures and effects including normal and specular mapping on both soldiers and landscape, all of the original vehicles some even with improvements visually.

The editor had no limits aside from placing soldiers a certain height but you could go anywhere, yet DR could not pull it off on the 360?

console shooters would be alot different if bis released flashpoint elite later and on the 360 instead of the original a long time ago...only a few weeks seperated the release of ofp elite and the xbox 360

Well what more can I say, has this bloke been living under a rock for the past 3 weeks. I think some people need to get a grip. CM are having problems selling DR now, I would like to know the other popular shooter he is referring to, he doesn’t seem to be talking about a Mil Sim game surly not :raisebrow: the mind boggles.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5825380&postcount=1

How Codemasters can make an additional 100,000+ Sales on PC

Make a statement to the effect that you'll not only patch in dedicated servers at some point in the near future. But promise to support the modding community in their endevours, both of which would require the minimal of effort in comparison to the potential sales generated from such decisions.

Right now, we have a huge disenfranchised community from another popular online shooter looking for a new home.

2/4

I would like to know the other popular shooter he is referring to, he doesn’t seem to be talking about a Mil Sim game surly not :raisebrow: the mind boggles.

2/4

He talks about CoD community and the lack of dedicated servers and modding support in the upcoming Modern Warfare 2.

Well what more can I say, has this bloke been living under a rock for the past 3 weeks. I think some people need to get a grip. CM are having problems selling DR now, I would like to know the other popular shooter he is referring to, he doesn’t seem to be talking about a Mil Sim game surly not :raisebrow: the mind boggles.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5825380&postcount=1

How Codemasters can make an additional 100,000+ Sales on PC

Make a statement to the effect that you'll not only patch in dedicated servers at some point in the near future. But promise to support the modding community in their endevours, both of which would require the minimal of effort in comparison to the potential sales generated from such decisions.

Right now, we have a huge disenfranchised community from another popular online shooter looking for a new home.

2/4

Even without a dedicated server, MW2 will OBLITERATE DR. And TBH, it doesn't need to. DR "obliterated" itself with false marketing and lack of advertised features.

Lenton & Co better get that DLC out before the 12th of November if they want to salvage that last $15.00 because the reviews of MW2 are extremely positive so far. I don't put a lot of stock in pre release reviews, however, when it comes to IW, they have a very good track record unlike Lenton (and his stupid analogies). Likening DR to Cannes is laughable. It's more like the Razzies ;)

DR had it's chance.

Edited by BangTail

Codemasters forums are currently down. Tried to read that thread but I am unable to get any community.codemasters page to load. Oh well, crap game crap forums.

Codemasters forums are currently down. Tried to read that thread but I am unable to get any community.codemasters page to load. Oh well, crap game crap forums.

They work here.

I said no discussion here about how the CM Forums are moderated, no?

Are the guidelines that complicated that you don't understand them?

Is this so hard to understand? This topic has become nothing but bitching about the CM forums and a bunch of people denouncing DR and claiming it raped their mother, accusing the people at the CM forums for being biased, while ignoring their bias.

Is this so hard to understand? This topic has become nothing but bitching about the CM forums and a bunch of people denouncing DR and claiming it raped their mother, accusing the people at the CM forums for being biased, while ignoring their bias.

What he said.

Have you guys noticed the Intel Mission Contest? Sorry if it's been posted here, lost track of this thread's progression. Look at the contest requirements:

• The mission has to be Cooperative (up to 4 players) or Single Player
  • The official Intel Mission Contest image must be defined as your Mission Image
  • One of the mission objectives must involve an Intel I7 CPU
  • The term "Intel" must be included in The Mission Description and the Mission Name
  • The Mission Group must be "Intel"

One question: how on earth do you put an objective into the mission in relation to the I7? Unless it's "Go out and buy the I7 processor from Intel". I guess that was the only way to get Intel to agree to such a farce. It's quite funny just to look at it. Guess CM are still trying to milk it.

What he said.

Have you guys noticed the Intel Mission Contest? Sorry if it's been posted here, lost track of this thread's progression. Look at the contest requirements:

One question: how on earth do you put an objective into the mission in relation to the I7? Unless it's "Go out and buy the I7 processor from Intel". I guess that was the only way to get Intel to agree to such a farce. It's quite funny just to look at it. Guess CM are still trying to milk it.

Looks like it's time to bring back Teh Crap Mishun :D !

THe guy that made 1500 AI battles should enter this contest. And try to fry the I7 processor with 64 AI in OFDR...

Now thats what I call tech demo

objective into missions ?

let's show some fantasy :

1) bad Chinese copy unlicensed intel i 7 processor, you must kill guards and destroy company and escape before 1 000 000 small squad (Chinese attacking by small squads, by Milion) , you have good chance to survive with their AI accuracy and skills, ooops, sorry, not milion but 63 Chinese

2) Intel put production to China and you are Chinese guard, you must protect production of Intel before many US soldiers attack (those guys are AMD crazy and if you have 62 guards with you, than maybe you will reach one American who attack your plant)

3) you must find lost Intel processor in forest full of enemy soldiers (no matter what army), so search forest for specific object/place, when you get stuck - you are in DR game :) and intel lies on ground (smallest object make you stuck)

4) you must enter forest with Abrams, inside forrest there lies on ground I7, there is only one problem... trees :D

Teh Crap Mishun :D !

Ah, fond memories! :bounce3:

Anyways, how about something like 'your CO needs you to steal the chinese COs new I7 cpu, so we can finally beat him at Minesweeper, making him loose face, commit sepuku (ok, that's the japanese, but what the heck!) and thus have us win the war!'. Sound like a winner, ey?!

;)

Anyways, how about something like 'your CO needs you to steal the chinese COs new I7 cpu, so we can finally beat him at Minesweeper, making him loose face, commit sepuku (ok, that's the japanese, but what the heck!) and thus have us win the war!'. Sound like a winner, ey?!

;)

Well, against the entries so far - yes. :eek:

Edit: Which appear to have been removed. God, they'll be lucky if they get any at all for this.

Edited by Zipper5
Note

WTF?

Yeah, because when I think of major military operations between the world's largest military giants - I'm certain I7's got to be at the root of that conflict...

...unless of course, they're referring to Intel's top secret military I7 Pony prototype that shoots lasers from it's eyes and can level entire battalions with a shake from it's mighty mane. That could happen.

I demand CM release their I7 Pony that shoots lasers and formidable mane DLC content now so I can get started on my mission! :mad:

I alos stumbled on the mission contest and after a while i ended on this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lK5dp8tugo&feature=player_embedded#

That shocked me to the very core, even the coders of the game are living in the lie :O , i mean that guy who is talkig about the multithreading technology and so on, why the hell do you need multithreading when the game runs maxed on a single core? Why do you need multithreading for a 64 AI limit? Why do you need multithreading for a game that runs on a console wihch has whorse processor than my old TV? Why do you need multithreading for view distance, wnen all you see is a single tree copy-pasted billion times? Why do you need multithreading for a game that is not able to surpass its predecessor which was running on a 400Mhz singlecore processor on a 10 times bigger scale?

Ok i will stop now because im kinda repeating myself...